Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    FFS can they nerf hunters into the ground anymore.. dumb fucks
    They buffed explosive shot at least.. lol

  2. #22
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    90
    Can they nerf hunters anymore.. exactly what bloody game are they playing...

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Fixup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Great Malvern, Worcestershire. England.
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Blood DK's were doing near 55k+ as of 5.0.4, clearly needed a buff to DS.
    YEah DS was actually hitting quite low, and the high dps seems to be coming from HS and BB, and a buggy vengeance

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    Can they nerf hunters anymore.. exactly what bloody game are they playing...
    With every build I sit here and hope the sims are as inaccurate for hunters as people have said. Maybe that will justify these nerfs
    ~There's only two good parts in a dubstep song. The first is when it's not wubbing, the second is when it ends.~

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixup View Post
    YEah DS was actually hitting quite low, and the high dps seems to be coming from HS and BB, and a buggy vengeance
    ^^ pre patch death strike was a spam spell, hit for 80 - 90k in my crap gear, now it has a stacking mechanic (More damage at higher stacks) i do about 20k crit damage death strikes with full stacks.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-09-06 at 07:25 PM.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    Can they nerf hunters anymore.. exactly what bloody game are they playing...
    I'm not quite sure this is a nerf though, I'd say it's just relocation of the damage. They want them to do more direct damage instead of damage on dots, meaning it was probably not bursty enough in PvP.

  7. #27
    Dreadlord Ashe-Arathor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    I'm the pillow you sleep on at night.
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    FFS can they nerf hunters into the ground anymore.. dumb fucks
    I feel the exact same way.
    At the moment hunters feel broken and underpowered compared to all other classes.

    During Dragon Soul I was usually always at the top of the meters on nearly every fight, just below our rogues with legendary daggers.
    Now I scratch the bottom alongside balance druids, with a huge difference in DPS between the top and bottom players.

    While everything is tuned to 90 now, I doubt anything is going to change at 90 if the current state of some things don't get buffed.
    Bursting 100k DPS at the start of a fight since Beast Mastery has so many freaking cooldowns to pop now, is nice and fancy, it doesn't matter if we top out at 40k~ish during stable non-movement fights. (Obviously, tweak the numbers to what it would compare to at level 90)

    That's just plain wrong. While there always has to be someone at the bottom of the meter, why don't we ever see mages at the bottom of the meter? Oh right, master-class, of course.

    I've been staring blindly at the sims for a good week now and after raiding 2-3 times, I can safely say the current 5.0.4 sims looks to be rather accurate. Me and a good balance druid friends were mindblown how shit we are in raids now, barely bringing good enough DPS and not even enough utility to be worth the hassle.
    Last edited by Ashe-Arathor; 2012-09-06 at 07:29 PM.
    "I CAN USE MYSELF AS A BLOCK" - Mike B aka Fony, Platforming Master

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    I feel the exact same way.
    At the moment hunters feel broken and underpowered compared to all other classes.

    While everything is tuned to 90 now, I doubt anything is going to change at 90 if the current state of some things don't get buffed.
    Bursting 100k DPS at the start of a fight since Beast Mastery has so many freaking cooldowns to pop now, is nice and fancy, it doesn't matter if we top out at 40k~ish during stable non-movement fights. (Obviously, tweak the numbers to what it would compare to at level 90)
    What I dont understand at least is why they cant have the hunter specs balanced. The difference between BM and MM on the sims is huge. Add to that the fact that MM is the least mobile of the 3 specs and with less aoe it should be higher on a patchwerk fight sim. I keep waiting to see some MM buffs but all SV and MM get are "more damage from this, less from that." What I would really like is for them to reduce readiness CD to 3 min for MM back to the way it was. Its so annoying to have to wait 1 or 2 min on RF because the cd doesnt match up with readiness. It still wont refresh stampede so why not? Probably because the devs dont play hunter and have no imagination(which is also a reason why we cant have the option to not use our pet).

  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Florida. United States of America
    Posts
    117
    The HS nerf is interesting. As a blood DK I am doing a lot of damage with Blood Boil, matter of fact I think BB does a little too much damage. If I have my dancing weapon out and blood boil 3 or 4 times, I can kill lower geared players in BG's rather easily.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    The sacrifice changes really want me to play my Warlock again! I am not a huge fan of pet classes, and maybe this is what the class needed in order to get like-minded players to play the class.
    The grimmore change is acually live now, also, this is what has made me reroll. I like the warlock class, but i cannot be bothered to micro manage a pet in raids, their just a pain.

    Loved shadowbolt spamming mages from TBC, this is just as good.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    I feel the exact same way.
    At the moment hunters feel broken and underpowered compared to all other classes.

    During Dragon Soul I was usually always at the top of the meters on nearly every fight, just below our rogues with legendary daggers.
    Now I scratch the bottom alongside balance druids, with a huge difference in DPS between the top and bottom players.

    While everything is tuned to 90 now, I doubt anything is going to change at 90 if the current state of some things don't get buffed.
    Bursting 100k DPS at the start of a fight since Beast Mastery has so many freaking cooldowns to pop now, is nice and fancy, it doesn't matter if we top out at 40k~ish during stable non-movement fights. (Obviously, tweak the numbers to what it would compare to at level 90)

    That's just plain wrong. While there always has to be someone at the bottom of the meter, why don't we ever see mages at the bottom of the meter? Oh right, master-class, of course.

    I've been staring blindly at the sims for a good week now and after raiding 2-3 times, I can safely say the current 5.0.4 sims looks to be rather accurate. Me and a good balance druid friends were mindblown how shit we are in raids now, barely bringing good enough DPS and not even enough utility to be worth the hassle.
    Go check simulationcraft. Things won't change a lot. Hunters shadow priests and balance druids will be sharing the bottom cut at lvl90

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Wow, 60 min Sacrifice, they really don't wanna make us use our minions.
    How do people come to these conclusions?

    They gave warlocks an option, that is all.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  13. #33
    Explosive Shot: 20.9%
    Serpent Sting: 7%
    Black Arrow: 7.8%
    Total from those = 35.7% of your damage

    Explosive Shot * 120% = 25.08%
    Serpent Sting * 75% = 5.25%
    Black Arrow * 76% = 5.928%
    Total from those = 36.258%

    So if anything it's a slight buff to Survival, nothing much. But it puts more of your damage in your move you cast repeatedly vs your passive dots.

  14. #34
    I welcome this GoS change for locks. So far petless >>>>> with pet in both pvp (destro, DA) or pve (affli, destro) imo
    Locks back for being a good class?

  15. #35
    So their way of balancing hunter specs is by nerfing survival? Given we have less than 3 weeks I don't see any other spec besides BM being viable for raiding.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 05:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Haakkon View Post
    Explosive Shot: 20.9%
    Serpent Sting: 7%
    Black Arrow: 7.8%
    Total from those = 35.7% of your damage

    Explosive Shot * 120% = 25.08%
    Serpent Sting * 75% = 5.25%
    Black Arrow * 76% = 5.928%
    Total from those = 36.258%

    So if anything it's a slight buff to Survival, nothing much. But it puts more of your damage in your move you cast repeatedly vs your passive dots.
    Even if this data was 100% accurate survival does not compare to BM on encounters single target. Survival tears BM apart in aoe, but the improved serpent sting nerf may help close that gap. Any viable player who tests numbers and pays attention to what is doing what will be BM.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Blood DK's were doing near 55k+ as of 5.0.4, clearly needed a buff to DS.
    Because what happens to level 90's on beta has an immediate and direct implication on live servers.

  17. #37
    Stood in the Fire rethea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Org
    Posts
    422
    I'm glad they made a pet that was only available in vanilla and owned by like .0001% of the playing population available for battles...

  18. #38
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    6
    Throw us hunter's a damn bone blizz!

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Wow, 60 min Sacrifice, they really don't wanna make us use our minions.
    What's this for stupid comment? How is a 20 min sacrifice helping anyone to use more pets? It just makes the talent annoying, proper aff and destro locks are still gonna sacrifice even if the duration is 5 minutes because it's more damage. It's a convenience change, if you don't want to sac your pets well, be my guest, but don't tell saccing locks they have to sit on an annoying short duration so you feel more entitled to not use sacrifice, or whatever your argument is behind that comment.

    I for one was extremely happy tonight to notice this sacrifice change was already live. The 20 minutes was pissing me off straight away.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 12:55 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Krekentaur View Post
    Because what happens to level 90's on beta has an immediate and direct implication on live servers.
    Actually these changes appear to be live on, well, live. :P

  20. #40
    Okay so it has Lurky's icon and the name of his egg this is rather odd. I thought we were trying to avoid duplicate murloc kid colours? I don't mind if it's obvious to tell them apart like with Murky (?) and the Gladiator blue murloc but if it was Lurky under a different name that'd erk me a bit. More so after all the faffery I went through and paid extra to get him :/
    Last edited by Ariamodasu; 2012-09-06 at 10:59 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •