Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    The ammo is your stamina and strenght, which might be in more limited supply than you might think. Ever tried knocking the shit out of a bag, you have to be in very good shape to keep that up
    true, but with a good blade (see linked below as my choice) is going to have a much more definitive effect, a gun which most would choose might slow, but you need to get a head shot in to be remotely sure of victory, i'd much rather my chances with either a katana or naginata (linked)

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&...r:13,s:0,i:117

There are three standard weapons every properly equipped Zombie Apocalypse warrior should have on hand:

Sidearm - I recommend a Glock in .45 ACP, either the full-sized 21 or the sub-compact 30 (the wily warrior would have one of each, the sub-compact as a back-up for the full-sized).

Longarm - When most consider longarm weapons, one tends to think about M4s & sniper rifles, but I am recommending a quality pump-action shotgun here. Folding stock & pistol grip would make for a more compact unit when working in tight confines.

Edged Weapon - There are two obvious choices here; the samurai sword and the machete. Both are fine weapons, but the machete is a bit more compact, and the blade itself might be more forgiving of an inexperienced user when cleaving zombie heads from their necks.

I close with this prayer; "Good Lord, when the Zombie Apocalypse does indeed come, please see fit to deliver unto us Slow Moving Zombies rather than their more modern Fast Moving Brethren! AMEN!"

Deleted

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post

Edged Weapon - There are two obvious choices here; the samurai sword and the machete. Both are fine weapons, but the machete is a bit more compact, and the blade itself might be more forgiving of an inexperienced user when cleaving zombie heads from their necks.

I close with this prayer; "Good Lord, when the Zombie Apocalypse does indeed come, please see fit to deliver unto us Slow Moving Zombies rather than their more modern Fast Moving Brethren! AMEN!"
    I agree, for an inexperienced practitioner a machete is more forgiving, you can just swing and club and hope for the best, a katana in the hands of the same person would probably be less effective and has a high chance of breaking.

but a katana in the hands of an experienecd practitioner . . . few zombies will survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I agree, for an inexperienced practitioner a machete is more forgiving, you can just swing and club and hope for the best, a katana in the hands of the same person would probably be less effective and has a high chance of breaking.

but a katana in the hands of an experienecd practitioner . . . few zombies will survive!
    A properly made katana won't break, even if you bang it against a rock. My wakizashi is made of tank armor. You could smash that thing as hard as you want and it won't so much as dent it. I do agree though, machete > katana for most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    Hahaha, I agree! We're screwed if they turn out to be runners, or god forbid projectile vomiters.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bag of marbles.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Any reason you chose a Steyr over a Barrett? They both weigh a ton (I hated trying to sniper crawl into a hide sight with a Barrett), but at least the Barrett has a Magazine. The Steyr has no magazine, so each round has to be individually loaded by hand, lol. Seems kind of risky to do when facing more than one zombie, and virtually impossible to do while on the run (you really need to stop and set the thing down because it's unlikely you can hold it with one hand, work the bolt with the other hand, and some how load a round at the same time -- the weight and mechanics would make this very difficult). Ammo is super rare, and I've heard people say it costs $30.00 just to fire a single high-precision round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Any reason you chose a Steyr over a Barrett? They both weigh a ton (I hated trying to sniper crawl into a hide sight with a Barrett), but at least the Barrett has a Magazine. The Steyr has no magazine, so each round has to be individually loaded by hand, lol. Seems kind of risky to do when facing more than one zombie, and virtually impossible to do while on the run (you really need to stop and set the thing down because it's unlikely you can hold it with one hand, work the bolt with the other hand, and some how load a round at the same time -- the weight and mechanics would make this very difficult). Ammo is super rare, and I've heard people say it costs $30.00 just to fire a single high-precision round.
    It's very difficult and maybe even impossible to get the Barrett here. I do own the Steyr HS, it's incredibly accurate and I think it would be awesome fun to shoot zombies with, but ultimately it would be impractical because of its weight, size and rarity of the round. I don't have many, no more than 200.

I'd go for a shotgun anyway. Benelli M3 most probably would be the one I'd take out. Shotgun shells are very common here would be easily accessible in the countryside here because they don't need to be locked up, so the chances of finding those laying around are a lot higher than rifle rounds, let alone the right caliber.'
    Plus I have nearly 10,000 shells I keep for sport shooting that I buy in bulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It's very difficult and maybe even impossible to get the Barrett here. I do own the Steyr HS, it's incredibly accurate and I think it would be awesome fun to shoot zombies with, but ultimately it would be impractical because of its weight, size and rarity of the round. I don't have many, no more than 200.

I'd go for a shotgun anyway. Benelli M3 most probably would be the one I'd take out. Shotgun shells are very common here would be easily accessible in the countryside here because they don't need to be locked up, so the chances of finding those laying around are a lot higher than rifle rounds, let alone the right caliber.'
    Plus I have nearly 10,000 shells I keep for sport shooting that I buy in bulk.
    I'd get my hands on an AK47, because those things never break, no matter what you do to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    We know the movie isn't the best... But dat saber!

Cut a bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I'd get my hands on an AK47, because those things never break, no matter what you do to them.
    Its not legal to have a automatic one though, but that dosnt matter much.
    If you go all auto on the zomblez you will miss more than you want and ammo wont be everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    My trusted Saiga 12. Based on AK47 which equals easy to operate and maintain, reliable and deadly.

I also have a scope for it, but was cba to attach it.
    Last edited by Darkis; 2012-09-06 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by internetheroxD View Post
    Its not legal to have a automatic one though, but that dosnt matter much.
    If you go all auto on the zomblez you will miss more than you want and ammo wont be everywhere.
    I don't think having an automatic weapon will be at the top of the list of the police's priorities if there is a zombie apocalypse going on. But then you don't really want to run out of ammo after not even 5 seconds.

Well if it's stuff I have access to...

An ornamental Katana and Tanto. And Kwan Dao. Then a kitchen knife as well.

I'm boned if a zombie apocalypse actually happens, aren't I.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You'd dual-wield... your keyboard and mouse?
    K90 is robust enough...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    A properly made katana won't break, even if you bang it against a rock. My wakizashi is made of tank armor. You could smash that thing as hard as you want and it won't so much as dent it. I do agree though, machete > katana for most people.
    As strong as a well made katana is, they tend to be weak laterally, so if you for some reason swung it sideways on against a rock, you might well break it, its the reason sai were such good sword breakers, trap and twist =D

like wise i'd keep a katana at my side, but i'd probably keep the naginata in hand, same blade but 4-5 feet further away, stops getting potentially life threatening zombie gore all over me =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as I'm currently packing to go to university, I have this box of stuff in my room. Includes 6 knives including 1 sharp one, 5 forks, a pen knife, 4 mugs to smash over their heads and a bunch of plates/bowls. And a toothbrush I can shove up their noses and turn on and watch their faces melt. That's obviously what would happen.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.