Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
LastLast
  1. #441
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,448


    Always thought these were teeth.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  2. #442
    Bloodsail Admiral chemicader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniablo View Post
    All of WC3 and Early WoW I thought cleave was a parrot (the axe bit being the beak) .
    Omg with your avatar. I always thought it was a dagger and it seemed so weird... Nice thread going on here. I was really surprised by moonkin form and blink being a dwarf.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...time-with-lore 4th specs from a pure lore standpoint.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post17518830 Read / Add your ideas for new endgame formats/variables.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Razero View Post
    People cant see it, or im seeing strange things!

    However I still believe its a rogue, with a hood like Bloodfang(Not sure if its the right name, one of the early tiers)
    In a position where he kinda looks down over his arm, the right elbow up high with the arm going across his chest holding a dagger.
    You cant see his legs.. what people presume are 'legs' are the tip of the blade(left) and part of his lower torso(right), and what looks like a nose(well.. that part where the nose is on the skull) is his hand holding a dagger, as this is mirrored it looks like a nose.
    The eyes on this 'mask' people keep seeing is actually the part of the hood where the rogues face would be.
    That first white part is the rogue and the purple pinkish shades is just that image mirrored(a few times) creating a skull.

    I quickly recreated the evasion image and showing the blade (outline in red), i mirrored the first(white) part, which is the rogue.. and this creates the skull.
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/rogueevasionisnotamask.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/rogueinevasion.jpg/
    You are just seeing what you want to believe. From your coloured in version you can quite clearly see that it isn't holding a dagger, if it were then the grey handle would be obscured by the pink. So the dagger is at best lying across his arm, the shape is also wrong for daggers they are closer to arrow heads than daggers. Based on your description he has absolutely no shoulders with the arms coming straight out from his neck, if it truely were a hooded rogue then you would see the shoulders. Trying to argue that the green section is "lower torso" just doesn't make sense, look at it.

    Every other icon is really clear when you look at it, especially the rogues which clearly do show rogues in them. This one you have to recolour and squint just to see something that looks vaguely like what you are trying to describe.

    It is quite clearly a troll's skull, or a mask of a troll's skull (troll due to the tusks) which is shown to be fading.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by Razero View Post

    However I still believe its a rogue
    It's not. Sorry.

  5. #445
    Epic! Duncanîdaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,646
    Wow, what I said about evasion really took off lol. I admit it was a stretch but I do see it, I'm probably trying too hard though as few others do see it. Although, what does a troll mask have to do with a rogue? ALL the other icons show what the ability does and/or has to deal with a rogue was my logic. What I was referring to was the pic that was posted without legs just for clarification.

    To those being snide about it. This thread is based on the concept of people seeing an axe when its a hand dropping a sword. People's eyes can play tricks on them, let's just drop it.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

  6. #446
    Herald of the Titans Eliot123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chamber of Understanding
    Posts
    2,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post


    IT'S A PARROT GUYS, SERIOUSLY!
    Oh, well... go figure. I always saw a parrot as well. xD

    I also always thought Mana Burn was some weird egg shell thing with a glint of light above it. The more you know.
    Last edited by Eliot123; 2012-09-12 at 06:00 AM.
    The moment when, thanks to transmogrification, your character selection screen looks like the cast of the Downton Abbey.

  7. #447
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    Wow, what I said about evasion really took off lol. I admit it was a stretch but I do see it, I'm probably trying too hard though as few others do see it. Although, what does a troll mask have to do with a rogue? ALL the other icons show what the ability does and/or has to deal with a rogue was my logic. What I was referring to was the pic that was posted without legs just for clarification.

    To those being snide about it. This thread is based on the concept of people seeing an axe when its a hand dropping a sword. People's eyes can play tricks on them, let's just drop it.
    The thread is about what people thought it was and what it really is, thinking it was a rogue is fine, people see weird things, looking at it in detail and saying it is a rogue is wrong. Trolls can be rogues and based on the picture I'm more inclined to think it is a skull than a mask, so the question becomes what does a rogue's skull fading have to do with evasion? If it were a face, then I feel it would match fine, so not sure why they went with a skull rather than a face.

  8. #448
    High Overlord jegerlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    Holy crap, I just realised that! I thought it was a face with beard as you look from the side. Damn.
    And look! The glove is from hunters Giantstalker set: http://www.wowhead.com/item=16852#.
    I only know this because I raided MC back in the days.... the horror of getting 8 set pieces with DKP and 4 others hunters in raid
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

  9. #449
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    ALL the other icons show what the ability does and/or has to deal with a rogue was my logic.
    Rogues are all about trickery, stealth and deception.

    Masks represent hiding your identity, and would be a major tool in a real assassins arsenal. It would be one tool that rogues use to "Evade" their enemies.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 2012-09-13 at 11:20 PM.

  10. #450
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    Why is this on the 6th page!

    The old mana shield.



    Anyone knows? It looks like just some sort of abstract art, but nothing about the awesome icons in this game is ever abstract.

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Why is this on the 6th page!

    The old mana shield.



    Anyone knows? It looks like just some sort of abstract art, but nothing about the awesome icons in this game is ever abstract.
    It always looked like an eye to me..
    Up-close kind've looks like a little thing of crystal/gems though.
    "Bigheaded Poster" Bona-fied 100%, Grade-A Bigheaded. :3

  12. #452
    oh wow. yeah, there's a lot i just don't understand

  13. #453
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I was very shocked when I found out after many years that the icon of mage's Blink was a dwarf, specially since I noticed that shortly before dwarves had mages as a playable class.
    *mind blown*

    I had no idea until just now, rofl.

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Whirlwind is a sword swinging in an arc. Sleep with that.
    HOLY SHI.....lol never realised that.

  15. #455

    Blink is dwarf blinking eye?

  16. #456
    Quote Originally Posted by Razero View Post
    People cant see it, or im seeing strange things!

    However I still believe its a rogue, with a hood like Bloodfang(Not sure if its the right name, one of the early tiers)
    In a position where he kinda looks down over his arm, the right elbow up high with the arm going across his chest holding a dagger.
    You cant see his legs.. what people presume are 'legs' are the tip of the blade(left) and part of his lower torso(right), and what looks like a nose(well.. that part where the nose is on the skull) is his hand holding a dagger, as this is mirrored it looks like a nose.
    The eyes on this 'mask' people keep seeing is actually the part of the hood where the rogues face would be.
    That first white part is the rogue and the purple pinkish shades is just that image mirrored(a few times) creating a skull.

    I quickly recreated the evasion image and showing the blade (outline in red), i mirrored the first(white) part, which is the rogue.. and this creates the skull.
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/198/rogueevasionisnotamask.jpg/
    imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/rogueinevasion.jpg/
    The problem isn't that we can't see what you're talking about.
    The problem is that it is a mask/skull.

    Let's say for a moment you were right and it's a rogue holding a dagger.
    Why is the dagger just superimposed on the hand instead of being held?
    http://i45.tinypic.com/2nlbi35.png
    The people who make the icons aren't novices, every other icon is well done, why would this be an exception?

    The reason: It isn't a rogue, it's a skull/mask with half it's face in shadow sliding to the left and leaving an afterimage.


    Quote Originally Posted by marukale View Post
    The thread is about what people thought it was and what it really is, thinking it was a rogue is fine, people see weird things, looking at it in detail and saying it is a rogue is wrong. Trolls can be rogues and based on the picture I'm more inclined to think it is a skull than a mask, so the question becomes what does a rogue's skull fading have to do with evasion? If it were a face, then I feel it would match fine, so not sure why they went with a skull rather than a face.
    It isn't "fading".
    It's dodging to the left, leaving a motion blur.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2012-09-15 at 08:56 AM.
    You tried too hard and now your post is shit. Never try too hard, the gamble isn't worth it. -Boubouille

  17. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post

    Blink is dwarf blinking eye?
    Answered many times, personally I think it's just a bearded human. Why does it -have- to be a dwarf? o-O

  18. #458
    Playing warlock as man and I still don't know whats drown here

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Why is this on the 6th page!

    The old mana shield.



    Anyone knows? It looks like just some sort of abstract art, but nothing about the awesome icons in this game is ever abstract.
    I think it's a mage with outstretched arms from above facing to the right with a mana shield around him.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

  20. #460
    The Lightbringer turskanaattori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Playing warlock as man and I still don't know whats drown here
    I'd say it's just a shield / (magical)seal breaking apart.

    But really, you guys really are blind or something. Pretty much the only ones that were surprising were Blink and Disarm.
    The rest are quite obvious, really.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •