Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot that calling people out on certain praises due to unnecessarily low standards of companies handling their customer support is considered bashing.
    To me their customer support is fantastic, always recieved a reply in a couple of days max, considering that they are flooded by support requests thats fantastic.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot that calling people out on certain praises due to unnecessarily low standards of companies handling their customer support is considered bashing.
    Not to nitpick, but you DID come off a bit rude with your first post. The whole comment about having low standards and being impressed by everything basically amounted to an insult of the OP's naivete. Still, I guess if you didn't mean it that way...
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Not to nitpick, but you DID come off a bit rude with your first post. The whole comment about having low standards and being impressed by everything basically amounted to an insult of the OP's naivete. Still, I guess if you didn't mean it that way...
    That's exactly what I was getting at as well, but he didn't seem to grasp that.

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Not to nitpick, but you DID come off a bit rude with your first post. The whole comment about having low standards and being impressed by everything basically amounted to an insult of the OP's naivete. Still, I guess if you didn't mean it that way...
    I grasped it just fine. And I meant it in that way, but it wasn't aimed at Arenanet, but rather at how high they are put on the pedestal regarding every little thing they do.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    Because they try to find a way to debunk your arguments by accusing you of being some kind of Blizzard fanboy, but they only assume that. Of course, that only makes them look like fanboys themselves.

    Dare to criticize this game and you will always get childish remarks like "go back to your Pandas", "no problem, World of Pokemon will be released soon", or "go and kill 10 boars". Nonsense like this can be applied to everything. For instance, GW2 has kitties in it, you cook chilly peppers and gather onions.
    Yeah GW has: Kill X Ammount of boars ! Except you better hope its 10 and that boars even exist !

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    And sorry, I wasn't bitter about anything. I just said it's not "class". It's the norm. Reading goes a long way.
    Sadly, it's not though. Most gaming companies don't compensate for difficulties on their end or unexpected downtime, or give minimal compensation at best.

    And you mentioned your broken fan...I've never heard of that from a company unless the fan came with a warranty that hadn't expired. Longterm warranties are pretty rare in my experience, and more often than not require you to pay extra for them. It's actually the exception that companies bro it up and adequately compensate customers for things the company has failed at.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I grasped it just fine. And I meant it in that way, but it wasn't aimed at Arenanet, but rather at how high they are put on the pedestal regarding every little thing they do.
    Whats the problem with that? Especially with these free upgrades they deserve to be high in the pedestal, especially with this "lets milk every penny" attitude that we have from big game publishers, Day 1 dlc anyone?

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Day 1 dlc anyone?
    Not to get off topic but...

    Games are printed on the disks and shipped MONTHS ahead of launch date, so day 1 DLC isn't always bad. They have to do something during that period of time, and it's either start working on projects for other titles, or work on continued support for the game they are releasing. Considering most games get post-release content support through DLC, day 1 DLC isn't inherently bad (unless it's damn near mandatory for story progression ect)

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    3,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Rofl. Because they are compensating for something that should have been working? That's usually called "standard fare". But yeah, keepin the standards low and being impressed by everything is the trend nowadays I guess.
    Considering how many gaming companies don't compensate their players, I'd say it's the exception rather than the norm.
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Not to get off topic but...

    Games are printed on the disks and shipped MONTHS ahead of launch date, so day 1 DLC isn't always bad. They have to do something during that period of time, and it's either start working on projects for other titles, or work on continued support for the game they are releasing. Considering most games get post-release content support through DLC, day 1 DLC isn't inherently bad (unless it's damn near mandatory for story progression ect)
    I was mostly refering to locked dlc (the ones present on disc but locked unless you pay an X amount). I agree with you when done right dlc are awesome.

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Sadly, it's not though. Most gaming companies don't compensate for difficulties on their end or unexpected downtime, or give minimal compensation at best.

    And you mentioned your broken fan...I've never heard of that from a company unless the fan came with a warranty that hadn't expired. Longterm warranties are pretty rare in my experience, and more often than not require you to pay extra for them. It's actually the exception that companies bro it up and adequately compensate customers for things the company has failed at.
    Headstart was a very recent thing, and if a company (gaming or not) does not compensate for a broken product that they sold you, then they are a bad company. Most gamers tell you to "stop bitching", so most game companies don't even have to do shit. That doesn't make the ones that do classy. It makes them companies that actually do their job, and as a result gain support and additional customers (which I'm sure you're like "i know i know"). Key example is Mass Effect 3, and they obviously didn't have to do shit, but they did, and they did it for free. Because some people were like "hey, lets not lie down and honor the sanctity of the holy gaming companies." They're just businesses, and they all work the same way.

    1-Shitty companies: The expected norm from gamers for no fucking reason (as I said, lowering your standards tend to be the norm these days)
    2-Amazing companies: Companies that basically do their job and should be the norm but for some reason is considered amazing.

    I called Dell last week about my dad's computer which never had the front USB ports correctly hooked up to the motherboard, and cried, whined and bitched at them about selling me a faulty product until they brought out their manager and agreed to replace the case. The warranty has been gone, but enough crying gets the job done 95% of the time. If not with one rep, then with another.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I grasped it just fine. And I meant it in that way, but it wasn't aimed at Arenanet, but rather at how high they are put on the pedestal regarding every little thing they do.
    Ah.

    Well, I have to say that the reason many of us have low standards is because a good number of game developers have been setting their standards fairly low. Sadly, it's becoming rare to see a company provide any sort of compensation, and truthfully, ArenaNet didn't have to. It HAS become the standard. So, to see a company actually coming out, apologizing, and providing some sort of recompense is a welcome sight.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

  13. #33
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Whats the problem with that? Especially with these free upgrades they deserve to be high in the pedestal, especially with this "lets milk every penny" attitude that we have from big game publishers, Day 1 dlc anyone?
    I'm not even going to bother replying to this. Attitudes like this is what I mean when your standards are low for no reason. By the by, you should probably note that not everyone who was having issues got these upgrades. But that's besides the point, I guess.

  14. #34
    You don't remember Blizz compensating? Well I atleast have like over a month worth of free day's on my WoW's history cause they compensated realm downtimes.
    Oh I know, noone of you played @ vanilla...

    Onto topic. Anet did the right thing.

  15. #35
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Ah.

    Well, I have to say that the reason many of us have low standards is because a good number of game developers have been setting their standards fairly low. Sadly, it's becoming rare to see a company provide any sort of compensation, and truthfully, ArenaNet didn't have to. It HAS become the standard. So, to see a company actually coming out, apologizing, and providing some sort of recompense is a welcome sight.
    I bet you that if the gaming audience was like 20-30 primarily, their standards would be 10000x higher because we call them up and bitch more. It's not like a 14 year old's mother is going to complain to the company about the combat system to Game X.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Headstart was a very recent thing, and if a company (gaming or not) does not compensate for a broken product that they sold you, then they are a bad company. Most gamers tell you to "stop bitching", so most game companies don't even have to do shit. That doesn't make the ones that do classy. It makes them companies that actually do their job, and as a result gain support and additional customers (which I'm sure you're like "i know i know"). Key example is Mass Effect 3, and they obviously didn't have to do shit, but they did, and they did it for free. Because some people were like "hey, lets not lie down and honor the sanctity of the holy gaming companies." They're just businesses, and they all work the same way.

    1-Shitty companies: The expected norm from gamers for no fucking reason (as I said, lowering your standards tend to be the norm these days)
    2-Amazing companies: Companies that basically do their job and should be the norm but for some reason is considered amazing.

    I called Dell last week about my dad's computer which never had the front USB ports correctly hooked up to the motherboard, and cried, whined and bitched at them about selling me a faulty product until they brought out their manager and agreed to replace the case. The warranty has been gone, but enough crying gets the job done 95% of the time. If not with one rep, then with another.
    The only reason bioware did for free because of the massive shit storm. It was already under heavy fire from gamers for DA2 and another mmo for most the fiasco was the last straw.

    If you wish to mention an example of a great developer, I suggest you CD Projekt.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,972
    ~__~ WoW used to give free extra days of active service when many players were unable to do anything due to a new patch or whatever, that's pretty solid in my book. Then again, they used to. Now they stick ya with the "This game may not always be available for play bla bla bla" clause. It's good to see companies are trying to make up for their mistakes with stuff like this, it shows they really care.

    According to someone from that Reddit link, people who have the CE or DE versions are able to give it to a friend (either the whole game [$80 value] or just the upgrade [$20] is unsure). Kudos ANet for admitting fault and trying to keep your customers happy.

  18. #38
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,794
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    The only reason bioware did for free because of the massive shit storm. It was already under heavy fire from gamers for DA2 and another mmo for most the fiasco was the last straw.

    If you wish to mention an example of a great developer, I suggest you CD Projekt.
    Sigh, "Because some people were like "hey, lets not lie down and honor the sanctity of the holy gaming companies." They're just businesses, and they all work the same way."

    I literally said that.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I'm sorry, I forgot that calling people out on certain praises due to unnecessarily low standards of companies handling their customer support is considered bashing.
    Summary for your recent posts:
    Trying way too hard to try to seem shrewd, crass and edgy ;
    Coming off as confrontational douche with opinions based on nothing.

    Personal attacks aren't necessary here. Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-07 at 08:36 PM.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    I'm not even going to bother replying to this. Attitudes like this is what I mean when your standards are low for no reason. By the by, you should probably note that not everyone who was having issues got these upgrades. But that's besides the point, I guess.
    Capcom: Street fighter X Takken and Resident Evil ORC both games half assed made and they charge you for the rest of the story or the unlocks thats on the disk.

    Activison: Call of Duty- Each one released with the same graphic's as the one before it charging you 15$-20$ each DLC with half baked story the best story they have done in a COD is *in my opinion* black ops.

    Blizzard: Diablo 3 released after 12 years with shit story people could not even play it the first few days and some for weeks after.
    World Of Warcraft/Cata releaseing 2 remade heroic's as a patch content update and canceled 2 raids and gave us DS for nearly 9 months.

    Bioware: Swtor released with so many bugs the game was broken for a few with little to no endgame content *even to this day*

    Both blizzard and bioware have had moments where people was paying for time they couldn't play weather it be monthly or the cost of 60$ and did nothing.

    Tons of game company's come out with unfinished games and then charge you for the rest of the content. this is way most gamers have low standards for games because for the past 7 years or so bad games have been forced on us.

    So when a company like Anet decide's because you didn't get to play in the head start we will give u a 20$ upgrade for free it shocks people and gives them a bit more faith in game company's.

    Anet didn't have to do a thing they already got there 60$ but they care about there players and want them to have fun and enjoy the game they made.

    Most game company's rather just release the next thing asap to get that 60$ out of you and the 15-20$ they charge you for DLC on the disk....

    Me personally i think u came here to derail the thread so i won't comment on what u said anymore my point is proven.


    On topic: I think its really cool of them to do that the things they have been doing lately has made me like them even more and i have been with Anet since guild wars 1 .

    Edit: to add to your 20-30 year olds would call and bitched about it....i am 22 and i have grown tired of calling game company's for the BS they have done to there player base. So for anet to do this is nice of them when they really did not have to.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-07 at 07:20 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    Recent Video Upload: The Last of Us Remastered Multiplayer - Supply Raid "Jtbrig7390" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrpuvXVXO0

    My Twitch Streaming Ps4 Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •