Deleted

Glyph of shadowbolt

The minor glyph of shadow bolt does not seem to work, shouldnt it split the bolt into 3 smaller attacks ? it doesnt on mine, ist still the old one shot at the target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's deactivated at the moment, it's known to cause problems when changing specs (i.E. Shadow Bolt not becoming Malefic Grasp).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterc View Post
    The minor glyph of shadow bolt does not seem to work, shouldnt it split the bolt into 3 smaller attacks ? it doesnt on mine, ist still the old one shot at the target.
    Is it the animation, or the combatlogging? They may have changed how it deals damage as when it was splitting into 3 attacks it was giving a very slightly increased chance of proccing Molten Core, making it a DPS increase that is not intended for a cosmetic glyph.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Is it the animation, or the combatlogging? They may have changed how it deals damage as when it was splitting into 3 attacks it was giving a very slightly increased chance of proccing Molten Core, making it a DPS increase that is not intended for a cosmetic glyph.
    Ive tried it, both with and without the glyph, no difference in the appearence of the spell

Well the original Glyphed Shadowbolts were reduced in size dramatically for 5.0, so maybe they were reduced in size again, to a point where it's completely unnoticeable

Still works fine for me on EU
    Try a lot of relogs swapping of the glyph and swapping of specs and hopefully it will come back for you.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Molten core afaik in MOP its proced by wild imps, shadowflame thicks or Chaos wave

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Molten core afaik in MOP its proced by wild imps, shadowflame thicks or Chaos wave
    It is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=122351

The 3 attacks used to be able to crit individually in earlier beta builds. That was the only direct dps increase it was providing. However it still provides an indirect increase because each cast with the glyph has 3 chances to proc "on hit" stuff. So a trinket that stacks on hit will get 3 stacks with each cast of shadow bolt. Which also means 3 chances at Demonic fury
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-09-06 at 04:54 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

works fine for me on live. I play in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is http://www.wowhead.com/spell=122351

The 3 attacks used to be able to crit individually in earlier beta builds. That was the only direct dps increase it was providing. However it still provides an indirect increase because each cast with the glyph has 3 chances to proc "on hit" stuff. So a trinket that stacks on hit will get 3 stacks with each cast of shadow bolt. Which also means 3 chances at Demonic fury
    That has nothing to do with Molten core because Molten core its proced by wild imps and SF/CW unless again the tooltip isnt saying everything.
    "When Shadowflame or a Wild Imp deals damage you have an 8% chance to trigger Molten Core."

Also if you have the SB glyph and use it doesnt proc 3x on for example the Spine trinket, dunno about others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    My bad, think an old build it was Shadow Bolt's hitting a Shadowflamed target rather than Shadowflame ticks themselves.

Deleted
    Solved, a switch between two specs, and it started working, I love this glyph though its only cosmetic

Quote Originally Posted by Walterc View Post
    Solved, a switch between two specs, and it started working, I love this glyph though its only cosmetic
    its NOT only cosmetic.