Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Im getting the feeling I did with Diablo 3 once I hit the level cap, there seems to be little to do or even more accurate little point to it. The game is good for PvP but outside of that it's kinda pointless. I really like the game (everything about the leveling process anyway) and wan't to get some nice gear but I just cba for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by banyentertainment View Post
    WoW offers competitive pve and pvp content at much higher quality and quantity
    Competitive pve is such a funny term. How many players in wow are actually competing in pve .. .001% ? Rest are progressing through steep gear inflation to beat it. And pvp are arenas ... LoL or Dota offer pvp contont at much higher quality than WoW o.o take that!

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Just to help you out finding an answer to your assumptions:
    a: Yes, explorable can be tough as nails. If you prefer easy content story mode will fit you better
    b: I'd say the fun, currency, xp, crafting material and emblems (used for nice gear in LA) you get are pretty damn nice rewards.
    c: I did a route of CM explorable in 30 minutes yesterday. It merely depends whether you die a lot, or not.
    d: I haven't found any bugs, you can easily replace players from your server and overflow
    e: In GW2 currency has value, graveyard zerging will eventually result in spending all your funds on repairs and simply isn't an efficient way of handling things
    e2: Competition/Damage meters - yeah, imo these have only had drawbacks in other games.

Anyway, if you've got nothing to do at level 80, it's because you choose to have nothing to do. For example, when I stopped raiding in wow, because doing the same grind every week bored me out of my mind, didn't have anything to do either. So I quit the game, but didn't complain because I understood raiding was the only pve wow offered and I chose to not participate in it.

What you COULD do in GW2 pve wise;
    - In depth crafting, of all professions if you'd like to
    - Dungeon farming for emblems and exotic sets
    - Farming for legendary weapons
    - Farming elite events for fun and karma

I don't see any other mmo offering more to do at level cap.

Anyway, good luck mate.

If the damage meters determined the value of your players, I'm sure the overal quality of your guild wasn't that good. In GW2 it's about support, teamwork and staying alive. Damage meters would only attract more braindead players who stand nailed to the ground mashing their 'rotation', subsequentially and inevitabely dying and not helping the group at all.
    Whether you're farming in WoW or farming in GW2, you're still farming. There's absolutely no difference between Dungeon farming and Raid farming, except in your own mind. How you could possibly think you're doing something different is beyond me. You're doing the exact same shit day in and day out. You don't see any other MMO offering more to do at level cap because you CHOOSE not to see any other MMO offering more to do at level cap. Rift and WoW both offer plenty of things to do if you want to farm, which is exactly what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Whether you're farming in WoW or farming in GW2, you're still farming. There's absolutely no difference between Dungeon farming and Raid farming, except in your own mind. How you could possibly think you're doing something different is beyond me. You're doing the exact same shit day in and day out. You don't see any other MMO offering more to do at level cap because you CHOOSE not to see any other MMO offering more to do at level cap. Rift and WoW both offer plenty of things to do if you want to farm, which is exactly what you're doing.
    Where did I say there's a difference? You should calm down and read, rather than reply in an impulsive, primal manner. If after having calmed down, you still don't understand what you've read, I'm open for inquiry.

Honestly, for me its a replacement for most of the MMORPGs on the market. Its the 'main' game now.

At some point, I'll give MoP a try (when the expansion is free via a scroll of resurrection, after all the patches are out). I'll plow through the quest content, run some dungeons, get some badge gear. Maybe LFR a bit. That's 30-60 days worth of casual content. Then i'm done.

It's my last mmorpg, I'll just put it that way.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be the relief I need to remind me that MMOs have the potential to be enjoyable instead of infuriating. As much as I am going to try and pump myself up for MoP, I'm sure I will inevitably fall as hard, or harder, than I did with Cata. GW2 is the first MMO where I am logging on just to play. I don't care about what level I am, what toon I'm on, or what I'm doing. I'm still in zones that are 10 levels below me just because I've been taking my time exploring and crafting, not to mention helping my wife 'catch up'.

Everything I do is rewarding, which in turn makes me just simply want to play the game. Given that this game has no costs for upkeep, I will 100% buy any and every expansion this game has to offer and play it every moment I'm not doing something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Yeah, i did AC,CM, SE, and TA, first 3 done in explorable as well.
    As i did state somewhere around here before - explorable CM was the worst dungeon experience in my MMO "career".

I just don't feel like doing dungeons since a) they're artificially difficult, b) they don't reward you for you effort whatsoever, c) they take a lot of time, d) they're quite buggy, i guess. Overflow servers makes it impossible for your party to get into the same dungeon, if a player leaves the party - you won't be able to get a new member and continue it - you need to start from the beginning.
    and e) there is no competition. There are no damage meters, you don't get penaltized for failing - you can just graveyard zerg anything you want if you feel like it.
    That sounds awful tbh. Been trying to read up on GW2 info to see if I will have interest in between raiding tiers in MOP and its looking more and more like no. Looks like it will be Borderlands and COD during slow periods in raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It will be the relief I need to remind me that MMOs have the potential to be enjoyable instead of infuriating. As much as I am going to try and pump myself up for MoP, I'm sure I will inevitably fall as hard, or harder, than I did with Cata. GW2 is the first MMO where I am logging on just to play. I don't care about what level I am, what toon I'm on, or what I'm doing. I'm still in zones that are 10 levels below me just because I've been taking my time exploring and crafting, not to mention helping my wife 'catch up'.

Everything I do is rewarding, which in turn makes me just simply want to play the game. Given that this game has no costs for upkeep, I will 100% buy any and every expansion this game has to offer and play it every moment I'm not doing something else.
    This x 10.

GW2 is my main MMO. I thought about purchasing MoP but it's going to be the same old game with a new skin. I've never enjoyed the gear grind there and PvP was enjoyable for me before level cap.

I've been playing a TON since headstart and nearly everyday. I'm only level 32 and rank 12. I'm not sure why people have rushed to end-game. The game is not based around end-game! Although I'm sure that the first major content patch will add a ton of goodies for level 80 players.

GW2 HAS become my main MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    yeah sure you were. With all the class changes and FOTM, you were alwyas on top. Troll me harder.
    How about the fact that I played quite hardcore in WoW and I had several classes and I happened to changed my main several times. In vanilla I was playing a rogue, in TBC i healed for a while then played hunter and warlock. In WotLK it was hunter for the most part. In Cata I started to fall off since I played less.

You dont have to believe me. There is nothing I can do to prove it. Im sure some hardcore guys from pro guild like Ensidia would beat me. My guilds we OKish. Not extra strong top guild of the realm but we cleared the content on a decent pace. The fact is, DPS meters were dictating my playstyle for years and that is why I started to hate them at some point.
    Last edited by Awe; 2012-09-07 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Some people say the gameplay is incredibly dull. I personally find it exciting.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    It was originally made by players, however it became a core part of "modern pve", which is raiding, in games such as Rift and Wow, and i believe that current MMO's should follow that trend.
    I, amongst many others, want to see the game showing me that i am performing well, and possibly alternating my builds, rather than guessing which trait-build/weapon build makes me perform better.
    I won't even mention developer disability to make proper trait descriptions. "You deal damage when you roll", "Your damage is increased when your endurance isn't full". How do i know if those traits are worth it? With such inconsistencies in there the game can't be competitive, really.
    I agree with the trait texts you're talking about. "You run faster while wielding a melee weapon", how much faster? I can't even check my movement speed in the stat pane. I know it's 10% because I looked it up but, should I have to?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I agree with the trait texts you're talking about. "You run faster while wielding a melee weapon", how much faster? I can't even check my movement speed in the stat pane. I know it's 10% because I looked it up but, should I have to?
    Wait, what?

Last I checked, tooltips have been much more specific ever since live release. "Combo Critical Chance" for thieves, for example, did not always specify how much increased crit chance. Now we know it's 5%, from the tooltip. Or "Initial Strike" for thieves... used to not tell what the chance of generating initiative from the #1 skill was... now we know it's only a 7% chance, from the tooltip.

Are there some tooltips out there that still aren't specific? If so, that's something worth mentioning, imo, with the "report a bug" button, or at least posting about on the official forums (when they come up).
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

GW2 is a lot of fun when I don't try to grind hard to level. I just jump in, run around a little, do some events, discover some things. I gain a few items and some XP and then I might log out and do something else.

I don't feel bad at all for having only 2 characters, level 17 and level 19. The game is dynamic and fun and I want to keep it that way in my mind. When I'm not playing something else, I'll play this. I will also play WoW, and some console games.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I will, at some point, buy and play the game, however I'll wait for the early shine to wear off and let the MMO jumpers and raiders leave.
    But the truth is the game is a PvP game with a little PvE sprinkled into it. I thought GW2 would be my new MMO after TOR failed on me, but once I saw that there was no such thing as raiding, I was done. A few 5 man dungeons just aren't enough to hold my attention and PvP is only fun for so long.
    You haven't even played the game. Don't you mean "But in my opinion"? You can't and shouldn't be relaying anything as "truth" if you haven't experienced it yourself. That's just hearsay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game ain't a "PvP game with a little PvE sprinkled into it" in the least. No, there's no competitive PvE scene (yet anyways, who knows what'll happen), but that doesn't mean that it's PvP centric. There's tons of PvE content - it has taken up the majority of the developer's time over the past 5 years - and a lot of people who play this game are only playing the PvE, because they just don't like PvP.

Just because the PvE content does not specifically appeal to you, does not mean it's a PvP game.

Deleted
    it's a game as many others, nice but not a milestone so nothing to play for more than a few months before buying something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Have to agree with this, I've never seen one class constantly top the meters, fights will always benefit other classes more, so to consistently be top of the meters, means everyone else sucked.

I'm always near the top of the meters, but there is fights which favour range, which give me no hope of finishing top, unless the range sucked.
    So we're talking about WoW in a GW2 forum? Seems legit.

On Topic - It will eventually become one of those games for me, but for now, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Someudontno View Post
    So we're talking about WoW in a GW2 forum? Seems legit.
    More like talking about WoW in a GW2 sub-forum on a WoW-centric web site.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Where did I say there's a difference? You should calm down and read, rather than reply in an impulsive, primal manner. If after having calmed down, you still don't understand what you've read, I'm open for inquiry.
    By saying that no other MMO offers more at max level then GW2, which is incorrect. Also, nobody responded in an impulsive or primal manner. Just because somebody disagrees with you doesn't mean they're being "impulsive" or "primal".

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    You haven't even played the game. Don't you mean "But in my opinion"? You can't and shouldn't be relaying anything as "truth" if you haven't experienced it yourself. That's just hearsay.
    No, it's truth. If you can inform me of all the massive amounts of PvE content that isn't just leveling, a few dungeons (yes, only a few), and "dynamic" world zergfests, by all means, show me.