Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

So people just DE farm?...not actually play the game?

So I was in Kessex Hills just doing the normal DE's, boss fights, collecting mats, etc when I came across a DE where you and to prevent Centaurs from rebuilding a bridge. I did the DE and noticed that no one moved but just continued to launch AoEs all over the place. I thought they were lagging (or I was) so I went off to explore around the area and see what else was out there.

There was another DE that kicked off near by so I went and did it and noticed a that within a few minutes the same 'repel the centaurs' started up again. The same group of people were standing in the same spots casting the same AoEs. I went and explored the rest of the map and on my way out, wouldn't you know it, the same people...standing in the same spots...casting the same AoEs.

Are these just account sellers or is this how people 'power level' in this game?

Deleted
    Same in another area, where there are about 20-30 people inside a tent, constantly spamming abilities because there is a dynamic event inside that spawns every 1:30 minutes.

If they chain cast AoE no matter if mobs are around or not, they are bots. Report them for botting and hopefuly at least some will get banned for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are bots report them so they get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    So I was in Kessex Hills just doing the normal DE's, boss fights, collecting mats, etc when I came across a DE where you and to prevent Centaurs from rebuilding a bridge. I did the DE and noticed that no one moved but just continued to launch AoEs all over the place. I thought they were lagging (or I was) so I went off to explore around the area and see what else was out there.

There was another DE that kicked off near by so I went and did it and noticed a that within a few minutes the same 'repel the centaurs' started up again. The same group of people were standing in the same spots casting the same AoEs. I went and explored the rest of the map and on my way out, wouldn't you know it, the same people...standing in the same spots...casting the same AoEs.

Are these just account sellers or is this how people 'power level' in this game?
    Theres a route where you do 4 events in a loop starting with this one. Its not an exploit. Its pretty good exp from 18-30. But it doesnt hold a candle to crafting.

Report, cheaters get what they deserve, go have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Theres a route where you do 4 events in a loop starting with this one. Its not an exploit. Its pretty good exp from 18-30. But it doesnt hold a candle to crafting.
    awful exp, the more you do an event without doing anything else the less and less karma, exp, and gold you get...

I wish i knew that's what bots do though or i would've reported like 50 of em by now i thought they were just really boring players...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

report them and anyone else you see just standing for minutes spamming an attack button at nothing. Eventually if you hang around long enough you will realise why they have positioned their bot there.

report, report, report... get rid of these players.

I used to AFK farm there as well. Kill 10 mobs, go afk, come back 5 minutes later - voila, gold medal!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know the exact story behind this particular place but it's a rather common sight in the lvl 80 Orr areas (particularly Cursed shore). There are a few events in close proximity that restart within a few minutes, it's an effective way to farm karma points and gold/items. I'm kinda hoping they'll increase the spawn timer because it's a little ridiculous right now.
    During prime time on evenings there's so many people doing them that it's actually hard for me as a thief to participate. The trick is to tag as many mobs as possible with as much aoe dmg as possible as soon as they spawn (and aren't invulnerable), you need a decent amount of dmg on any mob in order to get loot from it. The problem is that as a thief my only decently spammable aoe takes a second or two to go off, and the mobs are usually dead within less than two seconds :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Don't know the exact story behind this particular place but it's a rather common sight in the lvl 80 Orr areas (particularly Cursed shore). There are a few events in close proximity that restart within a few minutes, it's an effective way to farm karma points and gold/items. I'm kinda hoping they'll increase the spawn timer because it's a little ridiculous right now.
    During prime time on evenings there's so many people doing them that it's actually hard for me as a thief to participate. The trick is to tag as many mobs as possible with as much aoe dmg as possible as soon as they spawn (and aren't invulnerable), you need a decent amount of dmg on any mob in order to get loot from it. The problem is that as a thief my only decently spammable aoe takes a second or two to go off, and the mobs are usually dead within less than two seconds :<
    Mind telling me where this is? I need a place to farm Karma. With the insane prices items have you really need to do atleast 1 event every 5-10 min and as long as people dont farm 1 event I dont see any problem with it. If they however stand at a tent with an autoclicker waiting for a veteran to spawn they should get banned tho.

I guess it's kind of hard to punish people (provided they aren't using 3rd party software) for doing this; after all, the dev's made the respawn timer what it is. Them spamming isn't neccesarily the sign of a bot, I've been guilty of just spamming buttons while watching tv on more than one occasion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    I used to AFK farm there as well. Kill 10 mobs, go afk, come back 5 minutes later - voila, gold medal!
    And your incredibly negative comments in the "What is there to do at end game?" threads suddenly make sense.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Arenanet is banning these people for botting.

Even the ones who technically aren't botting, they are getting a 72 hour suspension if they abused it as well.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With exception to the dude in front of me to the left it was the exact group of people.

I'm heading back down to the firefly area south of there in a bit for more mats and if the same people are there again I will report them.

How can you level up with crafting? I cant get nearly enough materials to even make a dent, even with devoted attempts at farming.
    85: Paladin | Druid | Shaman | Warlock | Death Knight | Mage | Hunter | Rogue | Warrior | Priest

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auro View Post
    How can you level up with crafting? I cant get nearly enough materials to even make a dent, even with devoted attempts at farming.
    What crafting professions did you take?

I personally think its hardest during the first 'tier' of it...once you get passed that its easy and the lower level materials you occasionally get you can just insta-sell on the TP.

That spot in Kessex Hills is a very popular botting spot for some reason. I reported like 5 or so when I was going through that area.

if you do a specific DE more than one times, each additional time you do it you get less and less rewards..this is to prevent people for farming specific DEs.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    This cracks me up. The game is only two weeks old and it's been reduced to this?