Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phlover View Post
    hi
    i am a SWTOR enthusiast but MoP Will crush the server population on 26 september !
    people will not be able to play the first day so i think the population in SWTOR will fall dramaticly.
    Also the world top guilds that left wow in cataclysm are comeing bakc to MoP
    Lol..
    Its ur opinion, but i dont think MoP will crush Sw:Tor because the ppl who are playing will gonna continue...And why u only say that gonna crush Sw:tor ?
    Seriously, if MoP gonna take players from others games i think the majority gonna be from gw2...

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Wrong! How could u say that ? You know the reasons of all players ? I think not..
    I changed WoW by Sw:Tor in Dec 2011 and i dont gonna back to WoW anymore, played too many years WoW and cant play anymore..WoW became very easy and childish for me.

I totaly agree with you.

This entire thread is based off the idea that swtor's demographic has significant overlap with mist of panderia.

One has kunfu pandas

and the other has rape, forced child labor and imprisonment, and constant murder.

I think the main thing they have in common is that they are both everquest type mmos.

That's where the similarities, pretty much, end.

I think if swtor is going to lose players is going to be PVE players to rift and PVP players to Gw2.

Sure, some to WoW but I think most the WoW players stopped a few months ago.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    This entire thread is based off the idea that swtor's demographic has significant overlap with mist of panderia.

One has kunfu pandas

and the other has rape, forced child labor and imprisonment, and constant murder.

I think the main thing they have in common is that they are both everquest type mmos.

That's where the similarities, pretty much, end.

I think if swtor is going to lose players is going to be PVE players to rift and PVP players to Gw2.

Sure, some to WoW but I think most the WoW players stopped a few months ago.
    It has considerate overlap, same for GW2.

MMOs are mostly about gameplay than story, the story only goes so far, gameplay its forever, and whatever some like it or not WOW still has one of the best mmo gameplay in the industry even if the theme has gone childish and in generaly the comunity is horrible.

Most of my guild and friends will come back to WOW from GW2 and SWTOR but I predict that even tho MOP have good content it wont retain most ppl like before because burn out effect.

Its inevitable, Swtor lost a considerable chunck to D3, then server "mergers" fixed it, lost another chunck with GW2 even with merged servers and will to MOP, its up to Bioware to win those back again after they get the burn-out effect and realize its the same gear threadmill just now with pandas instead of dragons.

The paradigm of MMO has changed imo, subs from now on gona be won on content and this also applies to D3 and Gw2 because even if they dont have subs they generate profit from ppl playing of RMAH and Gw2 RMshop so they need active ppl. In the end for us consumers this is great it creates real competition and makes developers work they ass off, the effects are already visible D3 had in 1.04 a good patch with paragon and soon with Uber bosses, Gw2 devs came out in public saying they will prontly make updates, Blizzard said they want patches much quicker out in MOP, and in Bioware said that they will roll out stuff every month or so.
    Last edited by Hellfury; 2012-09-16 at 04:16 AM.

I just looked at the server status page for EU server at a primetime sunday evening and the situation is just sad. Zero full servers, one heavy, 10 standard and 50+ light servers. Really hoped they would keep this game going to continue the stories but this thing seems as dead as a dodo now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    I just looked at the server status page for EU server at a primetime sunday evening and the situation is just sad. Zero full servers, one heavy, 10 standard and 50+ light servers. Really hoped they would keep this game going to continue the stories but this thing seems as dead as a dodo now.
    That's what happens when you don't add enough stuff to your game.

Its also why wow, gw2, and rift are all promising more/faster content in the future.

WoW went from just under 12 million players to just under 9 million over the course of icc through cata. People aren't up for waiting 9+ months for content.

Swtor, in order for it to have done better than it did, should have managed its time more effectively.

edit: To be clear. Adding a warzone and a raid is okay... if you pair it up with fluff. Like improving the codex system to make it more achievement based, expanding crafting, adding different warzone sizes using shrunken maps and the same assets, making dynamic events, fixing ilum rather than shutting it down, adding an artifact system like rift, adding social crap.

editedit: Also, like those 50 light server are going to be shut down soon, just so you know.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2012-09-16 at 09:01 PM.

I don't think MoP will have much of an impact on tor
    anyone that wanted to leave already left at this point

I quit WoW a few months before swtor came out, a friend of mine sent me the scroll of res to come back and check it out.

The content was the same as when I left, literally nothing new had been added. My gear, both PvE and PvP were still very much usable, in fact my PvP gear was better than a lot of players I saw in the BG's. Ahhh, the BG's - My main is a death knight and the frost spec has always been fairly faceroll but I was absolutely amazing at how bad it is now. I was in the top 3 for damage done in the BG's and for one game I literally only used two abilities. That's not me exhagerating, I used no cooldown abilities only frost strike and howling blast and I was still in the top 3. It's hilarious to me swtor fans are foaming at the mouth about content when there have been major content patches released in addition to numerous quality of life and world events and then you have WoW using the same content for over a year.

The other part I found shocking was the character creation, I got a free level 80 with the scroll so I went to create a belf paladin, i cycled through all the faces and I was strugging to see any difference, it was bad. When I looked at the state of the game and how blizzard were happy to leave it stagnant for that length of time, combined with the "difficulty" of playing my class, the dumbed down talent trees - and I could go on here - i just decided to uninstall the game again and chalk it up and done.

I'm suspecting many players who go back to sample MoP will end with the same impressions, in fact every single player I know who still plays wow does it purely because of the relationships they have with people who play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    I quit WoW a few months before swtor came out, a friend of mine sent me the scroll of res to come back and check it out.

The content was the same as when I left, literally nothing new had been added. My gear, both PvE and PvP were still very much usable, in fact my PvP gear was better than a lot of players I saw in the BG's. Ahhh, the BG's - My main is a death knight and the frost spec has always been fairly faceroll but I was absolutely amazing at how bad it is now. I was in the top 3 for damage done in the BG's and for one game I literally only used two abilities. That's not me exhagerating, I used no cooldown abilities only frost strike and howling blast and I was still in the top 3. It's hilarious to me swtor fans are foaming at the mouth about content when there have been major content patches released in addition to numerous quality of life and world events and then you have WoW using the same content for over a year.

The other part I found shocking was the character creation, I got a free level 80 with the scroll so I went to create a belf paladin, i cycled through all the faces and I was strugging to see any difference, it was bad. When I looked at the state of the game and how blizzard were happy to leave it stagnant for that length of time, combined with the "difficulty" of playing my class, the dumbed down talent trees - and I could go on here - i just decided to uninstall the game again and chalk it up and done.

I'm suspecting many players who go back to sample MoP will end with the same impressions, in fact every single player I know who still plays wow does it purely because of the relationships they have with people who play the game.
    This.

Its not WoW that swtor has to worry about. Its every other game.

Wow is a horrible game now. Why would I be worried about a horrible game releasing another bad expansion?

Warning: Please no game bashing. This type of comment will only lead down a very long and tiring path.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-09-17 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had thought about buying MoP at one point but Cataclysm, Starcraft II, and Diablo III showed me that Blizzard just doesn't make games I like to play anymore. Its nothing personal. Their games just don't line up with my preferences anymore. I would never even have started posting on this site if it wasn't one of the only places left where you could have an active discussion about TOR.

I'm sure many folks will love MoP. I'm sure my kids would even love it. I'm just not one of them.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

SWTOR will lose some players to everything coming out, more important for Bioware and EA is that they add good reasons for people to come back. D3 was interesting for a few weeks but in this time, Bioware didn't add something catchy so the people already separated from SWTOR are going to give GW2 a try and so on. SWTOR is a good game but instead of promising they have to deliver... and fast.

Server populations are going to skyrocket. That is an upside but it will take BW some time to do a little tweaking on daily questing areas.

Evening if lowering the phase population a little so a new area is spawned earlier I don't think it will make up for some areas of the game. There will have to be some changes to them and of course new areas created with such a larger population.

but even if I'm changing servers for a second time, it's exciting to see the changes that are coming.

Now I can only hope BW can keep up the pace of development on the software backbone side, quality of life additions but also actual content to play.

After this long, I have to stick around just to see how it all turns out. It's good game and I see so much more potential.

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Don't think so, people that wanted to leave already left.
    No we haven't, why would we go to WoW to sit in the boring 5.04?

They might have to merge pairs of 2 of their new mega servers once MoP hits or something, because I'm sure alot of people are jumping ship

Now, remember one thing, WoW is who lost players to Sw:Tor and gw
    That's only a result of Blizzard having mercy on them by letting their game sit on the same (candidate for worst patch of all time) patch for 9 months straight. Of course we would leave if that's the situation....

If Blizzard was faster with new content patches and expansions the MMO market might actually be totally crippled for other games
    Last edited by WaitingforMoP; 2012-09-18 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    No we haven't, why would we go to WoW to sit in the boring 5.04?

They might have to merge pairs of 2 of their new mega servers once MoP hits or something, because I'm sure alot of people are jumping ship
    Since one of the major past times in swtor is to shit on wow in /1 I'm not so sure.

Content updates in Swtor v Wow which I saw being brought up comparing it on updates alone Wow's updates are around ever six months but always add endgame content iirc, while swtor has had 3 patches in 10 months with 1 real content update. Legacy and Feature updates should have been in place at launch.

Also people talking about sub numbers SWTOR is in the FFXI range of subs atm, which has been retaining people longer then Wow has been out by awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Since one of the major past times in swtor is to shit on wow in /1 I'm not so sure.
    Oh sure, it's just like how most people would talk shit about their ex'es but really run right back to them in a heartbeat if the chance came up.

They're temporarily disgruntled but they know they love it, unless SWTOR moves on to 1.4 soon people are going to get as bored with it as I got with Cataclysm being on 4.3 for too long (The feeling is pretty close at this point, 3 Ops, 4 WZs, once you get a char to 50 you can be totally bored of it in 2 weeks) and then they will move, back to their ex-mmo lol

I'm going to be taking a long break once MoP is released. And I know many others in my guild are going to be doing the same thing. I've been off and on with both games but I know many people that have been away from WoW for months and are planning on resubbing once MoP drops.

Hopefully it won't hurt too bad though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforMoP View Post
    Oh sure, it's just like how most people would talk shit about their ex'es but really run right back to them in a heartbeat if the chance came up.

They're temporarily disgruntled but they know they love it, unless SWTOR moves on to 1.4 soon people are going to get as bored with it as I got with Cataclysm being on 4.3 for too long (The feeling is pretty close at this point, 3 Ops, 4 WZs, once you get a char to 50 you can be totally bored of it in 2 weeks) and then they will move, back to their ex-mmo lol
    I think your analogy of running back to your Ex is a good one.....most often though people wouldn't run back to thier Ex through love, it is more likely they would go back because of a feeling of familiarity and comfort also they know how thier Ex ticks so it is pretty much a sure thing! All TOR (as the new gf) needs to do is fix her hair and put on a bit of lippy and people will stay.
    On a personal note I would only run back to my Ex if I had a claw hammer in my hand...and I'm not talking WoW any more

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    so tell me people what IS an excceptable time table for updates.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%2...ontent_updates

I'll just leave that there for you.

Infracted: Post constructively or not at all. You've had plenty of warnings.
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-09-18 at 08:32 PM.