Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    so tell me people what IS an excceptable time table for updates. i mean with wow we got updates every 6monthe or MORE and yet i see ppl bitching that BW is not getting them out fast enough.

    I personally am very satisfied with the time table, i have plenty of FP HMS to run with 3 ops with 3 lvls of difficulty, though yes i am getting bored with them and now in bout nother month or so we are getting a NEW update with more stuff Op/WZ/something else. now if i do my math right thats 4 good updates within a 10month period FAR better than other MMos out there. (srry mods but im tired of seein that BW not doing it fast enough when ppl are just fine with the update pushes of other MMOs)

    OT i prolly will give MoP a =run through to 90 with a few of my old toons as i do miss them very much. I do not plan on giving too much attn to GW2 until i hear more about the PvE aspect since tats all im worried about atm

    though i AM bored with swtor as it is i STILL have a blast playing it and will continue my sub while subbing to wow for a few months as well.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 03:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebeetuna View Post
    I actually resubbed to WoW to check it out prior to MoP launching in a few weeks. I quit back in December when early access started in SWtOR. I feel like I wasted 15 bucks. The graphics feel extemely dated, even with all settings on ultra, and I don't think I can stomach another level grind followed by multiple reputation grinds followed by profession grind followed by a hamster wheel gear grind. From what I can tell there hasn't even been any new content added this whole time.

    The LFR and LFD feature still nurtures a rotten, whiny and entitled community and the BG /yell rage isn't much better.

    There was a time when I would have jumped all over it and eagerly devoured all the content Blizzard offered me but now I have convinced myself that I will not be playing MoP.
    well this puta a damper on my thoughts of going back to wow for a few months lol but ill still go back since i like the landscape so to speak.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 03:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Sounds like its nothing to do with swtor but the mmo genre as a whole that you need to get out of, if mop doesnt improve things then Ill likely not play an mmo for a long time. I just installed ToR ready for F2P and trying out the trial, its okay like you say graphics are pretty ropey but I love the VO and it feels safe to me, unike GW2 which felt completely wrong to me.
    cant agree with you more here, MMOs in general are all about the questing, grinding lvls, grinding gear and grind grind grind. but that is MMOs period it is all they can ever offer even if we do want more to it i dont think there is anything new that can be put into the genre that can revitalize it. that is very sad for me as i LOVE the RPG thing and MMOs make it more fun that i can do it with others and not just 1player thing. swtors VO and immersion really brought the game to life and made ppl feel like they were IN the story, but even for me with all 8 slots filled thats getting old very VERY fast and i LOVE the VO work.

    imo swtor will be the best MMO work to date, not the most subbed but the best WORK. yes it has flaws but as ALL of us here can see they are working those fixes as fast as possible and getting the game some of the polish it really needs.

    My friends we are in what i call the final stages of the MMO industries popularity, just as we have seen in other genres. it will still generate communities but just not the way it used to with such big communities

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Hrm... I thought that QA I posted had said that they were done with the current content and just waiting to release it.
    I meant they haven't said anything more exact on the date they will release things (like given us a date). Saying that it is ready to go they just aren't releasing it yet is almost worse too. It's like they are dangling a carrot out there saying they will eventually give it to us, but in the meantime people often get bored and go do something else.

  3. #63
    Bloodsail Admiral Caylis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Posts
    1,199
    I'll be back when it goes free to play... it was a decent enough game for a few months sub.. but really can;t justify paying more out to it.
    Awesome signature By Visenna - Thank you

  4. #64
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,845
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    so tell me people what IS an excceptable time table for updates. i mean with wow we got updates every 6monthe or MORE and yet i see ppl bitching that BW is not getting them out fast enough.
    They said 6 weeks. I don't remember where, I don't feel like pouring through these forums. But I remember hearing 1.5 months for content pushes. Obviously these will be more frequent,but smaller updates.

    As much fun as the Chevin thing was for 1 day, that kind of content won't cut it. It needs to be where they release one fp/op/wz/daily quests/personal story every 6 weeks for me.

    For example:
    1) Week 1- extended level cap, with story quests, and a new op.

    2) 6 weeks later- more story quests are added that lead into the new daily area.

    3) 6 weeks later- a new fp and wz are released.

    4) 6 weeks later we get story quest extensions

    5) rinse, repeat, randomize

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    They said 6 weeks. I don't remember where, I don't feel like pouring through these forums. But I remember hearing 1.5 months for content pushes. Obviously these will be more frequent,but smaller updates.

    As much fun as the Chevin thing was for 1 day, that kind of content won't cut it. It needs to be where they release one fp/op/wz/daily quests/personal story every 6 weeks for me.

    For example:
    1) Week 1- extended level cap, with story quests, and a new op.

    2) 6 weeks later- more story quests are added that lead into the new daily area.

    3) 6 weeks later- a new fp and wz are released.

    4) 6 weeks later we get story quest extensions

    5) rinse, repeat, randomize
    not such a bad idea and was repeated on official forums many a time but that kinda update time requires ALOOTA man power and right now BW just dont have it. and to be honest really think about it. we get updates with that kind of time frame how many bugs will be in each update and how many ppl will be bitching at BW for them.

    I am all for a 4mounth-6 update time frame because with their loss in manpower( and will continue when F2P goes live) it will give them time for internal then PTS testing and few ppl bitching that their content updates are so bug filled

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Don't feed it, it'll come back.

    "never taken any players" should have been a clue.

    Don't worry about it though. I've made similar mistakes in the past.
    im not trolling

    yes swtor at the start would have had players move over and try it, im not saying that no one quit wow over swtor, i for one quit wow for swtor at that start.

    what im saying is, over the course of the Q1 and Q2 numbers calls, WoW stayed the same and swtor lost players, when WoW did lose a chuck of players, so did swtor.

    WoWs sub numbers will grow at the start of MoP that is just plan fact, like every other xpac they have put out, Swtor will keep losing numbers untill f2p hits then it will start to pick up, as ive heared more and more people say that at the moment there is no point in paying for a sub untill free to play, the reward doesnt out weigh the cost.

  7. #67
    what im saying is, over the course of the Q1 and Q2 numbers calls, WoW stayed the same and swtor lost players, when WoW did lose a chuck of players, so did swtor.
    Both games lost players during all of the calls. Do not make this a Game vs Game debate.

  8. #68
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,630
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    What do you guys think - Do we need to be scared of Sep25, launch date of MoP?
    I would really hate if ppl go back, since population on servers looks good and stable now. Most of it I would hate my guild to fall apart.

    Any predictions?
    Wait, you're actually worried about people leaving when MoP comes out? Its an online game, migrations happen. Not to mention that most of those who were going to leave, like me, have already left. Multiple times even. TOR has already had its exodus and those still playing are those who like it enough as it is to keep playing. If TSW and GW2 have not changed it much, then I doubt MoP will either. I got the impression that most of those still playing TOR, after everything that's happened, are the ones who actually like the game.

  9. #69
    Scarab Lord namelessone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    4,196
    I'm sitting here waiting for SWTOR to go free. If they do it as they promised - I will even come back, despite MoP and GW2. I really want to finish the story.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wait, you're actually worried about people leaving when MoP comes out? Its an online game, migrations happen. Not to mention that most of those who were going to leave, like me, have already left. Multiple times even. TOR has already had its exodus and those still playing are those who like it enough as it is to keep playing. If TSW and GW2 have not changed it much, then I doubt MoP will either. I got the impression that most of those still playing TOR, after everything that's happened, are the ones who actually like the game.
    I agree with you. I play Sw:Tor since the release and i love the game and the community too. Im a casual player, and im lvling my 3rd toon atm, the class storys are awesome! As a pvp player, i can tell that the pvp in Sw:Tor are pretty good too, love Huttball matches. About pve cant tell much, only have done some fp's in the lvling.

  11. #71
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    11,845
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    that kinda update time requires ALOOTA man power and right now BW just dont have it. and to be honest really think about it. we get updates with that kind of time frame how many bugs will be in each update and how many ppl will be bitching at BW for them.
    It doesn't require anymore resources than the game already uses. It just takes proper planning and work, instead of flying by the seat of their pants. It should only take 1 day of meetings with the whole development team to implement a clear plan of where they will go in 6 months. The next 5 weeks and 6 days would be used to actually develop and implement that.

    If all of their employees can't use already existing assets to create some quests and a new daily hub in 5 weeks and 6 days, PLUS have extra time to start working on the larger projects (wz,fp,op) then they all need to be fired and the game needs to be shut down. I'm pretty sure with level editing software I could create something similar in a matter of hours.

    People can argue that none of us are programmers or know how the industry works, but it's all bullshit. I'm tired of making excuses for software companies. I've tried to defend them over and over. They aren't curing cancer.

    If these companies can't produce content in a timely manner it comes down to two things really. Poor infrastructure of the game and poor management. Period.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    If these companies can't produce content in a timely manner it comes down to two things really. Poor infrastructure of the game and poor management. Period.
    about the lack of content coming out of swtor.

    1: I really feel like victory point BW should have gotten to know themselves during the 5 years of development. Well enough to gauge how quickly they can put out content. They over estimated their ability to do so about 3 times so far. And I think the 4th is their most recent "once we go free to play you will see content every 2 months" sort of estimate. That, I feel, is not going to happen.

    2: Remember when swtor announced they would be a subscription model and Casey shriner just shook his head in disappointment, almost a year and a half ago? This transition from subscription to F2P is always going to be painful. Once the transition is done, it will get a little better. But the game should have been either B2P or F2P from the start. Or F2P with a preorder package that came with a hat and some potions for like 10 extra bucks. Anything. That way, people don't look at the 4 month lull between major content patches and say "Gee. That cost me 60 dollars?". Launching with a sub was silly.

    3: They should have launched with some features. Dps meter? Eh. I don't care about that. Group finder? Yeah. That's important. Cross server pvp? Yeah, people might dislike it but they dislike queues more. Still waiting on paid/free server transfers. Still. Wheres power auras? Click to heal is debatable but I don't mind it.

    4: Pvp. Its pretty great but... Only 8v8? What about 2v2? 4v4? 6v6v? 16v16? World? Where's the headway being made on diversifying pvp? They are adding another 8v8 warzone. And that's okay. But its still is just 8v8.

    They could easily make smaller/larger scale warzones USING THE EXISTING ASSETS.

    I don't know.

    Something is very wrong with how this is progressing. Such a great 1-50 experience, good pvp mechanics... Potential. It's still there. There's just nothing happening.

    oh and another thing. Duel spec?
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-09-10 at 04:17 PM.
    Lv40 (Firefall) Dragonfly, Mammoth, Nighthawk, Arsenal
    Lv50 (FF14) Paladin, Warrior (Swtor) Agent, Warrior, Knight, Inquisitor, Trooper, Consular, Smuggler, Hunter
    Lv60 (NWO) Rogue, Fighter, Wizard, Guardian, Cleric (Rift) Rogue
    Lv80/85 (GW2) Thief (WoW) Rogue, Mage, Priest, Hunter, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight, Paladin, Druid, Shaman

  13. #73
    High Overlord Crimsonfiend76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebeetuna View Post
    I actually resubbed to WoW to check it out prior to MoP launching in a few weeks. I quit back in December when early access started in SWtOR. I feel like I wasted 15 bucks. The graphics feel extemely dated, even with all settings on ultra, and I don't think I can stomach another level grind followed by multiple reputation grinds followed by profession grind followed by a hamster wheel gear grind. From what I can tell there hasn't even been any new content added this whole time.

    The LFR and LFD feature still nurtures a rotten, whiny and entitled community and the BG /yell rage isn't much better.

    There was a time when I would have jumped all over it and eagerly devoured all the content Blizzard offered me but now I have convinced myself that I will not be playing MoP.

    assuming one hasnt been hiding under a rock for the last 10 months, it was well known patch 4.3 would be the last content released prior to 5.0 back on aug. 28th. that said, i agree with the other post that perhaps you are just burnt out w/mmo's in general, because your criticisms are not exclusive to WoW.

    back when i first subbed to swtor back in late jan., i swore i was going to permanently walk away from WoW, and up until mid august i did. in the end i missed friends / guildies, and as the content grew stale i was the last holdover from said WoW guild that was actively playing swtor. hearing the new 5.0 patch was going live a couple weeks later and would include account-wide mounts, achievs, new talent system, etc., was the clincher for me. i still have my swtor sub going, but honestly if new content isnt released by the time i hit 90, i have serious doubts i'll be back at all despite how much i loved playing. ...oh yeah, that and all the bullshit maintenance (late-night west coast player) several times a week, or least whenever i'd happen to login only to get server shutdown notice.

  14. #74
    My guess is that GW2 will have made a bigger impact, simply because it will draw those interested in PvP and it's just so superior to anything else in that regard.

    People who play primarily to raid have likely already prioritized Rift and/or WoW, as either offers a superior raid game.

    I actually don't foresee a huge change on 9/25; I'm guessing remaining players simply prefer the IP.
    Top tier 25M progression raiding on 12 hours per week.
    http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/
    US 15th Garrosh - US 19th Ra-den ** US 19th Sha of Fear

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    My guess is that GW2 will have made a bigger impact, simply because it will draw those interested in PvP and it's just so superior to anything else in that regard.

    People who play primarily to raid have likely already prioritized Rift and/or WoW, as either offers a superior raid game.

    I actually don't foresee a huge change on 9/25; I'm guessing remaining players simply prefer the IP.
    Not huge, but I do see a small dip. Many people are kind of angry at the fact that the 1.4 gear is just a simple recolor of the Campaign gear from 1.2. It just gives off that lazy, arrogant attitude BioWare has had all this time.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    My guess is that GW2 will have made a bigger impact, simply because it will draw those interested in PvP and it's just so superior to anything else in that regard.

    People who play primarily to raid have likely already prioritized Rift and/or WoW, as either offers a superior raid game.

    I actually don't foresee a huge change on 9/25; I'm guessing remaining players simply prefer the IP.
    I really don't get why people love GW2 pvp, the combat is terrible and WvWvW is a messy zerg. I much prefer SWTOR PVP and will happily be subbed just for that yet I also get great story and fun operations. It's an easy choice for me which one I'll play. I'm not even sure if I'll try out MOP, pretty much over WoW and would rather some spare time to smash out some single player games like Baldur's Gate EE and UFO Enemy Unknown that will be out soon.

  17. #77
    I have to agree here.
    don't get me wrong, I'd probably die of joy if they brought ilum back and it would be even half as good as GW2's WvWvW. but lets be fair here, people: is one huge warzone really that much better than 4 small warzones + open world pvp?
    not to mention that I also prefer SWTOR combat, but I wont count that in since its probably based on personal preferences.

    pvp is one of SWTORS best parts, has always been, and personall I dont see GW2 is really better there, if at all, with its lack of open pvp and only 1 huge battleground

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    I really don't get why people love GW2 pvp, the combat is terrible and WvWvW is a messy zerg.
    I won't delve into great detail about the game, but some high points:

    - realms have guild alliances and organizations; if you're not aware of the strategy/tactics, then it will seem zergy (the larger/stronger ones had been planned before launch)
    - the game engine was built from the ground up for mass PvP (think the exact opposite of early Ilum in terms of the game handling dozens of people)
    - the 'classes' (they're called something else) were designed from the ground up for PvP (i.e. no holy trinity, all have some healing/survival capability, all have some ranged etc.)

    There is also sPvP, which resembles BGs/Arenas.

    Don't get me wrong, the game has negatives -- the personal stories, although they exist, are not of the same quality as SWTOR, and there is no raiding (and the dungeons are pretty punishing -- again, no holy trinity), but if your interest is *purely* PvP, then it has a pretty unique offering. If you prefer your PvP in a sci-fi setting or don't care for realm vs. realm style prolonged battles (I can see how some wouldn't) or if you simply prefer it in the SW universe, then it obviously won't appeal. Anyways, time will tell.
    Last edited by Vulgrym; 2012-09-11 at 01:21 PM.
    Top tier 25M progression raiding on 12 hours per week.
    http://www.temerityofwindrunner.com/
    US 15th Garrosh - US 19th Ra-den ** US 19th Sha of Fear

  19. #79
    hi
    i am a SWTOR enthusiast but MoP Will crush the server population on 26 september !
    people will not be able to play the first day so i think the population in SWTOR will fall dramaticly.
    Also the world top guilds that left wow in cataclysm are comeing bakc to MoP


    Infracted: Post constructively or not at all.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-09-12 at 05:57 PM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrym View Post
    I won't delve into great detail about the game, but some high points:

    - realms have guild alliances and organizations; if you're not aware of the strategy/tactics, then it will seem zergy (the larger/stronger ones had been planned before launch)
    - the game engine was built from the ground up for mass PvP (think the exact opposite of early Ilum in terms of the game handling dozens of people)
    - the 'classes' (they're called something else) were designed from the ground up for PvP (i.e. no holy trinity, all have some healing/survival capability, all have some ranged etc.)

    There is also sPvP, which resembles BGs/Arenas.

    Don't get me wrong, the game has negatives -- the personal stories, although they exist, are not of the same quality as SWTOR, and there is no raiding (and the dungeons are pretty punishing -- again, no holy trinity), but if your interest is *purely* PvP, then it has a pretty unique offering. If you prefer your PvP in a sci-fi setting or don't care for realm vs. realm style prolonged battles (I can see how some wouldn't) or if you simply prefer it in the SW universe, then it obviously won't appeal. Anyways, time will tell.

    I understand all of this as I have GW2, I just think the PVP is a major let down. SWTOR PVP is easily as good on the small scale, Ilum failed for the same reasons that WvWvW fails and that is that it's just huge groups running around and using aoe/ranged attacks (though obviously Ilum lagged a lot and GW2 is pretty smooth)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •