Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Is FFX worth playing?

I have played XIII and XIII-2 and 7 recently and enjoyed the hell out of all of them. should I play ten next? and is x-2 worth playing after ive heard a lot of negativity about that one but ive heard the first one is great

Well thanks for all the replies so far! ima prolly pick up FFX idk about X-2 yet lol

Note: Please keep all FF game opinions out of the thread we all have our personal favorites
    Last edited by Boxtroll55; 2012-09-09 at 04:07 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    X-2 is... Different from the usual FF game, but still a great game. And FFX is a *really* great game.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    x-2 = utter shit in my opinion
    x= one of the best final fantasies

FFX is great and one of the best in the series. Go into X-2 with an open mind and dont expect too much and you will enjoy it aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of the ones you haven't played I'd recommend X, along with III, IV, VI and VIII.

I also personally suggest you avoid all contact with X-2.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

X is and always will be one of my favorites. X-2 wasn't terrible I liked it.

ffx is one of the best games i have ever played. x-2 sucks balls.

Deleted
    FFX definitely well worth playing. You really should enjoy it even though its slightly dated it still looks and plays amazing.

X-2 is... different. It's worth playing and it is fun but its not like most other final fantasies.

thanks for all the replies. ya it sounds like im going to avoid X-2 unless i really enjoy the first one lol

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I highly recommend playing X. I'll let you decide on X-2.

X is well up there, 4th best in the series for me. Kinda the last great final fantasy before they started going down hill.

10 Is incredible imo. 10-2 Is quite a bit different, (it's very girly) but it has very solid mechanics, and purely from a battle system standpoint, 10-2 is one of my favorites. It also has some of the best super bosses in the entire franchise.

I would only recommend 10-2 if you have patience. The story is pretty slow, (and honestly bad) in the first 2 chapters. But things pick up a lot, and it starts to feel a little more like a typical final fantasy in chapters 3 and 5. Chapter 4 doesn't count, since it's more of a mini chapter. If you do play 10-2, I would recommend using some form of guide, as it has more content that can be missed than any other final fantasy ever.

If you liked 7, you should also try 9 and 8.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    FFX is awesome. If you're going in spoiler free, the story is great and keeps you wanting more.

FF X-2 is a completely different game from FFX. There was a lot of negativity about it, and a lot of it was warranted, but if you can find it for $20 or so it's well worth checking out. I enjoyed the throw back to job system, but the story was pretty weak compared to X. I still enjoyed playing through it quite a bit, and Paine is awesome. It's sort of one of those Final Fantasy things that probably would have done a lot better if the FF was left off the title, like the CG movie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    thanks for all the replies. ya it sounds like im going to avoid X-2 unless i really enjoy the first one lol
    Don't judge X-2 by X. They are completely different games (even more different than XIII and XIII-2). It's almost like you're playing a complete different series. You will enjoy X that's a guarentee though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxtroll55 View Post
    Don't judge your decision to play X-2 based on how much you enjoyed X. The two games are completely different. Only a few characters return as major characters. The story is bland, and felt really forced. The plot device is stupid. Go here to continue the main story, but to get anything done, you have to pick random places on the map to explore, and there's a chance you're terribly underleveled for those places. Even if you enjoy the combat system (I didn't), it's not worth the time. Not to mention getting rid of the Sphere Grid (best leveling system in any FF game), and butchering Blitzball to nothing.

All that being said, yes, play FFX like your life depends on it.

Even if you REALLY enjoy FF10, avoid X-2. X-2 is like the powerpuff girls of Final Fantasies, the story is awful, and having multiple endings in a Final Fantasy in the way presented in x-2 is blasphemous.

Absolutely, FFX is my favorite in the entire series. Everything about it drew me in, the music, characters, direction of the story, everything. FFX-2 is an acquired taste, but I still enjoyed it. It was clearly a different type of Final Fantasy, but since I loved X so much, X-2 was interesting to me just because I wanted to see where the story went. The battle system in X-2 is very unique and has a lot of different options, and it was pretty cool seeing some of the characters from FFX a few years later in the story.

Even though X-2 got a lot of negativity i really enjoyed it. But I guess that I will fall under the category fanboy. Really looking forward to Lightnings Return aka 13-3!
    Kamatari - Endy - Liita

10+ Year Old Account
    X-2 combat and overall game design works well, the world is lush and great to run about, but.. it's cheesy as balls; hence the crap it gets, worth a play though.

X is one of my most favorite Final fantasy's along with VIII and IX, Great story line first final fantasy to contain voice acting and the sphere grid is a nice system to develop your characters. I have had a sudden urge to play it again too bad it's not on the PSN store I have 7,8 and 9 for my PSP but X is getting re released in HD for ps3 and Vita if i remember correctly but all in all would high recommend playing it