How would you rate your class at 80?

Just wondering how people feel about their classes at level 80? Do you feel weak and have to kite everything around because if a mob sneezes close by you die? Or are you a beast and just wade into a group of mobs and then proceed to collect loot.

Deleted
    I feel pretty damn tough as a blood build double dagger Necro. Even in melee I can take quite a beating and life siphon heals like 20% of my HP on a 10 1/4 second cooldown, so it's pretty good. Not bad damage output either.

I'd say it feels pretty good at 80. Seen some complain that they feel like they do no damage or that they die too quickly.

Deleted
    Staff elementalist in PvE 9/10
    In WvW 7/10
    In sPvP mmmmmm 4/10 so far but I'm not in an organised team.

Warrior, dual swords and rifle, precision and condition damage build. As long as I keep moving I'm an unstoppable killing machine with the swords, can get 15+ stacks of bleeding easily and watch the numbers cascade. It's not necessarily quick, but I can take 6 same level mobs without much worry. I really enjoy it.

It's easy to get swarmed though and I constantly aggro extra enemies because I move so much, and I don't survive hits well so taking veterans can be interesting.

I'm absolutely loving my Guardian at 80. Granted, I retrait for everything I do since I like to run support heavy for dungeons and GS-centric for solo'ing/DEs but, even in the lame green gear I've got on while I work on my Exotic armorsmithing, I put things down pretty quickly with little to no need for kiting. The enemies in Orr are annoyingly spaced apart but still grouped up (hope that made sense) so it's easy to pull like 5 at a time while they all stand back and throw their hands at you...but, for the most part, I think I picked the right profession.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, 9/10 the only thing i dislike is that we don't really have any meaningful group support options in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by MKing View Post
    Warrior, 9/10 the only thing i dislike is that we don't really have any meaningful group support options in dungeons.
    Wow didnt realize the cooldown for banners was 2 damn minutes. If you could drop them as you moved along in a dungeon stacking banners would make for a nice support build. They should have a 30 second cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Wow didnt realize the cooldown for banners was 2 damn minutes. If you could drop them as you moved along in a dungeon stacking banners would make for a nice support build. They should have a 30 second cooldown.
    That's why you pick them up and carry them with you.

Engineer heavy condition build.
    It's fun but I really wish the kits changed appearances. Staring at the same backpack / flamethrower in a game about cosmetics kinda makes me sad.

Staff elementalist here. I would honestly have to say that staff eles have it a bit more rough than other profs at 80. It seems like we have to kite a hell of a lot more than what others do, as well as needing to use our ENTIRE set of attunements in order to stay alive/be effective (whereas alot of other profs only need to really worry about 1 set of weapon skills to be effective). And we really can't take hits like the other classes. I see way to many guardians and warriors, regardless of their setup, eating damage all day like it's nothing, on top of them being able to kill things ALOT faster than other profs.

So I'd rate ele at 80 as: 7/10.

And I'm being generous on that rating because I still love my ele so damn much :P.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2012-09-07 at 08:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't really say without playing every class at 80, but I feel like I have ultra survivability as a guardian.

Staff ele,in pve is just so powerful. In WvW its cool dropping AoE and watching loads of numbers and in SPvP it just feels so out of place. Double daggers, is easily the most fun however in PvE it just doesnt feel as powerful as a staff Ele, note i said it doesnt feel as strong and to me thats much more important(it may well out damage it, but i dont care even though it is very fun it just feels weak)

Banner regen build, shout heal build...We actually have some fantastic support, especially if you pair that up with a mace+shield/hammer.

I've only been playing PvE on my warriorso far really. In WvWvW I usually just go longbow, occasionally I'll switch to a melee weapon if there isn't a large group of people. So I'll just give it a 7/10 there.

Haven't touched sPvP

In PvE I can do pretty much anything solo. I am greatsword/longbow, and I havent come across a veteran I can't solo, and I've soloed a few Champs (they just take forever and aren't worth it). I'd give it a 9/10 here.

any necros wanna comment or did they all reroll already?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    any necros wanna comment or did they all reroll already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I feel pretty damn tough as a blood build double dagger Necro. Even in melee I can take quite a beating and life siphon heals like 20% of my HP on a 10 1/4 second cooldown, so it's pretty good. Not bad damage output either.

I'd say it feels pretty good at 80. Seen some complain that they feel like they do no damage or that they die too quickly.
    /10CharrAsura

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Shouts were pretty meaningful. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rhinomatic View Post
    Warrior, dual swords and rifle, precision and condition damage build. As long as I keep moving I'm an unstoppable killing machine with the swords, can get 15+ stacks of bleeding easily and watch the numbers cascade. It's not necessarily quick, but I can take 6 same level mobs without much worry. I really enjoy it.

It's easy to get swarmed though and I constantly aggro extra enemies because I move so much, and I don't survive hits well so taking veterans can be interesting.
    I have a somewhat similar approach although I went sword/axe and longbow normally. I found you dont need to run all that far to dance around the a pack. Tight circles run at the edge of melee range is all that is needed to cut down the majority of the incoming damage. I also liked the longbow for the AOE in that situation. Dance around geting multipul hits to build adrenalin flip to longbow blind with 4, toarch the group with 2, drop that massive fire patch with the burst skill and then arching shot to gain 3 stacks of might and flip back and whirling axe to not only add more burn but recap adrenalin and go right into a sword burst. Needs the 15 point in disciplin for that rotation otherwise you need more filler while you wait on weapon swap CD. I personaly just found sword offhand lackluster and whirling axe too good to pass up for an offensive offhand.

Overall I'd rate my character as quite good. The only real weakness is repeated applications of something that holds me in one spot or chain snares. I noticed some of the undead got immobalize happy in orr a patch or two ago and its been driveing me nuts. I can break up to 2 of them but I've had times where they chained it on me non stop for 20s+ and just had to soak damage often leading to my downing.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    I have a somewhat similar approach although I went sword/axe and longbow normally. I found you dont need to run all that far to dance around the a pack. Tight circles run at the edge of melee range is all that is needed to cut down the majority of the incoming damage. I also liked the longbow for the AOE in that situation. Dance around geting multipul hits to build adrenalin flip to longbow blind with 4, toarch the group with 2, drop that massive fire patch with the burst skill and then arching shot to gain 3 stacks of might and flip back and whirling axe to not only add more burn but recap adrenalin and go right into a sword burst. Needs the 15 point in disciplin for that rotation otherwise you need more filler while you wait on weapon swap CD. I personaly just found sword offhand lackluster and whirling axe too good to pass up for an offensive offhand.

Overall I'd rate my character as quite good. The only real weakness is repeated applications of something that holds me in one spot or chain snares. I noticed some of the undead got immobalize happy in orr a patch or two ago and its been driveing me nuts. I can break up to 2 of them but I've had times where they chained it on me non stop for 20s+ and just had to soak damage often leading to my downing.
    Yeah. I know Anet wants Orr to be group oriented and therefore much harder for single player experiences, but I mean come on. The amount of CC the mobs have against a single player is pretty damn ridiculous. Makes something as simple as trying to just get to the next waypoint a HUGE pain in the ass.