Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a new Keyboard

So yeah my last keyboard just died and i'm in the market for a new gaming one. I have about £50 to spend, and one of the requirements is that it has green back lit keys to match my my case leds.

So does anyone have any suggestions?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Green backlighting is a little uncommon. Although it may be hard to find and you'd be stuck with the game branding on it, Logitech made a CoD:MWF3 G105 that should fit the bill. It's on sale here because they're probably trying to get rid of it, but that seems like a good opportunity to me.

The only other keyboards I can think of are the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (earlier models were lit in blue) and Logitech G510 & G19 (the G110 only has red/blue lighting), but I'm pretty sure they're all a fair bit more expensive than you're looking to spend. I can't say I'd recommend buying those Logitech boards either. They aren't bad or anything, but over $100 for a rubber dome board just isn't worth it. You could probably find a different Razer keyboard (Lycosa or Anansi) for that price, but I'm not sure whether everything they make has switched over to green lighting or it was just the BlackWidow and Naga. Their site still shows them with blue backlighting.

The Mionix Zibal Z60 has green keys. And Cherry MX Black mechanical switches. Unfortunately it is £120. However, I cannot recommend it highly enough.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=KB-002-MI
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...x%20Zibal%2060
    http://www.amazon.com/Mionix-Zibal-6...words=zibal+60

Thanks guys i saw the CoD Keyboard, i did like the colour of the green. But i was worried that it might be a bit cheap and cheerful and break.

Maybe a keyboard that i can change the colour of the back light, that has RBG control.

Is a lack of backlighting a deal-breaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is a lack of backlighting a deal-breaker?
    I play in the dark a lot and would be nice to see the keys, im useless at touch typing.

I found this but i need opinions?

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v7keyboard.htm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I play in the dark a lot and would be nice to see the keys, im useless at touch typing.

I found this but i need opinions?

http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/v7keyboard.htm
    the paint wears off the keys in a few months and non uniform lighting

basically if you want to have custom, in your case green LEDs, you may have to spend more than you want, Zybal and Ducky both make high quality mech keyboards with green LEDs

and there is of course razer

I guess i better save up, its my bday soonish. So might just wait, i just hate this basic keyboard im using. Cant even play FPS properly.

Ducky's DK9008S has MX Blacks and green backlighting, it is 140 dollars in the USA if you can get hold of it.

The Mionix Zibal Z60 is the one i want just have to save up

If you look around hard enough you might be able to get a Logitech G510 for $80-$100

You could also get one of Logitechs keyboards...you can set the background colour to what you want on most of them. The G19 is the best one if you ask me, but also the most expensive

Thanks guys you have given me so much to think about.

Deleted
    G19 if you want to change the colors, I am typing this on a G19.

But I kinda wish I had a mech keyboard now like a friend of mine who has a Razer....

Deleted
    I recently purchased a Razer Anansi, around £80. Totally worth it, can't believe I didn't get it sooner!
    Best keyboard I have ever owned. The 8 keys on the bottom are extremely useful.

Also, you can change the backlight colour to whatever you want.

Could also go for a Corsair K90 if macro buttons and backlighting is important. I have a K60 and I love it since both keyboards are mechanical and the quality in the build is high.

Deleted
    I find it somewhat disturbing to see people suggesting rubber-dome/membrane keyboards that cost $80-120. Spending more than even $50 on a membrane keyboard is simply put a waste. There are keyboards with built-in displays and if that's an absolute must-have I guess spending $80 is justified.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X4 has all the features a gamer seeks, has good reputation and comes well recommended from a lot of reviewers and users. It is hands down one of the better membrane choices regardless of price. I'd also consider the G110 from Logitech.

Short of that, you should really look into a mechanical keyboard. The CM Storm QuickFire series goes for around $80 and are all extremely good for the price. They do lack the backlightning though and are all fairly slimmed down in terms of extra features - but the typing and gaming experience on these keys is just superb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    I find it somewhat disturbing to see people suggesting rubber-dome/membrane keyboards that cost $80-120. Spending more than even $50 on a membrane keyboard is simply put a waste. There are keyboards with built-in displays and if that's an absolute must-have I guess spending $80 is justified.

The Microsoft Sidewinder X4 has all the features a gamer seeks, has good reputation and comes well recommended from a lot of reviewers and users. It is hands down one of the better membrane choices regardless of price. I'd also consider the G110 from Logitech.

Short of that, you should really look into a mechanical keyboard. The CM Storm QuickFire series goes for around $80 and are all extremely good for the price. They do lack the backlightning though and are all fairly slimmed down in terms of extra features - but the typing and gaming experience on these keys is just superb.
    The screen is awesome, period.

Watched series on it while gaming.

Corsair K60 or K90

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    The screen is awesome, period.

Watched series on it while gaming.
    you can do that with razer keyboards that have the switchblade UI, but the accessories should not be the main reason you buy a specific keyboard, especially an overpriced membrane, if it was the difference between say a filco and a filco with a screen, then the screen makes a difference, but you have to remember that a keyboard needs to be a keyboard first, it can have shiny bells and whistles later