Thread: [WW] ClcInfo

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

[WW] ClcInfo

Edit : For your new and improved clcInfo Monk, see : http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/clcinfo_monk (curtesy of Geminior)
    This thread can still be used for support and questions / help request.

========================================
    DEPRECATED STUFF
    ========================================

Hey,

So I've tried to put together a first attempt at creating a Windwalker Monk rotation file for the "famous" Ret Paladin addon, ClcInfo. It's by no means perfect (especially the "next ability" part, since it's mostly guesses and procs can mess up the calculations pretty quickly) but still, I find it's actually not too shabby.

It's based for the most part on the Ret files, so I really want to thank Burghy (from the EJ Paladin Forums) for writing them first

There are certainly some perfectible parts, and if you find some don't hesitate to give me feedback (although I can't guarantee it's gonna be "fixable"). I'm most definitely no expert on WW priorities, I based my work on Mihir's "Windwalker PvE Guide" to the best of my abilities. If someone thinks he can do it better (cause I'm really kind of an amateur in this stuff), please be my guest and go ahead (and if you want to use some of "my" code, again don't hesitate).

I'm not really looking to start a huge debate here, whether or not the class requires such an addon. It most certainly doesn't, nevertheless some people like having "help" regarding their rotation and focusing more on avoiding environmental damage or whatsoever or learning the basics. If you don't want to use such an addon, please don't.

========================
    How to Install :

1. Download and install the latest ClcInfo (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/clctracker)
    2. Download the WW Monk files from : http://depositfiles.com/files/l3orjdy96
    3. Extract this archive in your Interface/Addons/Clcinfo/data folder
    4. Log in the game
    5. In clcInfo (/clcinfo), create a new Template, remember to pick the Windwalker spec and a talent you currently have.
    6. If 5. is done right, you can now create 2 new Icons (their names don't matter, you can move/resize them freely).
    7. On the first icon's "Behavior" tab, in the code text area, type in : return IconWW1()
    7.1. Accept (right underneath the text area)
    8. On the second icon's "Behavior" tab, in the code text area, type in : IconWW2()
    8.1. Accept (right underneath the text area)
    9. ...
    10. Profit ?

Here's a screen of what it looks like : http://imgur.com/OX35Y

Happy testing, and again, if you notice something wrong, tell me so and if I can, I'll try to fix it.
    Last edited by Alviarin; 2013-02-22 at 02:22 PM.

Good work. I don't have a beta account to test the code, but it looks good.

Any chance you could post your Cooldowns code here?

Here is the complete Addon Import code (abilities usage, cooldowns, energy bar, chi). You still require the Monk files listed in the OP for it to work : http://pastebin.com/2PmzsaYC

Copy/Paste it in a new Template -> Import tab.

Hmm been playing around with it a bit and noticing that sometimes when you are sitting on 1 chi, RSK on cd, TP 3 stacks with 15 sec or so left, it shows you to cast TP (no combobreaker!) which is clearly dps loss instead of doing Jab+Blackout.
    Last edited by razorsharp; 2012-09-22 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    Hmm been playing around with it a bit and noticing that sometimes when you are sitting on 1 chi, RSK on cd, TP 3 stacks with 15 sec or so left, it shows you to cast TP (no combobreaker!) which is clearly dps loss instead of doing Jab+Blackout.
    Hmmm, I can't seem to reproduce what you're seeing :/

It should only tell you to use TP if you have enough Chi (1) and one of those situations :
    1) the buff's duration is inferior to the refresh threshold (4 secs here)
    2) you have less than 3 stacks of Tiger Power
    3) you have a combobreaker proc

Anyone else noticing this strange behaviour ?

I might just be a noob with clcinfo but I really can't get this to work at all lol, I wish I just wasn't lazy and used clcret for the past 4 years.

Deleted
    I cant download the files from depositfiles website it just says i need to subscribe and pay with my phone, perhaps the free downloads have run out? this looks interesting to learn my rotation, have you get another download link?

Finally got it to work. Didn't really care about the rotation so I changed it up a bit for my liking. Thank you

---------- Post added 2012-09-22 at 11:49 AM ----------

1 more post and I can post it

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    I cant download the files from depositfiles website it just says i need to subscribe and pay with my phone, perhaps the free downloads have run out? this looks interesting to learn my rotation, have you get another download link?
    Haha, no the download is still there, it's just an ad that you must close to get to the download page. There's a little cross (x) in the upper right corner, click on it and you'll be fine

Do you know the code to track ICD on trinkets?

Here's what I did with mine for now :

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Do you know the code to track ICD on trinkets?
    Here's the addon main wiki page, for the record : https://sites.google.com/site/clcinfowiki/code-examples

The code you're looking for is :

return IconICD(spellId, icd, alpha1, alpha2, alpha3)

• spellId: id of the buff to track (found on wowhead for example, it's not the trinket's Id, it's the proc's !!)
    • icd: duration of the internal cooldown in seconds
    • alpha1, alpha2, alpha3: alpha values of the 3 states
      • 1: ready to proc
      • 2: proc active
      • 3: proc on cooldown

Here's an example of what it could look like : return IconICD(71541, 45, 0, 1, 0.3)

How can you use addons in the beta?

Edit- Nvm. The addon button wasn't showing but when I copied my addons over it showed up.
    Last edited by BrioWoW; 2012-09-22 at 10:15 PM.

I don't want to have the time left on the TB buff on the icon, but I do want the number of procs available, along with the "how much longer on the actual buff" timer. I just can't seem to figure it out.

I can't seem to dissociate the "stacking" buff duration from displaying the stack numbers. If anyone knows how to do it, please tell us

In the meantime, I managed to create a bar, rather than an icon, to show the stack numbers :

Create a new bar with this behaviour :

local visible, texture, start, duration, enable, reversed, count = IconAuraID("HELPFUL", "player", 125195)
    count = count or 0
    local maxC = 10
    return true, nil, 0, maxC, count, nil, nil, count

or use this import string (still in a new bar):

Code:
    ^1^T^Spoint^SBOTTOMLEFT^SalertExec^S^Sups^N5^SudLabel^STigerBrew^SrelativePoint^SBOTTOMLEFT^Sskin^T^SiconBottom^N0^SiconRight^N2^St1HSize^N80^SiconLeft^N0^St2Center^N-4^St3HSize^N20^St2Color^T^N1^N1^N2^N1^N3^N1^N4^N1^t^St1Font^SArial~`Narrow^St3Aliasing^B^SbdColor^T^N1^N0^N2^N0^N3^N0^N4^N0^t^SiconAlign^Shidden^SbarColor^T^N1^F4521260802379792^f-59^N2^F5333674852807411^f-53^N3^F5192385452733042^f-53^N4^N1^t^SbarBgColor^T^N1^N0^N2^F7347048803867163^f-55^N3^F7347048803867163^f-55^N4^F6935543522787328^f-53^t^St2ThickOutline^B^SedgeSize^N8^St1Center^N0^SiconTop^N0^St1Outline^B^St3Outline^B^SbarBdBorder^SBlizzard~`Tooltip^St3Center^N0^SbdBorder^SBlizzard~`Tooltip^SbarRight^N0^SiconPadding^N1^SbarBottom^N0^St1Size^N98^SbarBg^B^SbarPadding^N2^SiconBdBg^SBlizzard~`Tooltip^SbarBdBorderColor^T^N1^N1^N2^N1^N3^N1^N4^N1^t^St2Font^SElvUI~`Alt-Font^SbdBg^SBlizzard~`Tooltip^SbarBgTexture^SElvUI~`Gloss^SiconBdBorder^SBlizzard~`Tooltip^St3Right^N2^St1Left^N2^St2HSize^N99^SiconEdgeSize^N8^Sinset^N0^St3Color^T^N1^N1^N2^N1^N3^N1^N4^N1^t^St2Aliasing^B^St1Color^T^N1^N1^N2^N1^N3^N1^N4^N1^t^St1ThickOutline^B^SbarInset^N2^St3ThickOutline^B^SiconBdBorderColor^T^N1^N1^N2^N1^N3^N1^N4^N1^t^SadvancedSkin^B^SbarLeft^N0^SiconBdColor^T^N1^N0^N2^N0^N3^N0^N4^N0^t^Sbd^b^St2Size^N115^St2Outline^B^SbarTop^N0^SbdBorderColor^T^N1^N1^N2^N1^N3^N1^N4^N1^t^St1Aliasing^B^SbarEdgeSize^N6^SbarBd^B^SbarTexture^SElvUI~`Gloss^SiconBd^B^St3Font^SElvUI~`Font^St3Size^N70^SiconInset^N0^t^SgridX^N1^Senabled^B^SrelativeTo^SUIParent^SframeLevel^N0^SsizeY^N1^SsizeX^N1^Swidth^N108^Salpha^N1^SskinSource^SSelf^Sy^N250^Sx^N761^SgridId^N0^SownColors^b^Sheight^N15^Sexec^Slocal~`visible,~`texture,~`start,~`duration,~`enable,~`reversed,~`count~`=~`IconAuraID("HELPFUL",~`"player",~`125195)~Jcount~`=~`count~`or~`0~Jlocal~`maxC~`=~`10~Jreturn~`true,~`nil,~`0,~`maxC,~`count,~`nil,~`nil,~`count^SgridY^N1^SeventExec^S^t^^

I more or less wanted it to look like Fredz.

Mmmh, maybe try without OmniCC or equivalent addons (only guessing from Fredz' screenshot with no cooldown text on abilities) ?

Don't use Omnicc. I do use ElvUI though.

I've been messing around with clcinfo and came up with this. It tracks all of my procs/icd's/cds as well as your typical monk shizz

Last edited by sethg; 2012-09-30 at 02:33 PM.

Nice !

You could also add an Icon to track your level 90 talent, depending on which talent you picked :

_, talent = GetTalentRowSelectionInfo(6)
    if talent == 16 then
    return IconSpell("Rushing Jade Wind")
    else
    return IconSpell("Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger")
    end
    (assuming no one will pick Chi Torpedo ^^)