Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    You will find that players who play that many games are a minority. MoP will have an impact, on SWToR, GW2, D3..everything. WoW's strong point is that it can make -people go back and try, wow expansion is a big deal even tho cata was crap.
    The point is will SWToR and others be able to lure the people back. Especially in case of SWToR who has had tons of bad press and has been written off by over half its playerbase from start till now.

    I would love for SWToR to do well, it would be great for the genre to have competition but at this stage I think the only game releasing good content , on time is Rift. SWToR has a lot to prove. many people gave the game a try, it's the game who failed the people. SWToR has to bring a patch to compete with an entire expansion worth of wow content, it is not an easy feat especially since MoP does seem to have a decent amount of content. One raid or a couple of BG will not compete with MoP.

    And before you call me wow fanboy, I am not buying MoP till I see how long it takes for blizz to bring out first patch and how much content it contains.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-25 at 01:29 AM ----------



    A year of ICC did not do much damage actually, cata went on to be the highest selling PC game till it was overthrown by D3. Most people loved wotlk because so much content like ulduar, icc etc had such great re-playability
    I disagree, it may not have made ppl quit right away. Ppl were on a ICC hangover and when Cata wasn't the best thing since the wheel they quit. ICC left a sour taste in ppls mouth that Cata just couldn't wash out.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:10 PM ----------

    I can say this I saw some youtube videos of the RWZ group I ran with yesterday and I almost reactivated my account. Sadly there just isn't enough time in the day and too many conflicting times. If wed 7pm to 10 wasnt so damn popular for everything it might be doable.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I disagree, it may not have made ppl quit right away. Ppl were on a ICC hangover and when Cata wasn't the best thing since the wheel they quit. ICC left a sour taste in ppls mouth that Cata just couldn't wash out.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-24 at 11:10 PM ----------

    I can say this I saw some youtube videos of the RWZ group I ran with yesterday and I almost reactivated my account. Sadly there just isn't enough time in the day and too many conflicting times. If wed 7pm to 10 wasnt so damn popular for everything it might be doable.
    ICC was good enough to make people come back and give cata a go, sadly SWToR had never had anythign that compares to Cata (or wotlk) sales. They should be trying at least as hard as Rift, which they clearly are not.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I disagree, it may not have made ppl quit right away. Ppl were on a ICC hangover and when Cata wasn't the best thing since the wheel they quit. ICC left a sour taste in ppls mouth that Cata just couldn't wash out.
    I think that you're giving ICC a little too much credit here. The reason people quit was because Cata wasn't great, not because ICC was around for forever. I mean, how many guilds had taken out LK on H10? How many had taken him out on H25? Not a lot. Certainly not even close to the number who have taken down H DS. I'm sure that some people got burned out, but even during the content lull between ICC and Cata, you saw an increase in subs. That has to say something.

  4. #124
    ​Keep in mind that this thread is about SWTOR, and not WoW. Just a reminder!

  5. #125
    Legendary! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    6,002
    Well it's "the day," though I didn't buy it. Anyone noticing a difference population wise?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well it's "the day," though I didn't buy it. Anyone noticing a difference population wise?
    Nope. Multiple fleets all day. Planets are still full.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Well it's "the day," though I didn't buy it. Anyone noticing a difference population wise?
    I don't know about TOR, but on Rift, I saw an increase in player activity on my realm.

  8. #128
    I didnt't even see anyone talking about WoW and republic fleet had almost 2 full instances.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I don't know about TOR, but on Rift, I saw an increase in player activity on my realm.
    because the people who currently play SW:tOR and Rift are the ones who want to play those games. I just left WoW. Wife and I NOT going to play. Our AP runs out in about a month. I uninstalled the other day, she is still clearing out our gbanks on two servers through the AH, and once that is done, she will uninstall as well. We may go back one day ... but, for now, we LOVE SW:tOR, Tera, and would go back to Rift before WoW ... because we don't like the bureaucracy WoW has become. They are so large, once they do something, they have a hard time stopping and turning around. They aren't dedicating the resources to major changes such as CRZ like they should, or handling the massive negativity some realms experienced, especially ones that ended up dedicated to communities that get a lot of hate outside of it (read the Proudmore complaint, they had a LBGT based community, and now they are dealing with a TON of harassment, they didn't have prior), or just ruined the experience THEY were willing to pay for. Not to mention they claim 'scenarios are for story telling' but they put no effort to tell a story, or infuse it with the lore it is based around.


    SW is nice. I've seen a few people trolling, saying the game sucks because they don't have dual spec, and any comment about 'repseccing isn't difficult, and its cost isn't bad considering how easy it is to earn credits' just gets 'your argument is illogical fallacy' ... and NOTHING else. Who knows why they pay 15/mo to talk shit ... must be really bored. I know when I didn't like how SW customer service treated me, my wife and I unsubbed, and we asked questions before resubbing, and was treated with respect, so we gave it another shot and are very happy we did.

    People should play what they like, and I'm happy that nearly all the current SW and Tera communities do enjoy the game, despite minor bugs or inconveniences.

    F2P scares me. I don't want to lose the community to a bunch of trolls who log in just because it is free. That goes for if Tera ever goes F2P as well. Let the trolls stay in the bloated game please.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    F2P scares me. I don't want to lose the community to a bunch of trolls who log in just because it is free. That goes for if Tera ever goes F2P as well. Let the trolls stay in the bloated game please.
    I'm hoping general/trade chat is a limited feature for subscribers to combat this. I, too, never understood why people talk shit about SWtOR while they're sitting on the fleet. Don't like it, don't pay to play it.

    And I'm very glad BW actually took steps to combat low populations without waving a paid option in our faces and basically saying "deal with it or give me $25 per toon." $5 I could deal with, $25 is just ridiculous when you already have steep entrance fees and a paid sub.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    F2P scares me. I don't want to lose the community to a bunch of trolls who log in just because it is free. That goes for if Tera ever goes F2P as well. Let the trolls stay in the bloated game please.
    Eh. The trolls only stick around for the launch then get bored very quickly. To top it off, they RARELY make it past the low levels, so you never really have to deal with them if you hit max level.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Eh. The trolls only stick around for the launch then get bored very quickly. To top it off, they RARELY make it past the low levels, so you never really have to deal with them if you hit max level.
    Except you get to fleet at level 10 Anyways, trolls will be trolls. Ignore list exists for a reason!

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Except you get to fleet at level 10 Anyways, trolls will be trolls. Ignore list exists for a reason!
    Yeah. There are also a lot of ways to prevent that kind of trolling on the part of BioWare. It makes things a bit more restrictive but can be totally worth it.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Eh. The trolls only stick around for the launch then get bored very quickly. To top it off, they RARELY make it past the low levels, so you never really have to deal with them if you hit max level.
    Yeah, I noticed the trolling in LoTRO wasn't too bad about 6 months after F2P hit. Usually you get a good amount of trolling at the beginning which will eventually trail off to being very limited. Be prepared to turn off general and/or trade for a while.

  15. #135
    hmm i beleive that is true

  16. #136
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    UK - North East England
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    F2P scares me. I don't want to lose the community to a bunch of trolls who log in just because it is free. That goes for if Tera ever goes F2P as well. Let the trolls stay in the bloated game please.
    I agree I am also a litle concerned about how ftp will affect the community and hope there isn't an influx of trolls and wasters.
    However on the flip side I hope the existing community don't tar all ftp new comers with the same brush but are welcoming and helpful to those who may have little or no experience of MMOs but genuinely want to learn and enjoy the game. I fear there may be a defensive over-reaction (or dare I say it...even an elitist attitude) by some sections of the existing community towards any new ftp players.

  17. #137
    I believe SW:TOR's population has largely stabilized. This doesn't mean that there won't be more people leaving, but unless BioWare really screws up, I can't see the population dropping off a cliff.

  18. #138
    Well its a few days after, and there has been zero noticeable change in the population on my server. If anything there was a BIG increase with 1.4.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

  19. #139
    Wow won't pull much from other games anymore, the only time wow crushed other games was during burning crusade when blizzard made games for gamers still. Burning crusade admittedly was my crack, was totally addicted, it's a good thing they dumbed down wow like they did otherwise I would still be trying to juggle a full time job, excersise, family and raid leading.

    I would of loved to have seen SWTOR follow the BC endgame raiding model, linear progress with more content instead of making a brain dead, normal and nightmare modes. These easy modes just kill the epicness of true content progression. I loved SWTOR until endgame and then I realised it copied the same failed raiding model wow has now.

  20. #140
    Once their F2P model launches I'm sure SWTOR will see a large increase in a number of players. Me being one of them. I refuse to pay for 2 subscription but once SWTOR is f2p I'll be on the game a lot. It seems pretty fun. And I'm a HUGE star wars fan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •