15+ Year Old Account

Interface and the 25th of September

Hi Guys,

a couple of buddies of mine are very confident, that with the releasedate of MoP itself, there will be alot of issues once again with the interface. and I'm not quite sure about this, but I thought, interface changes were pretty much done with the 5.0.4 release, so on 25th of September only the pandaren and lvl 85+ content will be "activated", but when your interface is working now, it 100% will work with the release itself.

he currently says, he's playing with default interface, because with mop release everything will be screwed up again, anyways, so why bother creating an interface now...

can anyone confirm the behavior, how it will be?

thanks,
    xeb

Generally it should be just fine.
    All the coding changes have already happened so the breaking of addons will be very very rare.

There should be very few bugs seeing as the actual upgrade has already happened. The only thing that happens at midnight on September 25th is that eligible accounts will be flagged for doing MoP content. Everything else has already been in the game for a week.

My UI has been designed in Beta for MoP compatibility - i think pretty much all addons have done this way. 5.0.4 brings pretty much all the new system, hence i think that apart some minor things, everything will be fine.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Your buddies are wrong imo. I didn't have any interface related problems nor with Wrath, nor with Cata. Just had to download newest versions, thats it (though with vanilla/TBC transition it was a little different, ah, well, its totally another story ).
    Of course, if your buddies use unpopular addons which arent updated for years - thats another thing. I have like 10 addons installed and all are MoP compatible already.

Pretty much what everyone has said.
    All changes to coding have already happened.
    Every addons will work.

we will probably see another patch drop on live sometime before MoP is officially released, it should ideally fix alot of LUA errors on blizzards behalf but shouldnt break any addons. and if it did there is still time to get a functional UI before MoP comes out

As others have said most addons / interfaces will probably be fine.

That said however if you can level using the default UI, then more power to you, it makes you more able to get ahead whilst others might be spending time fixing ui issues.

A lot of the addons for 5.0.4 still have their fair share of bugs, even though the game won't be changing a huge amount on 25th, I can't see the number of existing bugs getting smaller....

If an addon is loading now without errors, it should load fine on the 25th unless between now and then they make addon breaking API changes, which doesn't usually happen at the last minute without warning.
    Moo.