6 8.45%
  • Engineer

8 11.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Most fun - Solo leveling

Im just curious what you guys think the most fun profession is when it comes to solo leveling (and only that, not interested in pvp, dungeons etc)

My main is warrior , so now searching to create an alt to have most fun while leveling

Things i personally enjoy while leveling :
    - Beeing fast. For example i know thief has a +25% movement signet, not sure about the rest. Also having swiftness available as an utility skill and not on a weapon (like warrior, which i dont like >.<) would be sweet
    - Burst. Beeing able to fast kill mobs and feel powerfull makes me have fun. Taking ages to kill a normal doesnt lol
    - AOE and/or Range. Having at least one weapon with good aoe and/or range is cool
    - Survivability. Dying aint fun:P

PS: If you could also mention the weapon combo you using while leveling would be great as it makes quite a big difference . Thanks

Deleted
    How the hell should we know. Game is up for 2 weeks and most people didnt even get max level on main, not to even mention trying all 8 classes with slot for just 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    How the hell should we know. Game is up for 2 weeks and most people didnt even get max level on main, not to even mention trying all 8 classes with slot for just 5.
    You could for example know if the class you play its fun or not. You also dont need max level to evaluate this imo, levels 30-50 are more than enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. I might enjoy playing my lv 50 necromancer, but how am I to know if, say, a level 50 ele with the same gear level would be much more efficient? Just play a damn class that appeals to you, stop basing your decisions around other peoples opinions because they are more often then not not your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Apart from the swearing, I agree with this. Haven't even gotten a level 10 of each profession yet, still far too early to tell which one is the most fun soloing with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherkkan View Post
    You could for example know if the class you play its fun or not. You also dont need max level to evaluate this imo, levels 30-50 are more than enough.

I agree with that, it is a subject for conversation, but poll is just plain stupid. should I vote for Elementalist because I guess it's fun? Only class I can vote is ranger, other people will vote for their main, so you won't get any info from that.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are kind of crucifying the OP here, he was just inquiring as to our thoughts.
    Personally, I absolutely love my dagger/dagger elementalist. Incredibly squishy though so you need to be careful.

I like my Guardian, they're very capable at dealing damage while maintaining a good amount of survivability, wich is key in this game.

I also enjoy my engineer, but in a more simplistic and versatile way.
    I can just use my Rifle and an Elixir build to blow through stuff and keep it simple or get a whole turret/weapon kit build going that makes it more challenging.
    Engineers have a very broad arsenal of tools, but to be effective you have to dedicate yourself to one of those though.

Heres a tip for people who want to check other classes out and their potential outcome:

Open Hero pane -> go to PvP tab -> click Go to the mists.
    This will put your character in the PvP lobby of the mists. There you will be turned to 80 with all trait slots, weapon slot and utility skills available and active.
    You can then purchase any weapon of your choice at the vendor for no cost.
    There are target dummies within the lobby aswell, so you can try a trait build and/or test utility skills and weapons you like.
    In the Mists you are always allowed to reset your trait skills at any time for no cost, so you can just mess around with the build you like.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post

This will put your character in the PvP lobby of the mists. There you will be turned to 80 with all trait slots, weapon slot and utility skills available and active.
    here is a tip for you - he asked for levelling, and your char is really different with all that traits and stuff on 80 then on lower levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played a thief for a while in the beta (and a bit on live) and the points you're making can be easily used with a thief. I'll name off possibilities for you per your qualities of gameplay:

-Being fast. Yes, thieves have the signet with 25% movement speed. They also have Steal, which has a good range which puts you right next to your target. It'll probably be off CD every two mobs or so. Swiftness can be gained with the use of your rolls with a trait. Also, there is a trait skill that allows you to move 33% faster when stealthed (which I'll touch base on in the next bullet).
    -Burst. Thieves have it, possibly the best. With the 100% crit when stealthed trait skill, you can dagger/dagger and simply use Cloak and Dagger (5 spell) and Backstab (your 1 ability turns into it when stealthed) and damn near drop 'em dead. Add the power signet and it hits for 150% more damage on use.
    -AoE and Range. Things getting a bit hairy with a couple of mobs on you? Swap to your short bow. Its 1 skill bounces off of enemies, so you can deal damage to multiple mobs at once all the time without a CD. Line up a Cluster Bomb or the poison gas cloud for more AoE damage. Cluster Bomb can be detonated early if you're off target, so the intended targets still take some of the damage.
    -Survivability. While they can be easily pretty squishy with more than a mob or two on them, a thief's survivability can greatly increase with the above short bow option and kiting properly. Your most effective heal also stealths you, allowing you to retreat from combat if needed.

I personally prefer dagger/dagger with a short bow swap. Pistol/pistol is pretty good if you need to do some single target damage from range (fighting a silver+ mob) and sword/pistol is good for control (ability 3, Pistol Whip, does good damage and a stun).

I think that pretty much covers it all!

EDIT: For character information as to what I've leveled in the beta and such... Beta: 20 thief and elementalist. PvP'd with ranger, thief and necro extensively. Live: 80 necromancer, 9 thief but been PvPing with her for the past four or five days.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-09-07 at 10:21 AM.

there's only 5 characters slots? daaaamn that's a bit shitty, might just ask for game 10$ more and give players 8 slots... idiots

I love my warrior (which doesn't contribute to this topic at all, HAHA!)

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 06:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    there's only 5 characters slots? daaaamn that's a bit shitty, might just ask for game 10$ more and give players 8 slots... idiots
    You're in luck, you can pay just about that much and buy character slots from the gem store!

I use a thief with a caltrops build, which is very good at destroying everything quickly. With this build, the goal is to spread caltrops all over everything you are fighting, using both the skill and the trait that throws them every time you roll. Most of the time, I don't even need to use the roll to dodge and just use it for the caltrops.

I usually run with dagger/dagger and pistol/pistol (not a fan of the shortbow). I only use the pistols if being in melee range on a boss is too dangerous. The daggers have a skill where you jump over your enemies, hitting everything in your path 3 times and leaving a bleed on them. You also evade while doing this.

So between all the caltrops and the bleed from the daggers, its quite easy to get 15-20 stacks of a bleed on each enemy you fight. I find this build to be a lot of fun too, because unlike with the sword/pistol combo, you are constantly moving around your enemies, trying to get them to walk on your caltrops.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post

Heres a tip for people who want to check other classes out and their potential outcome:

You can then purchase any weapon of your choice at the vendor for no cost.
    There are target dummies within the lobby aswell, so you can try a trait build and/or test utility skills and weapons you like.
    In the Mists you are always allowed to reset your trait skills at any time for no cost, so you can just mess around with the build you like.
    Never did this, but I know what I am going to do during my downtime this weekend.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

here is a tip for you - he asked for levelling, and your char is really different with all that traits and stuff on 80 then on lower levels.
    Wrong. If you go into the Mists you are Maxed 80 with the best gear you can get. It only makes a difference if you go to WvW.

If you're bumped up to level 80 in the sPvP, it's the same thing if you're level 80 in PvE.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancer, having fun with my army.

Still wondering of the purpose of this kind of thread , who seems so easily open, asking opinion or taste of other people.
    I mean, who gives a damn? And over all, the taste is personal, does it matter if lucas ashrock likes a necro or not and why? So? Meh

Reason why its useful even for the purpose of checking for leveling:
    - All weapon skills are available so you can check out what set of weapons attracts you the most, using them in practice.
    You would otherwise have to find all available weapons and get their abilities activated.
    - Your secondary set of skills become available.
    For Elementalists you gain access to earth, lightning to try out stuff. As a Mesmer you gain more shatter options to test out.
    - You can check all traits in every tree and decide wich one you're going to put points into while you are leveling.
    They all have different choices, for example Engineers boost their rifle, their elixirs, their turrets, their toolbelt, their weapon set skills all seperately.
    Necromancers gain benefits to their Death Shroud, different weapon skills, different utility skills, siphon healing, pet management, etc. from different trait trees.

I did this to check out what i was going to level, just so i can figure out what profession felt right to me.
    For me, through testing this way i figured Guardians were the right choice for me to level because i enjoyed many of their weapon sets, utility skills and their choices available in their trait tree.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

I've leveled two Necromancers up to 50.

Yep.

My necro and elementalist are both around level 18. I like both, and they are similar. But the elementalist has more impressive looking spells, and a wide variety. However he is squishy and dies a lot. The necro has the pets, his spells are good. He survives much more. However I think the elementalist is probably more "fun" to play, as I seem to get bored more often on the necro.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I checked them all. I'm pretty sure they're all fun.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".