Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    Deleted

It took me FIVE years to realise that the disarm icon was a hand dropping a sword...

I always thought it was some kind of axe! In fact whenever I see certain icons in a larger image I sometimes think "-That's- what the icon is?! After all these years I had it wrong?"

Anyone else had this? >.>

I've had it with a lot of stuff. Sometimes we just don't look close enough. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a bunch of icons that I have a epiphany about. Most recently the enchant scroll, didn't know it was an actual picture of a scroll.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I didn't notice the fingers in conflagrate for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe, I remember when some friend of mine said; "The crusader aura icon is a horse." And I replied; "Omfg, I have never seen that before now!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I was very shocked when I found out after many years that the icon of mage's Blink was a dwarf, specially since I noticed that shortly before dwarves had mages as a playable class.

Deleted
    I'm still having trouble with the Warrior's Recklessness icon. Seriously, what the hell does that thing represent? It's been bugging me ever since I saw it in Warcraft 3 as the Critical Strike icon. :|

10+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed that with a few icons. I know which of my icons represents which ability, but I don't really pay attention to what is in the icon itself. One that took me a while was Templar's Verdict.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread makes me laugh because I've had the same problem many times with icons lol. Up until recently, I didn't know the Crusader Aura icon was a little horse head. Countless others but I am at work and can't give you specific spells :P

I know that feel... haha

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    I'm still having trouble with the Warrior's Recklessness icon. Seriously, what the hell does that thing represent? It's been bugging me ever since I saw it in Warcraft 3 as the Critical Strike icon. :|
    It's a sword slicing a sheet of something

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    It's a guy getting cut in half by a sword (the big red thing is the sword, covered in blood).

It took me a while to realize the DK blood strike icon was a sword and the Paladin hammer of the righteous was actually a hammer.

I had the same thing with unstable affliction. For a long time I thought it was an ant or some kind of bug. Then one day I realized it's a dude screaming in pain

10+ Year Old Account
    There is this low level brown chest, trash in fact, one of those you would get during the first few levels. It was leather. I always thought it was a cape with a hood. But I found out after all those years that it was a vest.

Whirlwind is a sword swinging in an arc. Sleep with that.

Whirlwind always looked like a dreamcatcher to me lol.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Oh mai god o_o It always used to look like an ear-ring to me.

Somewhat related, but not entirely. Anyone else think that the revive pet and dismiss pet icons are switched, and Blizzard can't be assed to swap them at this point?

Dismiss pet currently looks like a ghostly cat, and revive pet appears to be a hand making a shooing motion.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I always thought it was some kind of axe! In fact whenever I see certain icons in a larger image I sometimes think "-That's- what the icon is?! After all these years I had it wrong?"

Anyone else had this? >.>
    There's still icons I don't know what they depict.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    I always thought that icon would've made more sense without that unnecessary gold ring.