Graphics card specially for Guild Wars 2?

Hello, I want to buy a new graphics card to play this game in special.

I have around 250 euros, not sure if that's enough... This is what I'm working with at the moment:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600

CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

CPU SPEED:
    3.62 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:
    3.98 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    ATI Radeon HD 4850

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    2.23 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    aticfx32.dll

DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1920x1080

HARD DISK SIZE:
    465.66 GB

HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    326.54 GB (70%)

What would you guys suggest?

I'm a nvidia fan boy. Use this link, http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphic...s_buy_now.html After researching which one you can buy, compare specs vs price, find a vendor you want to buy from. I suggest EVGA. EVGA supports overclocking and has lifetime warranties on some/most cards.

Looking at your price range you are around the GTX 570/ GTX 580.
    Last edited by ChexMix; 2012-09-07 at 05:40 PM.
    - Nom Nom

Quote Originally Posted by ChexMix View Post
    I'm a nvidia fan boy. Use this link, http://www.nvidia.com/object/graphic...s_buy_now.html After researching which one you can buy, compare specs vs price, find a vendor you want to buy from. I suggest EVGA. EVGA supports overclocking and has lifetime warranties on some/most cards.

Looking at your price range you are around the GTX 570/ GTX 580.
    You mean this one http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

?

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 06:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    250 Euros can get you a Radeon 7870.

Review:

http://guru3d.com/article/his-radeon...-turbo-review/
    I'm a noob , really... what's the difference between a radeon and a Geforce?

sorry if this is a really really really dumb question

Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    250 Euros can get you a Radeon 7870.

Review:

http://guru3d.com/article/his-radeon...-turbo-review/
    I have the slightly older 7850, and it runs GW2 beautifully. 1680x1050, high settings across the board, 40-60 FPS at all times.

Yeah, nothing from Nvidia is viable under $300.

Many would argue that nothing is viable at any price point from Nvidia with the 7970>670 and 7970 Ghz>680, but that's a discussion for a different thread.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post

I'm a noob , really... what's the difference between a radeon and a Geforce?

sorry if this is a really really really dumb question
    Radeon is AMD(formerly ATi) and Geforce is Nvidia. They're just two different video card brands.

I say go with the HD 7870.

Radeon/ATI is part of AMD, the chip manufacturer. GeForce is Nvidia. But if you want benchmarks and specs, here's one that includes a "best bang for your buck" chart, as well as a few price range charts. Here is an article that talks about each, and has personal viewpoints.

Edit: Most of the personal viewpoints are not from professionals and some just plain make my head hurt.
    Last edited by Dannoson; 2012-09-07 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Yeah, nothing from Nvidia is viable under $300.

Many would argue that nothing is viable at any price point from Nvidia with the 7970>670 and 7970 Ghz>680, but that's a discussion for a different thread.
    Well... I guess what I'm asking is just for the best graphics card to run GW2 at max settings, if that is possible within this price range.

---------- Post added 2012-09-07 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post
    Radeon/ATI is part of AMD, the chip manufacturer. GeForce is Nvidia. But if you want benchmarks and specs, here's one that includes a "best bang for your buck" chart, as well as a few price range charts. Here is an article that talks about each, and has personal viewpoints.

Edit: Most of the personal viewpoints are not from professionals and some just plain make my head hurt.
    Thanks, I'll check those links

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannoson View Post

That first link is utter shit, passmark does not say a thing about real world performance. The second one seems meh. If you wanna compare GPUs, just check out reviews of the cards you are interested in. And most importantly check out reviews with the games you play. Synthetic benchmarks like passmark are not that important.

For OP, the 7870 is your best bet Try to get one with a proper cooler, from sapphire/msi/gigabyte for instance

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    That first link is utter shit, passmark does not say a thing about real world performance. The second one seems meh. If you wanna compare GPUs, just check out reviews of the cards you are interested in. And most importantly check out reviews with the games you play. Synthetic benchmarks like passmark are not that important.

For OP, the 7870 is your best bet Try to get one with a proper cooler, from sapphire/msi/gigabyte for instance
    why the 7870 in special?

Deleted
    That should be the best card for your budget. That card is about 220 - 230 euro, which fits your budget

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    That should be the best card for your budget. That card is about 220 - 230 euro, which fits your budget
    Thank you very much

I'll check it out ^^

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 07:37 PM ----------

Also, does anyone know of a good website to buy it? Or should I just head to a store ? T_T

Going by your avatar and signature, I am assuming you live in Germany?

I used www.mindfactory.de when ordering my computer components, I sent the order on Wednesday afternoon, the parts were dispatched Thursday evening and arrived Friday morning. I only paid for the standard shipping, no Expressversand or anything.

edit: http://www.mindfactory.de/product_in...--Retail-.html

that one.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-09-09 at 07:47 PM.

I can't believe no one mentioned the 660ti, which is about 250 Euros exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonwang View Post
    I can't believe no one mentioned the 660ti, which is about 250 Euros exactly.
    AMD 7870 for 220 euros is better value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Going by your avatar and signature, I am assuming you live in Germany?

I used www.mindfactory.de when ordering my computer components, I sent the order on Wednesday afternoon, the parts were dispatched Thursday evening and arrived Friday morning. I only paid for the standard shipping, no Expressversand or anything.

edit: http://www.mindfactory.de/product_in...--Retail-.html

that one.
    yeah, Germania

Thank you very much for those links, I'll check them out ^_^