Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Hmm...I'm playing GW2 atm, am somewhat satisfied with it, but will be pushing the game off to the side nonetheless for MoP. Guild Wars 2 is still brand new, you can't possibly think that everyone that bought it is going to play that and nothing else, but given time people will change their minds about it. Plus, a lot of people bought it simply because it's B2P and had a lot of hype behind it rather than to all-out replace their current MMO.

    There is no doubt in my mind that WoW subs will shoot over 10 million again in early MoP, maybe not for long but for a quarter anyways, absolutely. Too many people still have interest in the game plus lots of time invested to not try it....and, face it, what has WoW offered in the past 8 months? Absolutely nothing new, nothing to do but crappy DS and with plenty of new games out of course people are going to stop playing, some permanently and some only temporarily. Plenty of people still like PvE encounters, for all the shit Blizzard gets with theirs, really their only rival as far as an quality endgame PvE goes is Rift, so people will certainly miss that and want to come back for that purpose.

    I personally don't give a shit which MMO gains/loses the most. The more competition, the better each will be as they try to outdo each other which can only make for better games, regardless of which one(s) you like. And as long as you enjoy the game you are playing and there are enough subs to sustain it, there really is no reason for you to care either.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-09-07 at 09:21 PM.

  2. #42
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    13,949
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Kittyvicious, did you actually see them say that or were you making a joke?
    There's another thread where several people mentioned Bioware was backing away from Novemeber, that it was EA who made that claim. Made it sound like Bioware knows they aren't ready. I don't remember which thread it was at the moment.

    Edit: Official Page still says "Fall". Technically that lasts through Dec.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2012-09-07 at 09:51 PM.

  3. #43
    No way wow subs shoot over 10 million ever again.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    No way wow subs shoot over 10 million ever again.
    This thread is not about WoW.

  5. #45
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    1,967
    People are already trickling back in from GW2. I think it will be about the same for MoP. I plan to play WoW exclusively till 90 then go back to primarily playing SWToR, while playing WoW casually like I do now. Hopefully some new content will be out by then.

  6. #46
    well i think the swtor numbers will take a hit and depending on how well MoP preforms the numbers will either return or stay away till swtor goes F2P and people will play it for free next too WoW for casual fun.
    and what i seen of MoP so far, there is a good chance quite a number will leave swtor for mop.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    We have a lot of MMO's out atm, and the 3 bigs are WoW, Sw:Tor and gw2. But WoW its out since 2004, ofc he have more subs than Sw:Tor and gw2.
    Now, remember one thing, WoW is who lost players to Sw:Tor and gw2
    and who do you think sw lost its subs too? ( little hint GW2 was not out then)

  8. #48
    Lets not turn this into a Game vs Game debate. Consider this a friendly warning.

  9. #49
    Brewmaster Roxinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Invest in perks.

    One of my guildies has been averaging like 2 levels an hour by being a healer in lfg with the 30% exp perk for dungeons.
    had a gaurdian got it to 20 with full in wz fps and calss quest running hammerstation for the 800th time gets old just like every other fp in tor theres nothing new and exciting for leveling thats what drove me away i got my last 50 a sent and started to raid and it hit me whats the point its the same crap over and over and i cantr do it anymore EV/KP and Denova are old and lacking challenge now

  10. #50
    If f2p goes live in november Im sure the game will get a boost for loss of players, at least for a while since some people want to try out that story questing everyone was talking about. Since it's free to try many people will think, why not? If they keep flow of new playing people coming they probably will be stable, or increase the vet players through f2p time will tell and also depending on how well their f2p model works.
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I haven't heard anything indicating that they were edging away from the November release.
    They also haven't firmed it up at all since then, which considering their history over the last year is probably making people antsy.

    Personally I think numbers will keep getting softer until they put the new content in. I had thought they planned to launch the new stuff at the same time which at least would force people into making a choice, but since it's not even on the PTS yet that's not likely.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    They also haven't firmed it up at all since then, which considering their history over the last year is probably making people antsy.

    Personally I think numbers will keep getting softer until they put the new content in. I had thought they planned to launch the new stuff at the same time which at least would force people into making a choice, but since it's not even on the PTS yet that's not likely.
    Hrm... I thought that QA I posted had said that they were done with the current content and just waiting to release it.

  13. #53
    So... I dragged some WoW friends to swotor, we're happy with the game, not planning to go back to WoW.

    And as for people who ask what atracts players to swotor? The RP

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Marverick66 View Post
    So... I dragged some WoW friends to swotor, we're happy with the game, not planning to go back to WoW.

    And as for people who ask what atracts players to swotor? The RP
    + And the game being F2P. The game didn't turn out as expected hence the removal of the sub cost, so the game being more accessible and leaving no dents on your wallet is also extremely attractive.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    + And the game being F2P. The game didn't turn out as expected hence the removal of the sub cost, so the game being more accessible and leaving no dents on your wallet is also extremely attractive.
    Well I'm a bit torn about that to be fair, since the sub will still be there if you wish to enjoy the game to its fullest such as Ops and unlimited warzones/flashpoints and teleports from what I gathered from the website.

    I see it as a marketing move to attract new players to enjoy the game, basicly world fillers. Since the majority will be leveling most likely we'll see an increase of people to group up with on planets.

    I just hope that the general attitude whon't dissapear, I really enjoy the general adult attitude on my server. Something you really don't see that often in other games... There are usually a few wannabe trolls trying to be funny.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    + And the game being F2P. The game didn't turn out as expected hence the removal of the sub cost, so the game being more accessible and leaving no dents on your wallet is also extremely attractive.
    I am finding it hard to call swtor F2P.

    They will be raising the level cap as they implement the free to 50 so... Its more like an extension of the trial version.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  17. #57
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,249
    Personally playing GW2 and yes i did replace WoW for it, and ill be keeping a sub on SWTOR because im a fan of the IP.
    SWTOR is in a much better state than it was when it released, no reason why i can't play both.
    That said my sub on SWTOR ill only be there if the updates with new stuff are acceptable , time wise, if they drop the ball and update new stuff every 4 months , ill be using the F2P option when it comes out.

    Edit: I have also already paid for Torchlight 2 so i'll be checking that out while SWTOR is on content draught.
    Last edited by Razael; 2012-09-09 at 02:01 AM.

  18. #58
    I actually resubbed to WoW to check it out prior to MoP launching in a few weeks. I quit back in December when early access started in SWtOR. I feel like I wasted 15 bucks. The graphics feel extemely dated, even with all settings on ultra, and I don't think I can stomach another level grind followed by multiple reputation grinds followed by profession grind followed by a hamster wheel gear grind. From what I can tell there hasn't even been any new content added this whole time.

    The LFR and LFD feature still nurtures a rotten, whiny and entitled community and the BG /yell rage isn't much better.

    There was a time when I would have jumped all over it and eagerly devoured all the content Blizzard offered me but now I have convinced myself that I will not be playing MoP.

  19. #59
    Legendary! draykorinee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ciderland, arrgh.
    Posts
    6,743
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebeetuna View Post
    I actually resubbed to WoW to check it out prior to MoP launching in a few weeks. I quit back in December when early access started in SWtOR. I feel like I wasted 15 bucks. The graphics feel extemely dated, even with all settings on ultra, and I don't think I can stomach another level grind followed by multiple reputation grinds followed by profession grind followed by a hamster wheel gear grind. From what I can tell there hasn't even been any new content added this whole time.

    The LFR and LFD feature still nurtures a rotten, whiny and entitled community and the BG /yell rage isn't much better.

    There was a time when I would have jumped all over it and eagerly devoured all the content Blizzard offered me but now I have convinced myself that I will not be playing MoP.
    Sounds like its nothing to do with swtor but the mmo genre as a whole that you need to get out of, if mop doesnt improve things then Ill likely not play an mmo for a long time. I just installed ToR ready for F2P and trying out the trial, its okay like you say graphics are pretty ropey but I love the VO and it feels safe to me, unike GW2 which felt completely wrong to me.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    + And the game being F2P. The game didn't turn out as expected hence the removal of the sub cost, so the game being more accessible and leaving no dents on your wallet is also extremely attractive.
    eh, the F2P will be similar to EQ2, LotRO, etc; you won't be able to fully play it without the sub fee, so lets not jump to conclusions, just yet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •