Weakauras & PowerAuras: auras disappearing from config

Hiya

Powerauras: half of config icons go blank - and then those auras no longer work
    I'm using the temp unofficial version of PowerAuras, was glad to see all my power auras were still there, but when I'm bashing the target dummies I notice some auras stop working suddenly, I check the config and about half of the icons of the spells are gone and there isn't even a square, just blank space, I can rightclick where an icon should be and configure these auras but to no avail, sometimes a /reload fixes the problem for a while. These are auras for very simple things for instance my Rune Strike Action Usable power aura is one of them, and they work before they stop working, so it's not a new-spell issue or anything like that. About half of the auras on each page does this on every toon. I guess I could wait for the 5.0 version.

Weakauras: only one icon shows up in config - auras all work (but I can't delete/edit the ones that should be)
    So I tried setting up Weakauras, but when I log back into a toon I've previously set up only one aura shows up in the config when I log back in so I'm unable to edit all but one freaking power aura, while all are showing unfortunately some were unfinished, are at a bad place or function improperly and I can't delete them. I saw this bug was reported on wowace back in dec 2011 and unreviewed , the workaround suggested on wowace to be in combat at a dummy and then load the options and reload if necessary doesn't work for me.

Anyone have an idea on how to fix either problem? Or is the key just waiting for the new official version of power auras and go aura-less for a while. I'm considering trying tellmewhen or if anyone else knows any other addons that could fill in for the moment?

I noticed that issue with weak auras as well: deleting the old version (and saved auras, after exporting them to strings) and then reinstalling and importing the auras has fixed the issue for me. That's probably just placebo effect though: the code didn't changed and if it can bug out once then it can bug out a second time. I'm sorry I can't offer any more help but at least you know you're not alone there.