10+ Year Old Account

Macro- 3 Talent spells in one.

Hey all! Im currently trying to make a macro that will essentially allow me to have all 3 spells in one button, depending on which one I pick from the talent, as well as show the tooltip. I currently have something like this

#showtooltip
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast Cenarion Ward
    /cast Renewal

It works for the casting part, but not for the tooltip part. Any way I can get the tooltip to reflect the active talent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

try using this

/use Nature's Swiftness
    /use Cenarion Ward
    /use Renewal
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("macronamehere", G"Nature's Swiftness" or G"Cenarion Ward" or "Renewal")

I have used this on beta for my shaman lvl90 talent Primal Elementalist using it for the channel earth ele healing buff and fire ele healing buff in 1 button depending which ele i have out at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    try using this

/use Nature's Swiftness
    /use Cenarion Ward
    /use Renewal
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("macronamehere", G"Nature's Swiftness" or G"Cenarion Ward" or "Renewal")

I have used this on beta for my shaman lvl90 talent Primal Elementalist using it for the channel earth ele healing buff and fire ele healing buff in 1 button depending which ele i have out at the time.
    That does change the icon depending on the spell, but it still doesn't give the tooltip for the spell. Ah, well, seeing the Cooldown is more then enough ^.^ though I would prefer to see the text too. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Could try adding in the #showtooltip at the top but not sure if that would work.
    If anyone has a better macro though i would also be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    That does change the icon depending on the spell, but it still doesn't give the tooltip for the spell. Ah, well, seeing the Cooldown is more then enough ^.^ though I would prefer to see the text too. Thanks!
    Add #showtooltip to that macro, it will do what you want. I'm working on something more elegant, tba.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-09-07 at 12:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    try using this

/use Nature's Swiftness
    /use Cenarion Ward
    /use Renewal

I'm looking for the Shaman macro myself, mind posting it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Minimemage View Post
    This addon has been working like a charm for me:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntMacroes.html
    This looks very nice for hunter T5! Thanks for the share.

same as that above just tweaked out working for laa classes and talents
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/talentmacros
    type in game /talentmacros
    it will create 6macros named ts1-6 just place them on bars as they are rest is on addon

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I realise this is a while ago, but after some googling for the same I found this thread. If you put #showtooltip on the top of the macro you will get the tooltip for all the spells, but the icon wont change to the right one. I fixed this by writing #showtooltip between every /use. no addon needed. example:

#showtooltip
    /use Heart of the Wild
    #showtooltip
    /use Nature's Vigil
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("T6", G"Heart of the Wild" or G"Nature's Vigil")

edit: ps: you might have to /reload ui for the icon to show properly, else the macro works perfectly.