LastLast
    Deleted

The logic of the opening cinematic

correct me if I'm wrong-

Orc: I'm going to kick your ass.

human: I'm going to kick your ass.

Orc/Human: Haha, I'm kicking your ass!

Pandaren: Stop this shit.

Orc: Hey, that guy's stopping us from kicking each others ass!

Human: Let's kick his ass!

no? :s

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    No. I am correcting you, because you are wrong. That is just a complete childish analysis of the cinematic.

My impression from the opening cinematic was that the human washing up onto shore was put in a more defensive position.

Orc: Leettle Pinksin, big Orc eat you for breakfast!

Human: Glory be to Lothar, this guy is trying to eat me!

Orc/Human: We aren't really getting anywhere fighting each other, but I bet I can make more noise than the other guy.

Pandaren: What in the Mists of Pandaria is going on here?!? Look at this mess! I had just cleaned...

Now, here is where I think my interpretation changes most fundamentally from yours. The human and orc realize that this single Panda is stronger than either of them individually and that their hope of defeating the new foe, then being able to go back and continue the fight against each other, is a temporary truce.

Human: This fuzzball may be more than even I can handle!

Orc: No worries bro, I've got your smaller and considerably less muscular back. Lok'tar ogar.

Pandaren: Woah, guys, guys! Cut that out. My tea is getting cold and hey, by the way, I need you to come look at this. Yeah. Isn't that breeze finger-licking delicious?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong-

Orc: I'm going to kick your ass.

human: I'm going to kick your ass.

Orc/Human: Haha, I'm kicking your ass!

Pandaren: Stop this shit.

Orc: Hey, that guy's stopping us from kicking each others ass!

Human: Let's kick his ass!

Correction:

Orc: haha silleh hoomans wont see me!

Human: la la l... I smellz ORC! *turns around* ORC!!!

Orc: HOOOOMANS *RAWR*

Human: I'm kickin this Orcs ass!

Orc: I'm kickin this Hoomans ass!

Panda: Lulz! Silleh childrenz quit playin with teh stickies

Human/Orc: DAFUQ? OMG LETS PLAY WIT PANDA!

Panda: ROFLLOLBBQNUBS

Human/Orc: *panting* bah stooopid panda!

Panda: Mah smell food, mah hungry *licks lips*

10+ Year Old Account
    Logic in WoW...pff good joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Still annoys the crap out of me that the idiot human had a sword and decided it would be better to use a sharpened stick of bamboo.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Still annoys the crap out of me that the idiot human had a sword and decided it would be better to use a sharpened stick of bamboo.
    Well it was broken and the stick was a longer ranged once he put a point on it.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP is actually pretty close.

The two factions are totally blind to Pandaria because they only care about killing each other. It takes the intervention of Chen to make them see past their skin color and work together. Thereby parting the mists to show Pandaria in all it's glory.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    It's not a sword he has, it's a kinda machete type thing, and judging by how he can use the bamboo stick to roll the orc that he wouldn't be able to do with a sword, it's a smart choice. Not that smart a choice, but it's not like it made him lose the advantage. Plus, he uses both in combat

Oh, and the main reason for using sticks when fighting is that if it breaks, you can just pick up another nearby. Imagine if a sword broke, you're out of luck cause swords don't fall on the ground, especially not "dropped" by the bodies of those you just kille-------- Wait a minute >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    why was the panda licking his lips? 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    It's not a sword he has, it's a kinda machete type thing, and judging by how he can use the bamboo stick to roll the orc that he wouldn't be able to do with a sword, it's a smart choice. Not that smart a choice, but it's not like it made him lose the advantage. Plus, he uses both in combat

Oh, and the main reason for using sticks when fighting is that if it breaks, you can just pick up another nearby. Imagine if a sword broke, you're out of luck cause swords don't fall on the ground, especially not "dropped" by the bodies of those you just kille-------- Wait a minute >.>
    Actually, it's not a machete. If you look closely you'll notice that it is in fact a broken sword. A broken sword is considerably less useful than a non-broken sword, which is why the alliance guy decided to use it to make an additional makeshift weapon. Two weapons are better than one.

Plus, notice how the orc didn't even try to acquire a weapon before engaging in combat. Now that's dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    "Finally. Somebody on this flowery continent that doesn't already know Kung Fu."
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    The pandaren got pissed cause the orc tore off an ornament, he couldn't have given a crap those 2 guys were kicking eachother's asses. After he put the ornament back and pacified those guys so they don't break some more stuff, he moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I dunno, why do worgen pant with their tongues hanging out. It's just something they do.

yeah i dont get it .... in the cinematic alliance and horde set aside their differences to try and defeat a common enemy...but mop was supposed to be about alliance vs horde , was it not? it was supposed to be about WARCRAFT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    yeah i dont get it .... in the cinematic alliance and horde set aside their differences to try and defeat a common enemy...but mop was supposed to be about alliance vs horde , was it not? it was supposed to be about WARCRAFT?!
    Well, its true that MoP will reignite the whole conflict between the horde and alliance, but its not the whole story. The other part of the story involves Pandaria and how its different than other places. The whole Sha storyline involves how in Pandaria negative emotion manifests in a very physical way. Chen knows this and combined with the fact that he's generally a chill dude, is why he decides to stop their confrontation.

Plus, the alliance and the horde have joined forces countless times in the past to fight a common enemy such as the Lich King and Deathwing.

Horde and alliance teaming up to fight a common enemy is just as much a part of World of Warcraft as horde and alliance fighting each other.
    Last edited by darthslayer; 2012-09-06 at 10:47 PM.

No, the annoying part is when the human whirls around and sees the orc, the orc jumps at him from above, and the human does NOT simply point the sharpened stick up and take a knee. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    OP is actually pretty close.

The two factions are totally blind to Pandaria because they only care about killing each other. It takes the intervention of Chen to make them see past their skin color and work together. Thereby parting the mists to show Pandaria in all it's glory.
    Best explanation about the cinematic so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darthslayer View Post
    Actually, it's not a machete. If you look closely you'll notice that it is in fact a broken sword. A broken sword is considerably less useful than a non-broken sword, which is why the alliance guy decided to use it to make an additional makeshift weapon. Two weapons are better than one.

Plus, notice how the orc didn't even try to acquire a weapon before engaging in combat. Now that's dumb.
    It's also not a "stick" or "bamboo" it's a broken oar from the boat. It still has the rowlock attached to it.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-07 at 01:03 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

No, the cinematic simply had to bring very few elements that devs wanted to make clear:

There's war, war is brought to a new land, pandas are kick ass and funny at the same time, pandaria is beautiful, buy our game.