Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Ouch. Bit harsh, ain't it?

    That's about a free $20 upgrade. To folks who already paid for a game that doesn't have a subscription fee. I'd call that good form.
    Exactly. I never saw any of this with my previous MMO LOTRO ..

  2. #42
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Summary for your recent posts:
    Trying way too hard to try to seem shrewd, crass and edgy ;
    Coming off as confrontational douche with opinions based on nothing.
    LOL OK. Yeah, I was trying hard...to not get banned. But I can say it straight up too, for you champ. You're stupid if you think that Arenanet is a real classy company for compensating players for something that didn't work. And my opinion based on how businesses are supposed to work in order to make you want you to stay: e.g. calling Dell, or my fan company, or Starbucks when my Coffee fucking sucks. So I guess it's not based on nothing after all.

    Me personally i think u came here to derail the thread so i won't comment on what u said anymore my point is proven.
    You're personally wrong because I wasn't derailing shit, unless an opposing opinion counts as derailing. Your points just prove one thing and that's that you have built in low standards for gaming companies, which is pretty much what I've been saying. Additionally, I wasn't shocked one bit by this move, I just nodded my head and went "sweet, won't bundle them with CoD."

    Good thing semi-proper grammer marks you as a word slinging douche in this area, but I hope I said it plainly enough for any parties confused.

    to add to your 20-30 year olds would call and bitched about it....i am 22 and i have grown tired of calling game company's for the BS they have done to there player base. So for anet to do this is nice of them when they really did not have to.
    22, and tired of dealing with the world, alas. No wonder gaming companies treat their playerbases like shit.


    The personal attacks are not necessary. Please be respectful of others. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-07 at 01:54 PM.

  3. #43
    Actually during vanilla WoW the servers were down for a week straight and blizzard gave everyone a free month to recompensate their player base. So dont go acting like blizzard goes out there way to screw people over.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You're personally wrong because I wasn't derailing shit, unless an opposing opinion counts as derailing. Your points just prove one thing and that's that you have built in low standards for gaming companies, which is pretty much what I've been saying. Additionally, I wasn't shocked one bit by this move, I just nodded my head and went "sweet, won't bundle them with CoD."

    Good thing semi-proper grammer marks you as a word slinging douche in this area, but I hope I said it plainly enough for any parties confused.
    and now you run your mouth about my gammer ok LOL......anyway i have low standards for gaming companies cause i got tired of them fucking me every chance they got to sum it up....

    so when a company like Anet decide's to give you a 20$ upgrade for free cause they messed up i am a bit shocked....where is my extra little item when D3 was down...why do company's keep trying to nickel and dime me each chance they get and release games with half the story.....

    Game company's made me have a low standard for them i didn't chose it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Armitagethethird View Post
    Actually during vanilla WoW the servers were down for a week straight and blizzard gave everyone a free month to recompensate their player base. So dont go acting like blizzard goes out there way to screw people over.
    back in the day yes they did stuff like that im sure nowa days they could care less and they have proved that time and time again. then again that was a different group working on wow back then.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post


    LOL OK. Yeah, I was trying hard...to not get banned. But I can say it straight up too, for you champ. You're stupid if you think that Arenanet is a real classy company for compensating players for something that didn't work. And my opinion based on how businesses are supposed to work in order to make you want you to stay: e.g. calling Dell, or my fan company, or Starbucks when my Coffee fucking sucks. So I guess it's not based on nothing after all.



    You're personally wrong because I wasn't derailing shit, unless an opposing opinion counts as derailing. Your points just prove one thing and that's that you have built in low standards for gaming companies, which is pretty much what I've been saying. Additionally, I wasn't shocked one bit by this move, I just nodded my head and went "sweet, won't bundle them with CoD."

    Good thing semi-proper grammer marks you as a word slinging douche in this area, but I hope I said it plainly enough for any parties confused.



    22, and tired of dealing with the world, alas. No wonder gaming companies treat their playerbases like shit.
    Out of curiosity, since you basicaly stating that everyone (but you ofc) haw low standard. Which gaming companies have high standards according to you?

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Out of curiosity, since you basicaly stating that everyone (but you ofc) haw low standard. Which gaming companies have high standards according to you?
    all of that was in my opinion so if i was coming out like its everyones opinion that was not my intent.....

    to answer your 2nd question so far Anet/Nintendo/Sega/cdproject/EPIC/NCsoft/the 2 different companys that did batman arkham city & asylum have been good to me...i could keep going but the list can get long.

    there is some companys that have done good but 9 times out of 10 u see a Square Enix/Capcom/Activi/Blizzard/EA game release most of the time and cause of that my fath in game company's has gotten low due to half baked games they came out with.

    all of this is my opinion and my outlook on it im not trying to pass it off as someone else opinion.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    I dont remember the retarded company Blizzard compensating for their failure D3.

    Thats rock bottom standards for a rock bottom company
    What the hell are they supposed to do? Give everyone a free Windforce or currency on either AH? Get real.

  8. #48
    Scarab Lord Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    4,044
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitagethethird View Post
    Actually during vanilla WoW the servers were down for a week straight and blizzard gave everyone a free month to recompensate their player base. So dont go acting like blizzard goes out there way to screw people over.
    That would have been back in the day when the founders of ArenaNet worked at Blizzard. Yup!
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  9. #49
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    and now you run your mouth about my gammer ok LOL......anyway i have low standards for gaming companies cause i got tired of them fucking me every chance they got to sum it up....

    so when a company like Anet decide's to give you a 20$ upgrade for free cause they messed up i am a bit shocked....where is my extra little item when D3 was down...why do company's keep trying to nickel and dime me each chance they get and release games with half the story.....

    Game company's made me have a low standard for them i didn't chose it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:30 AM ----------

    back in the day yes they did stuff like that im sure nowa days they could care less and they have proved that time and time again. then again that was a different group working on wow back then.
    1) I was talking about my grammar, not yours. It was because of what Minky said.
    2) It's partly your fault because you're not bitching about gaming companies when they fail to provide good shit.

    Out of curiosity, since you basicaly stating that everyone (but you ofc) haw low standard. Which gaming companies have high standards according to you?
    This doesn't make sense to me. At first, you say that everyone has low standards, but then you ask me which gaming companies have high standards? Everyone and gaming companies what? Do you mean to ask who has high standards of gaming companies? Because I don't know the answer to that question.

    all of that was in my opinion so if i was coming out like its everyones opinion that was not my intent.....
    I think he was asking me.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashim View Post
    What the hell are they supposed to do? Give everyone a free Windforce or currency on either AH? Get real.
    free auth would have been nice since it was needed to use the RMAH....just my opinion
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    all of that was in my opinion so if i was coming out like its everyones opinion that was not my intent.....

    to answer your 2nd question so far Anet/Nintendo/Sega/cdproject/EPIC/NCsoft/the 2 different companys that did batman arkham city & asylum have been good to me...i could keep going but the list can get long.

    there is some companys that have done good but 9 times out of 10 u see a Square Enix/Capcom/Activi/Blizzard/EA game release most of the time and cause of that my fath in game company's has gotten low due to half baked games they came out with.

    all of this is my opinion and my outlook on it im not trying to pass it off as someone else opinion.
    Thanks for you yur input, but i wasn mainly asking Dragoncurry, because im mostly curious in which gaming company regards as a high standard one.

    For me the only 2 that i regard as high standard are Valve and CD Projeckt, with Arena Net getting up there.

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    I said people have low standards for gaming companies and shouldn't, I have no idea what you're asking me.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Because other gaming companies regularly gift customers who deal with issues too, right? How about that Blizzard rewarding people when D3 was barely playable for a while when it launched? Or how the Elite service for CoD was down for months but players weren't compensated by Activision?

    If you're going to be bitter about something positive, go do it elsewhere.

    I'm glad to see ArenaNet compensating players. Sad to see the mistakes in the first place, but at least they're doing something to make up for it.
    >Enter Database
    >Change one value on all of *X* accounts
    >????
    >EVERYONE ALL OF A SUDDEN THINKS YOU'RE AN AMAZING COMPANY

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,158
    Compensating for game not working at launch, Bans for so said "exploits" when all they could have done was fix the problem and remove any items/money gained.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    1) I was talking about my grammar, not yours. It was because of what Minky said.
    2) It's partly your fault because you're not bitching about gaming companies when they fail to provide good shit.
    to answer you first comment *mybad though u ment me*.

    as for your 2nd comment what is the point in calling them up and bitching about the game you just played 60$ for new and can't return. I don't know where you live but i live in the US and here when you buy something new u can not return it.

    I have voted with my wallet and stopped buying any game from Blizzard/Square Enix and unless RE6 comes to the PC i won't be buying any capcom games eather.

    but to my original point you asked/told me its my fault that i got low standards for game company's it wasn't my choice half baked games from them did that
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    free auth would have been nice since it was needed to use the RMAH....just my opinion
    So you expect Blizzard to give you something worth real life value?
    Because what ANet did is worth absolutely nothing to them.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    ~__~ WoW used to give free extra days of active service when many players were unable to do anything due to a new patch or whatever, that's pretty solid in my book. Then again, they used to. Now they stick ya with the "This game may not always be available for play bla bla bla" clause. It's good to see companies are trying to make up for their mistakes with stuff like this, it shows they really care.
    Wrong.

    They stopped compensating gametime because they stopped having a reason too. When's the last time something happened in World of Warcraft unexpectedly and they had to comp gametime? Months? Years? Nowadays if the servers are ever down for maintenance, they announce that shit days ahead of time.

    Every patch launch is getting smoother and smoother.

    Every expansion launch is getting smoother and smoother.

    The reason you're not getting compensated time is because there isn't a need to. "Damn Blizzard's shit's so together with WoW that I don't even get free gametime for when shit fucks up anymore. GG BLIZZ."

    With Diablo 3, I don't know what they could've given that is reasonable (and don't say items or expansion upgrades, because they didn't have a digital deluxe and because items isn't something they ever give out)

  18. #58
    Scarab Lord Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    4,044
    What was really cool about it was this was compensating for head start access - that 3 extra days that didn't cost anyone a dime more. In another famous game you'd have been told to "read the contract".
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Compensating for game not working at launch, Bans for so said "exploits" when all they could have done was fix the problem and remove any items/money gained.
    they done stated due to the fact they have been busy since launch they did not have the man power to remove the items on each account or do a roll back it was a requirement for those who exploited to delete the items off there account after admitting they did wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    What was really cool about it was this was compensating for head start access - that 3 extra days that didn't cost anyone a dime more. In another famous game you'd have been told to "read the contract".
    to be fair *i could be wrong* but people over in EU payed a extra few $ for the head start from what i have heard but as i said i could be wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:46 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by SeamLe View Post
    So you expect Blizzard to give you something worth real life value?
    Because what ANet did is worth absolutely nothing to them.
    Anet gave u something they could make 20$ off of per person so making money has no real life value to you or them?????
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-09-07 at 07:47 AM.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jtbrig7390 "fallow for streaming details and all types of game updates"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    they done stated due to the fact they have been busy since launch they did not have the man power to remove the items on each account or do a roll back it was a requirement for those who exploited to delete the items off there account after admitting they did wrong.
    So because Anet didn't have the man power to remove the items from said "exploits" (They weren't really exploits to be honest) they just banned people? Seems fair...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •