1. #1

    Guardian Discussion: Does It Feel The Most Balanced?

    I don't know if it's just me or something but does anyone else feel that the Guardian is the most balanced class out of them all? I leveled a Mesmer to 40 and it just felt like a total grind to me. Nothing was interesting about the Mesmer, maybe it was just my build but using Illusions felt useless and they died too quickly.

    My Elementalist just hit 40 as well and while I did enjoy the class it felt too squishy for me even when I went Dagger/Focus.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    This would probably be better here, unless you want to open up the discussion to a general balance thing.

    Balanced in what terms?
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  3. #3
    Dreadlord Ninaran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    960
    I think they do a little too much damage while being a little too tanky.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    This would probably be better here, unless you want to open up the discussion to a general balance thing.

    Balanced in what terms?
    I think by balanced he means the most overpowered with most utilities/biggest tool kit.

  5. #5
    I think Guardians are balanced well (Well duh, I play one..)

    They are squishier than Warriors, but the defensive utility and virtue skills make up for that, until you activate them for the greater good. I haven't seen (Yet) a Guardian who can nuke someone down like a Warrior can with Hundred Blades and Fury.

  6. #6
    Herald of the Titans Ynna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    I think they do a little too much damage while being a little too tanky.
    What weapons are you using? Which build? What kind of content?
    Because Guardians can put out a lot of damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I think by balanced he means the most overpowered with most utilities/biggest tool kit.
    I asked the question, because it seemed more like a question of fun or efficiency in the opening post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I think Guardians are balanced well (Well duh, I play one..)

    They are squishier than Warriors, but the defensive utility and virtue skills make up for that, until you activate them for the greater good. I haven't seen (Yet) a Guardian who can nuke someone down like a Warrior can with Hundred Blades and Fury.
    I don't think playing one necessarily makes you think they're balanced.
    And Guardians don't have much burst, but their overall damage is good. I'll test a damage heavy PvP build out somewhere this weekend. I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Ynna; 2012-09-07 at 10:30 PM.
    Retired Holy Priest
    As a rule, I try to act on the internet as I would in real life. If I have offended you, feel free to point it out. Unless I meant to offend you, I will probably apologize.

  7. #7
    I don't know to be honest, they just "feel" right. Not too much, not too little in terms of damage output/survivability.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

  8. #8
    Balanced is a pretty good word. We have abysmal ranged, but for melee we have an excellent toolkit. Wars and thieves have the option to pop out of melee range and remain productive, thus shifting where they need to be in terms of "balanced".

  9. #9
    I run with all shouts(hold the line, stand your ground, and save yourself) for utilities and feel OP sometimes....well most of the time. With Greatsword I am a killing machine, i could care less if we had a decent ranged weapon because I probably wouldnt use it.

  10. #10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •