[TV] Something that doesn't make sense to me about True Blood?

If Jessica's hymen grows back daily, how come Eric Northman's long hair doesn't grow back every day after he got a haircut?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why didn't Bill Compton's ear piercing grow back? Surely he didn't wear a diamond stud in his left earlobe when he was turned at the end of the Civil War...

Deleted
    Lol, haven't thought about that before xD

No idea, let's just assume he bought some L'Oreal fiction made shampoo that nullifies the effect! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Why didn't Bill Compton's ear piercing grow back? Surely he didn't wear a diamond stud in his left earlobe when he was turned at the end of the Civil War...
    Bill Compton has his ear pierced? I just finished season 2 on HBOGO, and hadn't noticed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cutting hair isn't creating a wound that could necessitate healing. Popping a cherry is sort of creating a wound... lol

I guess we could just say cutting hair doesn't cause blood loss. The other does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersovic View Post
    Bill Compton has his ear pierced? I just finished season 2 on HBOGO, and hadn't noticed lol.
    The only time you see him wearing an earring is in his flashbacks to the London punk scene of the 1980s. But throughout the rest of the series, you can see the hole in his ear any time there's a close-up.

I catch a lot of inconsistencies in the series, but I ignore them for the most part because I like it.

The biggest thing that irked me is how quick a 2000 yo vampire burst into flames in the sunlight, yet a season or two later, a 3000 yo vamp laid out in the sun for like 20 minutes and still didn't die. The older they get, the more UV-sensitive they supposedly are... meh, w/e.

If a human male drinks a whole 2dram vial of V, he ends up with a severe priapism and has to seek medical help in having it drained. However, if he sucks down 4 oz. of vampire blood directly from a vampire's wrist for the purposes of rapid healing, he doesn't get the druggie effect and doesn't get a boner?
    Last edited by Slummish; 2012-09-06 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    The only time you see him wearing an earring is in his flashbacks to the London punk scene of the 1980s. But throughout the rest of the series, you can see the hole in his ear any time there's a close-up.

I catch a lot of inconsistencies in the series, but I ignore them for the most part because I like it.

The biggest thing that irked me is how quick a 2000 yo vampire burst into flames in the sunlight, yet a season or two later, a 3000 yo vamp laid out in the sun for like 20 minutes and still didn't die. The older they get, the more UV-sensitive they supposedly are... meh, w/e.

If a human male drinks a whole 2dram vial of V, he ends up with a severe priapism and has to seek medical help in having it drained. However, if he sucks down 4 oz. of vampire blood directly from a vampire's wrist for the purposes of rapid healing, he doesn't get the druggie effect and doesn't get a boner?
    Well, the "3000 year old vampire" had fairy blood before so it made him temporarily immune to sunlight and just started wearing off. Eric went swimming in the sun too after draining the fairy godmother:P So there's no inconsistency there. As for the healing, I guess it just works that way, if you're hurt, it heals you and doesn't cause you to get high but if you're previously healthy already, it does.

The only thing that doesn't make sense is the hole in the ear not healing if he didnt have it before. But I never noticed it so it might just be a minor detail that they overlooked or didnt bother to fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because vampires regenerate INJURIES really fast, a hair cut is not an injury (unless it's really bad....) so the regeneration doesn't effect it.

As for the V thing Ita is right, the healing effect of the V comes from it boosting your body into overdrive to fix itself, if you have no injury you still gain the overdrive effect, but you're already at normal, so it makes you rreeaall fucking high.

As for the Earring hole... my theory would be bill still has the hole because at weekends he does out dressed as a llaaddyyy complete with diamond earings.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

That's simply because Stephen Moyer's ears are pierced and they didn't take the time to cover it up. That's less of an inconsistency and more of a slip up by the make up/cgi department. I never noticed it myself until you mentioned it, next season I'm sure I wont be able to NOT notice it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    As for the Earring hole... my theory would be bill still has the hole because at weekends he does out dressed as a llaaddyyy complete with diamond earings.
    My reasoning would be that if it was pierced with silver, but I'm not a junkie on the rules of the trueblood world, and they've at least once cheekily contradicted the setting the books presented.

Although, if Bill's ears could be pierced with silver post-mortem, then Jessica's issue could be resolved as well.