Thread: Bank Robbery

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Bank Robbery

Wow, my friend just got bank robbed.

He was the only teller at the bank he works at this morning, a man came in handed him a note, took his money and walked out.

Police are looking for him now, but wow that's kinda crazy.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Best way to rob a bank now is with notes lol. Kinda sad but it gets u the least amount of jail if you get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he had no weapon or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by muxx View Post
    Best way to rob a bank now is with notes lol. Kinda sad but it gets u the least amount of jail if you get caught.
    Yeah I know this guy pulled almost a text book good bank robbery, note baseball cap and sunglasses, also a big bandage on his face that could have been fake to take off after he left, only thing better would have been 2 layers of clothing to take off after so his appearance could change.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    So he had no weapon or anything?
    nope, just handed a teller ( my friend), and he gave him the money.

Tellers are trained not to resist if somebody robs the bank.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

Yea, thats the best way to do it tbh - just remember to give them the money with the paint capsule in it too

10+ Year Old Account
    That is dumb. If somebody hands me a note to rob a bank, but doesn't have a gun, I would just laugh and say nice try. I suppose it could be concealed, but then what is the point?
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

How much did your friend give him?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Holy shit, really? The tellers don't even have to verify they have a weapon?

What if some deaf/mute guy walks in and hands a note asking for money unaware that what he's doing is a crime?

And why the hell doesn't this bank in question have a plate of 3 cm Lexan between them and the patrons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    That is dumb. If somebody hands me a note to rob a bank, but doesn't have a gun, I would just laugh and say nice try. I suppose it could be concealed, but then what is the point?
    Bank robbery is the crime with the highest chance of getting caught, so there is no point in it anyway. I know a guy who did it (though you would not believe it looking at him now). As an old wise poet said: Robbing a bank is nothing compared to founding a bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

Well I would think trained if they have a weapon. Without one I would said "f*** you".

I believe the point is, if it is concealed, you're about to be a lot more dead than you were a few minutes ago.

Deleted
    how do you know he does not have any kind of weapon equipped? A knife or something.

I am sure the bank has insurance that will cover the loss anyway. Let the police deal with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I am sure the bank has insurance that will cover the loss anyway. Let the police deal with it...
    They do, of course, so the teller is probably just fine. Being a hero isn't necessarily the best move to make. If he had no obvious weapon, though, I'd probably still have said no.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    how do you know he does not have any kind of weapon equipped? A knife or something.
    To be honest, if they have a weapon, but are afraid to show incase they get caught with a longer jail time, then the odds are their going to be even less likely to use it

Now if someone runs in with a gun or a replica and I couldnt decide if it was or wasn't real, and screaming at me, then I'd be handing over the cash
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Holy shit, really? The tellers don't even have to verify they have a weapon?

What if some deaf/mute guy walks in and hands a note asking for money unaware that what he's doing is a crime?

And why the hell doesn't this bank in question have a plate of 3 cm Lexan between them and the patrons?
    lol really I don't think the deaf/mute guy's note would say something like "hand me all of you money or else". That and why would the teller need to establish a threat, if the guy pulls out the gun he knows if he gets caught he is going to prison for a long time. Armed robbery and robbery are not the same thing. If he pulls out the gun he might as well shoot him.

Your friend handled it correctly. Regardless of if the guy showed his gun or not, no job at any wage is worth endangerment of self and coworkers. Bank is insured, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose it could be concealed, but then what is the point?
    If you were going to rob a bank, would you walk in twirling your gun(s) or keep it in a pocket out of sight? Granted criminals are usually fairly stupid, but they're not typically that stupid.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Those of you puffing out your chest and claiming you wouldn't hand over the money until a verifiable weapon was shown are just full of hot air. NONE of you have been in that situation and NONE of you know what you would or would not do in that situation.

Frankly, just hand over the money - perhaps with a nod and a quiet "well done". I mean, wtf do you care? If you're jealous, do it yourself of find another line of crime to engage in. But don't just throw out false bravado.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    lol really I don't think the deaf/mute guy's note would say something like "hand me all of you money or else". That and why would the teller need to establish a threat, if the guy pulls out the gun he knows if he gets caught he is going to prison for a long time. Armed robbery and robbery are not the same thing. If he pulls out the gun he might as well shoot him.
    LEXAN!

Why didn't this bank have it?!