Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire High Priestess Ishanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Draenor, with Yrel and Maraad
    Posts
    381

    The logic of the opening cinematic

    correct me if I'm wrong-

    Orc: I'm going to kick your ass.

    human: I'm going to kick your ass.

    Orc/Human: Haha, I'm kicking your ass!

    Pandaren: Stop this shit.

    Orc: Hey, that guy's stopping us from kicking each others ass!

    Human: Let's kick his ass!

    no? :s

  2. #2
    High Overlord naimc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    no? :s
    No. I am correcting you, because you are wrong. That is just a complete childish analysis of the cinematic.

  3. #3
    My impression from the opening cinematic was that the human washing up onto shore was put in a more defensive position.

    Orc: Leettle Pinksin, big Orc eat you for breakfast!

    Human: Glory be to Lothar, this guy is trying to eat me!

    Orc/Human: We aren't really getting anywhere fighting each other, but I bet I can make more noise than the other guy.

    Pandaren: What in the Mists of Pandaria is going on here?!? Look at this mess! I had just cleaned...

    Now, here is where I think my interpretation changes most fundamentally from yours. The human and orc realize that this single Panda is stronger than either of them individually and that their hope of defeating the new foe, then being able to go back and continue the fight against each other, is a temporary truce.

    Human: This fuzzball may be more than even I can handle!

    Orc: No worries bro, I've got your smaller and considerably less muscular back. Lok'tar ogar.

    Pandaren: Woah, guys, guys! Cut that out. My tea is getting cold and hey, by the way, I need you to come look at this. Yeah. Isn't that breeze finger-licking delicious?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong-

    Orc: I'm going to kick your ass.

    human: I'm going to kick your ass.

    Orc/Human: Haha, I'm kicking your ass!

    Pandaren: Stop this shit.

    Orc: Hey, that guy's stopping us from kicking each others ass!

    Human: Let's kick his ass!

    no? :s
    Correction:

    Orc: haha silleh hoomans wont see me!

    Human: la la l... I smellz ORC! *turns around* ORC!!!

    Orc: HOOOOMANS *RAWR*

    Human: I'm kickin this Orcs ass!

    Orc: I'm kickin this Hoomans ass!

    Panda: Lulz! Silleh childrenz quit playin with teh stickies

    Human/Orc: DAFUQ? OMG LETS PLAY WIT PANDA!

    Panda: ROFLLOLBBQNUBS

    Human/Orc: *panting* bah stooopid panda!

    Panda: Mah smell food, mah hungry *licks lips*

  5. #5
    Epic! Felarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    SKC,Poland
    Posts
    1,666
    Logic in WoW...pff good joke

  6. #6
    Still annoys the crap out of me that the idiot human had a sword and decided it would be better to use a sharpened stick of bamboo.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Still annoys the crap out of me that the idiot human had a sword and decided it would be better to use a sharpened stick of bamboo.
    Well it was broken and the stick was a longer ranged once he put a point on it.

  8. #8
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,747
    OP is actually pretty close.

    The two factions are totally blind to Pandaria because they only care about killing each other. It takes the intervention of Chen to make them see past their skin color and work together. Thereby parting the mists to show Pandaria in all it's glory.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire Queen Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ireland, home of the Potato, Whisky, Drunks and Drunk Fighting Tournaments
    Posts
    486
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Still annoys the crap out of me that the idiot human had a sword and decided it would be better to use a sharpened stick of bamboo.
    It's not a sword he has, it's a kinda machete type thing, and judging by how he can use the bamboo stick to roll the orc that he wouldn't be able to do with a sword, it's a smart choice. Not that smart a choice, but it's not like it made him lose the advantage. Plus, he uses both in combat

    Oh, and the main reason for using sticks when fighting is that if it breaks, you can just pick up another nearby. Imagine if a sword broke, you're out of luck cause swords don't fall on the ground, especially not "dropped" by the bodies of those you just kille-------- Wait a minute >.>

  10. #10
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,513
    why was the panda licking his lips? 0o

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    It's not a sword he has, it's a kinda machete type thing, and judging by how he can use the bamboo stick to roll the orc that he wouldn't be able to do with a sword, it's a smart choice. Not that smart a choice, but it's not like it made him lose the advantage. Plus, he uses both in combat

    Oh, and the main reason for using sticks when fighting is that if it breaks, you can just pick up another nearby. Imagine if a sword broke, you're out of luck cause swords don't fall on the ground, especially not "dropped" by the bodies of those you just kille-------- Wait a minute >.>
    Actually, it's not a machete. If you look closely you'll notice that it is in fact a broken sword. A broken sword is considerably less useful than a non-broken sword, which is why the alliance guy decided to use it to make an additional makeshift weapon. Two weapons are better than one.

    Plus, notice how the orc didn't even try to acquire a weapon before engaging in combat. Now that's dumb.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    why was the panda licking his lips? 0o
    "Finally. Somebody on this flowery continent that doesn't already know Kung Fu."
    Praise the Quest Writers for they give life to otherwise boring expansions.

  13. #13
    The pandaren got pissed cause the orc tore off an ornament, he couldn't have given a crap those 2 guys were kicking eachother's asses. After he put the ornament back and pacified those guys so they don't break some more stuff, he moved on.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    why was the panda licking his lips? 0o
    I dunno, why do worgen pant with their tongues hanging out. It's just something they do.

  15. #15
    yeah i dont get it .... in the cinematic alliance and horde set aside their differences to try and defeat a common enemy...but mop was supposed to be about alliance vs horde , was it not? it was supposed to be about WARCRAFT?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

  16. #16
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    yeah i dont get it .... in the cinematic alliance and horde set aside their differences to try and defeat a common enemy...but mop was supposed to be about alliance vs horde , was it not? it was supposed to be about WARCRAFT?!
    Well, its true that MoP will reignite the whole conflict between the horde and alliance, but its not the whole story. The other part of the story involves Pandaria and how its different than other places. The whole Sha storyline involves how in Pandaria negative emotion manifests in a very physical way. Chen knows this and combined with the fact that he's generally a chill dude, is why he decides to stop their confrontation.

    Plus, the alliance and the horde have joined forces countless times in the past to fight a common enemy such as the Lich King and Deathwing.

    Horde and alliance teaming up to fight a common enemy is just as much a part of World of Warcraft as horde and alliance fighting each other.
    Last edited by darthslayer; 2012-09-06 at 10:47 PM.

  17. #17
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Still annoys the crap out of me that the idiot human had a sword and decided it would be better to use a sharpened stick of bamboo.
    No, the annoying part is when the human whirls around and sees the orc, the orc jumps at him from above, and the human does NOT simply point the sharpened stick up and take a knee. Game over.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    OP is actually pretty close.

    The two factions are totally blind to Pandaria because they only care about killing each other. It takes the intervention of Chen to make them see past their skin color and work together. Thereby parting the mists to show Pandaria in all it's glory.
    Best explanation about the cinematic so far.

  19. #19
    The Lightbringer leaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    I don't even know anymore.
    Posts
    3,439
    Quote Originally Posted by darthslayer View Post
    Actually, it's not a machete. If you look closely you'll notice that it is in fact a broken sword. A broken sword is considerably less useful than a non-broken sword, which is why the alliance guy decided to use it to make an additional makeshift weapon. Two weapons are better than one.

    Plus, notice how the orc didn't even try to acquire a weapon before engaging in combat. Now that's dumb.
    It's also not a "stick" or "bamboo" it's a broken oar from the boat. It still has the rowlock attached to it.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-07 at 01:03 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

  20. #20
    No, the cinematic simply had to bring very few elements that devs wanted to make clear:

    There's war, war is brought to a new land, pandas are kick ass and funny at the same time, pandaria is beautiful, buy our game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •