Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Nice Review here, unbiased and all.

I thought this was a good review, unbiased and honest opinions by the player. Now I want civilized discussion, no "Oh hes to addicted to wow" crap.

Okay?

Discuss

"207 people are guild wars 2 fan boys who can't take people not liking their game." - TedsteryHD

Yeah you're not here to stir the pot or anything...
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    So he doesnt like Rift + Warhammer + Secret World <<quest>> , but WoW is the revolution ?
    Ok ...

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike how he says ANet hasn't done anything different with questing. No one ever mentions that you can complete a heart multiple ways, so if you dont want to kill X amount of harpies you can collect items, res allies, or whatever. There are always at least 3 different ways to help to complete the quest. Sometimes up to 5. I haven't seen that in an MMO before GW2.

This review was really fantastic!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    "207 people are guild wars 2 fan boys who can't take people not liking their game." - TedsteryHD

Yeah you're not here to stir the pot or anything...
    Its called having some fun, you know the typical youtube comment :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Its called having some fun, you know the typical youtube comment :P
    Classic Shmoseby.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Quote Originally Posted by Plzbegentle View Post
    So he doesnt like Rift + Warhammer + Secret World <<quest>> , but WoW is the revolution ?
    While it is an upgrade of EQ ?
    He said WoW was fantastic...in 2004. You weren't listening.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 03:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I really dislike how he says ANet hasn't done anything different with questing. No one ever mentions that you can complete a heart multiple ways, so if you dont want to kill X amount of harpies you can collect items, res allies, or whatever. There are always at least 3 different ways to help to complete the quest. Sometimes up to 5. I haven't seen that in an MMO before GW2.
    But it's not a quest bro haha. It's like saying "kill 5 boars" is different from "choose from killing 10 boars, healing 10 guys, and lifting 10 crates, or a mix and match between these three."

The only difference is that in other MMOs, when you talk to a NPC, he goes "oh kill boars bc of an infestation", "heal guys bc they are hurt from the war" and "lift crates to help the town". In Gwars, no reason is given at all. Hey I need help doing chores, get to work. Whatever you can do to fill the bar works ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    In Gwars, no reason is given at all. Hey I need help doing chores, get to work. Whatever you can do to fill the bar works ty!
    Funny how I know the reasons behind all the hearts I do then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reviews like these make me want to do one of my own. I dislike reviewers who refuse to list both pro's and con's.

Deleted
    He's right about art and sound though.(not sure on the rest) The environments are incredible. The sense of scale fascinating. My jaw dropped on more than one occasion when seeing GW's environments.

Pretty disagree with "Levelling was always boring" though. It's a lot of fun for the first few times. Advancing your characters and discovering new zones and stuff is awesome, part of the core of the RPG experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also find it funny that he doesn't mention the personal story once. Or that you can level 1-80 pvping or just crafting if you wished to. Leveling in mmos has never been this flexible, and I feel like he's making a snap judgement considering he's only played 36 hours and he's sort of bad at the game. Had he taken the time to learn to play he may have enjoyed himself a bit more. And had he dabbled in his personal story, he would have known about zhaitain, Orr, and figured out there actually IS stuff to do at 80.

I don't know about GW2 since I haven't played it but saying 'MMos just forgot that there exist different ways of doing combat, leveling or even questing' and mentioning The Secret World in the beginning of the video says to me that he's one of those people that like to lie or make things up to prove their point.

Deleted
    " removed the endgame" wtf is this guy talkin about he have played 5% of the game and he needs to play way more than that to make a good review ..
    You can never make a good review since his own opinions will be in i
    "levelling in an mmo has never been fun" It's fun for some and i really enjoy levelling in gw2 again he speaks for himself
    "Removed most of the things in mmo that people enjoy" Where does he get this from?? is he some all known person??

also in the start wherre he point out all the "bad" mmo's his OWN opinions.. this guy should just shut up.. you can't make a review without it being on how YOU think the game is..

Deleted
    He didnt play enough.I was skeptical about the repete of the first 2 zones but then there are so many new quests/things/events up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    He said WoW was fantastic...in 2004. You weren't listening.

---------- Post added 2012-09-06 at 03:01 PM ----------

But it's not a quest bro haha. It's like saying "kill 5 boars" is different from "choose from killing 10 boars, healing 10 guys, and lifting 10 crates, or a mix and match between these three."

The only difference is that in other MMOs, when you talk to a NPC, he goes "oh kill boars bc of an infestation", "heal guys bc they are hurt from the war" and "lift crates to help the town". In Gwars, no reason is given at all. Hey I need help doing chores, get to work. Whatever you can do to fill the bar works ty!
    If you slow down and pay attention you'll notice panicked NPCs running toward you, speaking to you, asking for help. No doubt you ran right past them though.

The information is there, it's just presented differently. You hear it instead of reading it to create a realness to the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its something that is done in other games just differently, I can be sent off to an 'area' to kill x collect x its just under 3 or 4 different quests all with in a very small area just because you accumulate those 3 or 4 quests in to 1 does not make it different, at least thats how i felt.

I also find it funny that he doesn't mention the personal story once. Or that you can level 1-80 pvping or just crafting if you wished to. Leveling in mmos has never been this flexible, and I feel like he's making a snap judgement considering he's only played 36 hours and he's sort of bad at the game. Had he taken the time to learn to play he may have enjoyed himself a bit more. And had he dabbled in his personal story, he would have known about zhaitain, Orr, and figured out there actually IS stuff to do at 80.
    I'd be thankful he didn't mention the personal story mine was so excruciatingly bad it ended up hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    He's right about art and sound though.(not sure on the rest) The environments are incredible. The sense of scale fascinating. My jaw dropped on more than one occasion when seeing GW's environments.

Pretty disagree with "Levelling was always boring" though. It's a lot of fun for the first few times. Advancing your characters and discovering new zones and stuff is awesome, part of the core of the RPG experience.
    Exactly what I thought, I'm playing an MMO+RPG, he pretty much says he hates the RPG part that has already been done before (stories, lvling, doing tasks, you know), and that he hates the Massive part of the MMO (group events, quests, WvWvW, which, let's be honest, coudn't be much different), well, what is left then?

Oh, and by the way, I had such a fantastic experience in vanilla wow and BC, even though I only did dungeons and lvled (only once cleared kara, never stepped into another raid back then). Saying lvling and dungeon sucks just by existing? Does that guy even knows he is talking about an RPG?
    Last edited by parcus; 2012-09-06 at 07:16 PM.

How is this unbiased? rofl