Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    On the metrics that matter, such as chocolate and beer quality [1], Belgium outperforms most other countries (and especially the United States).

[1] Not a beer drinker myself, but I can vouch for the quality of the chocolate [2] and have it on good authority that Belgian beer is to Coors what Lindt & Sprüngli is to Hershey's.
    [2] I am Swiss, so I consider myself a natural expert in that area.
    Mmm beer and chocolate...

mmm...

/gurgling noises
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Mmm beer and chocolate...

mmm...

/gurgling noises
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msQPHxTUgzI
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Who else were they competing with those weeks ?
    This, actually. Ofcourse it ruled the "sales" charts. So did every other anticipated online game without real competition in the launchweek.

Deleted
    You can try to minimize its success as much as you want, but in a few months most of you will realize how big it is and will be quietly buying it as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    You can try to minimize its success as much as you want, but in a few months most of you will realize how big it is and will be quietly buying it as well...
    In a few months it will be on sale.

Maybe even a steam sale. 75% off? That would make it worth buying.

As of right now, I have a friend who has an account that he isn't playing much since he doesn't enjoy the game. I might get the game for free.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    '

Would it really kill people to be happy? Being so critical of everything constantly is just a horrible way to approach anything in life.
    This is a WOW fan site remember. Any mmo that is not wow on this site is immediately loathed and despised. Ever sub forum here has to put up with the same thing sadly. Some one could make a post about how the ArenaNet symbol is red and people would reply with.. Yeah a shit red!

I say grats! Obviously the game is selling well and even with the faults the game has it is still great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    This is a WOW fan site remember. Any mmo that is not wow on this site is immediately loathed and despised. Ever sub forum here has to put up with the same thing sadly. Some one could make a post about how the ArenaNet symbol is red and people would reply with.. Yeah a shit red!

I say grats! Obviously the game is selling well and even with the faults the game has it is still great fun.
    It happens on every gaming forum sadly.

WoW-centric or not, there's a fine line between critical discussion to advocate the betterment of the game, and just being a shitcock who thinks they're doing the world a service by taking the piss on some small thread on a sub-forum on a small gaming site.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

I hope it continues to sell well. I hope MoP sells well also.

See, that was easy. Different games for different folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moomurr View Post
    This is a WOW fan site remember. Any mmo that is not wow on this site is immediately loathed and despised.
    Eh, you can like both WoW and GW2. Playing an MMO is not a "till death do us part" exclusive marriage contract. I'm playing both (and also other MMOs, time permitting) and don't have a problem with liking both. I'm actually very happy with seeing serious competitors that create some pressure on Blizzard to improve. Competition is good for the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Always so negative. A little optimism goes a long way.

How about 'Congratulations, ArenaNet, on your accomplishment' instead of 'Well it wasn't exactly difficult, must be pirates, that's reason, I bet everyone was on holiday, it's just a lucky time of the year, it was overhyped to hell, blah blah etc.'

Would it really kill people to be happy? Being so critical of everything constantly is just a horrible way to approach anything in life.
    It's not about being negative, i do believe the game deserves to be on that list, but definitely not #1.
    The thing is though that if that pirating wasn't so common - it definitely would not be number one on that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    After being burned by the steaming shitpile that is SWTOR, I am sitting back and waiting a month or two before buying GW2. So far, there are enough negative opinions popping up to give me pause. Let's see how things look in a month though. I play MMOs side by side. I am still playing EverQuest, still playing WoW and I will probably continue until they fade out. I don't have to give up one game to play another.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    It's not about being negative, i do believe the game deserves to be on that list, but definitely not #1.
    The thing is though that if that pirating wasn't so common - it definitely would not be number one on that list.
    You assume that self-entitled pirates would bother buying the games they steal anyway.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Its good, but getting #1 Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium isn't really much of special thing. With those small countries getting like 9k sales can get you to #1..
    Example? Most sold games in Finland has been "2 month card for WoW" and Counter strike, counter strike: source for about 10 years now(8 for wow obv) not to mention nhl/fifa yearlies ;p

But still, good to see its going well. +1 to sales soon maybe ..

Deleted
    According to the posters of MMOC Gw2 is ranked no.1 because: Pirates, more pirates, Jack Sparrow and since pirates control the gaming market no releases in ALL platforms during during gw2 release.

Man we gotta do something about those pirates.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Its good, but getting #1 Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands and Belgium isn't really much of special thing. With those small countries getting like 9k sales can get you to #1..
    Example? Most sold games in Finland has been "2 month card for WoW" and Counter strike, counter strike: source for about 10 years now(8 for wow obv) not to mention nhl/fifa yearlies ;p

But still, good to see its going well. +1 to sales soon maybe ..
    Its a feat that gw2 managed too beat the farm simulator in germany that game is huge over there, and yes im serious.