Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is this a forum they will read? Is this really the place? Or are you just whining where you know someone will hear?

Jokes aside, I agree with OP
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?
    X:"Echo?"
    Echo: "What?!"
    X: "Nothing"

Some genius decided it was a good idea to remove dedicated healing from a mmo and expected to still have competitive pve gameplay. Instead you get the obvious result of completely watered down boss fights that they can not make too hard or everyone dies.

It is simple math people:
    (Damage taken/time) + Heals incoming = Difficulty

The heals incoming cannot overtake the damage incoming taken over time or else the fight will literally be impossible. People seem to forget dedicated heals gave mmo devs a epic fuck ton of flexibility when making raid encounters.

Like Bill Clinton said. It is Arithmetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Some genius decided it was a good idea to remove dedicated healing from a mmo and expected to still have competitive pve gameplay. Instead you get the obvious result of completely watered down boss fights that they can not make too hard or everyone dies.

It is simple math people:
    (Damage taken/time) + Heals incoming = Difficulty

The heals incoming cannot overtake the damage incoming taken over time or else the fight will literally be impossible. People seem to forget dedicated heals gave mmo devs a epic fuck ton of flexibility when making raid encounters.

Like Bill Clinton said. It is Arithmetic.
    There's plenty of encounters in the game that require movement and timing, etc. That increases difficulty. No reason these world dragons can't extend that slightly, or at least add mechanics like was mentioned before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    what's the reason to do it then?
    After the Claw of Jormag fight, a vendor spawn with a big list of recipes and a gift to craft a legendary weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Armida View Post
    Is this a forum they will read? Is this really the place? Or are you just whining where you know someone will hear?

Jokes aside, I agree with OP
    I post here because all the other MMO/GW2 forums are blocked from work :P

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    There's plenty of encounters in the game that require movement and timing, etc. That increases difficulty. No reason these world dragons can't extend that slightly, or at least add mechanics like was mentioned before.
    This. There are SOME fights that actually have decent mechanics and rather unique ways of dealing damage and keeping fights interesting. However, most enemies in GW2 are just bland when it comes to combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnyboombat View Post
    These are the same people that cannot or will not press a single purple button in Dragon Soul LFR.
    A large contributing factor in me quitting WoW.

Let's try the raid finder! I don't know any of the tactics, but screw it. Piss most of the instance, get to ultraxion.

Ok, so I hit the button when he does the big twilight blast thing? Alright, simple stuff. Why is everyone dying? It's easy.

People are so stupid it's not even funny. I'm sick of this.

So I guess if I can kill Diessa giant without being knocked out once, I'm good for GW2 bosses, right?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    So I guess if I can kill Diessa giant without being knocked out once, I'm good for GW2 bosses, right?
    Maybe haha. I think it was bugged when I first fought him, he just insta-gibbed EVERYBODY. Corpses everywhere, it was terrifying, took literally 30 minutes to take down.

Deleted
    Depends. Key to beating the Diessa giant is by not standing in melee range. Most bosses in Story mode are piss easy, it's the trash that's murderous.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Let me start by saying that I love the amount of lore behind these bosses, as well as the stunning visuals accompanied by them, but I simply can't stand the actual boss fights against these monsters.
    Agree.

Same sentiments shared here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TduVf3rXQAs

Hopefully this feedback helps the game in future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Depends. Key to beating the Diessa giant is by not standing in melee range. Most bosses in Story mode are piss easy, it's the trash that's murderous.
    I fought him in Melee and didn't die though... The trick to Melee is to play Melee like you play in Demon Souls/Dark Souls, if big bad thing is about to fuck you up get out of the way!!

As for tequatil, idk why or how this happened (maybe enough people showed up to unlock it?) me slammed his hands into the ground and like 50 of those fucking bone whips came up between him and the walls and just destroyed all of us, like you'd dodge one to get hit by another and just be flung all over the place and land in all sorts of bad shit... Was the first (and only) time I saw tequatil win....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I fought him in Melee and didn't die though... The trick to Melee is to play Melee like you play in Demon Souls/Dark Souls, if big bad thing is about to fuck you up get out of the way!!

As for tequatil, idk why or how this happened (maybe enough people showed up to unlock it?) me slammed his hands into the ground and like 50 of those fucking bone whips came up between him and the walls and just destroyed all of us, like you'd dodge one to get hit by another and just be flung all over the place and land in all sorts of bad shit... Was the first (and only) time I saw tequatil win....
    It must've been bugged when I did it, I was ranging from 100+ ft away and every other time he stomped it shot out a huuuge AoE and killed me in one shot haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    It must've been bugged when I did it, I was ranging from 100+ ft away and every other time he stomped it shot out a huuuge AoE and killed me in one shot haha.
    Nah I always dodged to get away (I regen endurance so fast I use dodging to open and close gaps) so I probably evaded the stomp while retreating.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

The lack of epicness to me stems from the lack of a death penalty. What makes raids awesome IMO is the extreme value placed on survivability. The line between success or failure vs a well-tuned boss could very well depend on whether or not everyone is able to stay alive the whole fight. Everyone has to play their absolute best because one single death will mean failure.

In GW2 death is largely irrelevant, which greatly devalues the importance and thrill of staying alive.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Wait, you guys have killed Zhaitan already? That didn't take long :O
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I killed him with 2-h sword without ever going ranged. Does that count?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    I killed him with 2-h sword without ever going ranged. Does that count?
    Probably. He has a very clearly telegraphed slam that you can dodge and you MIGHT be able to eat one of them with high HP + Toughness, but it just levelled me completely on my necro whenever I got hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The lack of epicness to me stems from the lack of a death penalty. What makes raids awesome IMO is the extreme value placed on survivability. The line between success or failure vs a well-tuned boss could very well depend on whether or not everyone is able to stay alive the whole fight. Everyone has to play their absolute best because one single death will mean failure.

In GW2 death is largely irrelevant, which greatly devalues the importance and thrill of staying alive.
    yes, thats very good observation, they should scrap all that downstate thing completly, introduce new healing class (monk) and there's hope for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    In essence if you want to make a challenging encounter the number of players participating need to be capped since everything can be trivialized to nothing with infinite amount of players, world event bosses are just there to get easy access to gearing up.
    But they scale up with the numbers of players ?

Sorry, I don't play the game yet, I just lurk around the forums a little until I have more time on my hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it would be terribly too "hard" of a fight for the masses if they also used their bodies as weapons, as proper dragons should, forcing you to dodge (ideally, telegraphed) claw and tail swipes, so... I have to agree, this is a bad thing.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.