Deleted

How did you find your guild?

So I was playing wow for a long time until that guild broke up and I eventually quit. No one from wow moved to gw2 I've been running guildless since the release of the game most of the time (99%). I did try out one guild but they where flaming and causing drama in /g so left them fairly quick (found them in a local city advertising). But it's getting abit boring now. I play with a few friends on Underworld but I(we) would like to find a nice guild but I cba to guildhop to find one. The advertisement all looks good but how do you know your joining something you would like and call home and most of all how do you find it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember in WoW I found my best guilds by becoming friends with someone, and chatting/questing with them, ended up joining their guild, and stayed in there until Cata and the 2 GM's *Real Life Partners* quit the game. Which I also did.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Way back in WoW, found my current guild when I decided to make an anonymous Alliance alt to escape the constant drama and bickering in my Horde guild. Met some nice peeps and have stuck with them ever since.

Deleted
    I can't really speak for guild wars yet but on world of warcraft I spent probably 2 years raiding with a couple of different guilds and making friends from those, then the friends I had made across several years, people I had experience raiding with and had ended up meeting IRL formed a guild together and it was PERFECT for another 2 years. Until everyone quit WoW anyway :P

Finding a place that feels like "home" in a guild can be really tough, because obviously i can be hard to get on with everyone on the internet so you just have to hope for the best, find people you think are nice and have the same goals with and it may take a while to find a good place to settle but it'll be worth it when you do

On GW I've already made some friends, some from MMO, some from doing dynamic events with and a couple of people I've added to my friends list from pugging who seemed pretty cool. I'd say play the game and try to get to know people and find them that way... BUT if you want organised PvP or something more like that, then GW2Guru has a semi-decent recruitment forum, plus we have a recruitment sticky here at the top of the section.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guild I'm with now is a bunch of old friends from a DAoC server. I haven't played with them in a few years, so it's nice to physically play with them again as opposed to just trolling our forum. Not sure how to judge the quality of guild advertisements yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in WoW, my most recent guild, they were recruiting a DPS spot to fill before DS came out. They didn't have a rogue, and it was the raid for the rogue legendary. I inquired, was trialed vs another player (non-rogue, smoked him), and brought aboard after being asked if I'd be playing either SWTOR or GW2.

Currently in GW2, I'm in a guild with people I know from that guild on WoW and a couple of people I met on a private WoW server. We don't do anything fancy in particular. No drama to be had because we don't go mass inviting people, we don't recruit, it's just a guild of friends hanging with each other.

Deleted
    In wow i was running as a newbie through Goldshire and got a /w from a guy who asked to join his guild. Said why not?
    A month and a half later the GM quit and gave me leadership. With the help of some other player we build a social and relaxed enviroment and we made a name for ourself through the server. Was six years ago.
    Joined a RP guild with alts but i've been loyal to my very first guild till i quit an year ago.

In Lotro i read an advertisement on the official forum. It was a careful and weighted decision.
    The ad was the first on the list.
    Happened to be a good choice, very mature guild of amazing people.

So, it always happened by chance for me.
    Pick one and try it out, usually the advertisement says a lot.

Good luck finding a good guild!

(Btw in GW2 i'm guildless too, still waiting for some old friends to join)

Deleted
    Kinda stumbled upon my guild in Tier 11, applied and was accepted.

Been playing with the same people for more than a one and half years now.

I pressed "g" and hit the "Create Guild" button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, after arriving back form a long hiatus from WoW, I returned to discover that many of the players in my old guild had quit, so I started poking around looking for another one. A guild advertisement said "We have cake, karaoke, and chicks!" however, this person in particular advertising wasn't in a guild, so I started a conversation before heading to work, when I got back I joined up, got on vent and the first thing that occurred was a ventrilo game describing the others by their voice. After the hilarity that ensued, I knew I was going to be playing with this crew of crazies for awhile. Three years later... I am officially the guild psycho, and am given the job of making sure that new recruits are up to the task of handling random insanity thrown at them, because it will be, often.

This guild also happens to be in Guild Wars 2, and League of Legends, and we routinely try out new games as well, I don't think it will ever really be drama that splits this crew up, it will be the fact that someone killed someone else, probably over a mini pet.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

10+ Year Old Account
    I found my guild in GW1 while doing pvp in tombs of primeval kings (before it changed to a pve zone), stayed with em until I quit GW1.
    I joined a guild in wow of which a member was in my GW1 guild. Then switched guilds with him to join a raiding guild.

Now that raiding guild and my old gw1 guild have merged in GW2, so best of both worlds there
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I found my current GW2 guild by some guy that asked me "hey wanna join".

My current wow guild needed a hunter for hagara heroic 10 and i applied. I been annoying them with my constant whining that the game is getting easier and easier. They are sick of my praising GW2 and talking about all the negatives of Pandaland...

I hope they don't kick me in the near future >.>

Deleted
    Made ours with a couple of IRL friends. We don't really need it for much - the guild bank space is what we're really going for.

Deleted
    In WoW I joined a guild called 'Horde Inc.' It was a fairly big levelling guild and Alfie and I always got ganked by members of it (we were alliance)

Sick and tired of being ganked, we decided to make Horde characters, join the guild, and be immature and stupid. I started becoming attached to my horde more and I met some nice people in Horde Inc. I became a trusted member and rose to officer rank when our raid leader left the guild in anger at one of the guild's first attempts to raid. I took over as raid leader from there on, and shortly after our guild leader quit because of real life situations and left me in charge of the guild. I dragged the guild through the last of wotlk and handed it over to a trusted officer in Cata, when I moved servers.

My guild in GW2 is a recreation of Horde Inc with as many of the original members as I could find.

That's the story of how I rose to power in the guild I planned to destroy. Good times.

I joined my WoW guild by answering their advertisement in guild recruitment chat.

This was back during TBC. I've been with them ever since (with a brief stint in a different guild which was a dumb mistake, quickly returned to the first guild :P).

When I played WoW, I was in a small guild that I just joined, because I was new to the game. That guild fell apart, so I joined the guild my sister was in. Eventually that guild, too, migrated to a raiding guild, and we went with them. Some drama happened, and that guild eventually went to shit, so about 15 of us started our own raiding guild, and did that through TBC. Right before WoTLK, our guild fell apart due to some stupid drama. Free transfers opened up to get off our over-crowded realm, so I left. I was alone for about the first month of WoTLK. My sister wasn't playing at the time, either. I was advertising something in Trade, and someone whispered me and asked me if I was from Argent Dawn (my old server), and I said I was. It turns out they were someone I was in a guild with about a year ago, and they had a guild on my new server. I joined their guild, and eventually my sister and brother-in-law started playing again, and came to the guild as well. We had a 10-man raiding group, and we were all friends. We'd joke in vent, had our own vent DJ to play music in the background, and it was fun. We all still keep in touch via Facebook, even though many of us no longer play WoW. Some of them are coming to GW2 soon.

WoW: I was in a number of Guilds. Stuck with a few friends as we moved from my first guild to a new guild where we all had a mutual friend. Made tons of new friends there until I grew out of the social play and wanted to play more competitive raiding. Left my friends behind, except for maybe 3 others that moved to this new raiding guild, a 25 man. (I still talk to them and hang out and do other things ourside of my raid schedule. Nothing really changed with those friends i left in the other guild. In fact I still run alt raids with them.) The 25 man guild in Wrath broke up, and the main clique there, who had already been plotting a split formed a 10m once they caught wind of 10 and 25 being the "same" in cata. We made our 10m guild became server first. (in wrath we were also world 1st for all raid bosses completed and achievements as a guild.) I left with them, and here we are. Tons of New great friends in this guild.

GW2: Lots of people, in anticipation of GW2 used social media sites sort of like MMO-Champion. Those social media sites usually had a server they were going to, MMO champion, Reddit, 4 Chan, and even a lot of Streamers like Towelliee, Kripparrian, and Swifty. Then there were also guilds that are pre established, that were really good at PvP in other games and were looking to dominate WvWvW in GW2. As for myself I joined Ruinous (a pvp guild that wanted to dominate WvWvW) and the merge with Towelliee a live streamer. That is my guild in Guild Wars

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a list of fan sites, many of which have forums for finding guilds.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...t-of-fan-sites

I joined a large guild pre-launch - they had ~150 then, we are at about 400 now. Solid experienced leadership, sound guild structure, varied playerbase runs the gamut from experienced & skilled gamers to those that are fresh to gaming, nightly activities whether hunting dragons, WvW or whatever, plus forums and vent and all the goodies you'd expect from a guild. They don't allow trash talking, yeah I like this group
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Thanks for all the respondses I guess just like in wow I will eventually find the right people ingame and the ball will start rolling.. it just feels abit loney sometimes when my friends ain't on (we ussually have a party with everyone in it - mini guild feeling hehe).