heres my take on my GW2 experience so far. obvioulsy a lot of it is subjective and people may see things differently.
- good fun PVE and PVP
- great gfx
- living environment, wolves killing boars etc
- awesome underwater, it looks and feels amazing
- fun combat mechanics, feels a lot more "3d" than a typical mmo with all the dodging and combat manouvers
- exploration. ive never played an MMO where you go over a hill say or come out a forrest and whole new vista unfolds before you. just incredible.
- no subscription
- race choice is a bit limited. i dont like the rat people, chars imo failry ugly, norn are just big dumb humans, sylvari are just too planty for me. humans only decent looking race.
- needs more evil and darkness. my thief just looks and sounds so squeeky clean.
- WvWvW feels a bit zergy but id guess thats more down to people not having it worked out yet.
therefore id say the pros massively outweigh the cons. im ignoring bugs etc as ive not had many and it is a new game.