10+ Year Old Account

Rub Elbows With The Opposite Faction Next Week!

I guess Slipmat is sleeping still? Looks like the merging of factions is good to go next week!

RIFT 1.10: Calm Before the Storm might be our last major update before Storm Legion but don’t think we didn’t go all the way!

When the update arrives a major change will take place in Telara – the Ascended will learn to look past their differences and work to fight the Blood Storm together. Guardians & Defiant will come together to face the greatest threat the world, and possibly the universe, has ever faced.

With the death of four of the dragons much has changed and old rivalries are questioned as new challenges arise. Complete destruction of the Blood Storm is now essential if this world is to ever find peace – the Ascended must unite if they are to ultimately travel to the planes and defeat them!

In Update 1.10 players on PvE Shards will be able to team up and communicate with members of the opposite faction outside of the Tutorial. We’re always looking for ways to allow you to enjoy the many features RIFT has to offer together and this is a massive step in that direction.

With 1.10 the following features can be enjoyed together by members of each faction:

• Open world groups/public groups
    • Guilds
    • Looking for Dungeon Tool
    • Entering a Dungeon/Raid
    • Instant Adventure
    • Chronicles
    • Group Queuing for Conquest/Warfronts
    • Weddings
    • Chat (channels & tells including cross shard)
    • Quest sharing
    • Mail
    • Cross Faction Trade
    • Friends List & Ignore

PvP Restrictions

Players on PvP Shards will only be able to participate in random dungeon groups with members of the opposite faction (besides Warfronts/Conquest obviously). You will also only be able to send tells to players of the opposite faction on shards other than your own.

If you are flagged for PvP on any shard you will only be able to group with members of your own faction – flagging for PvP while in a cross faction group will warn you that doing so will result in your removal.

We realize this is a significant shift and opens a new world of opportunities. In the end we want you to be able to enjoy RIFT with as few restrictions as possible so you can focus on having fun no matter what faction you or your friends choose!

Source

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Excited to see how this changes server dynamics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    I guess Slipmat is sleeping still
    Pfft, sleep is for the weak !!

But yeah, at 3.30am when you posted that i must have closed my eyes for a few seconds to 'rest' them

More on 'Calm before the Storm' here

>> http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...fore-storm.php

Also, old players can return and play for free September 14-16th so dust off your old level 50's and come join the party

About time, I've been waiting a month so I can join my new guild.

This is one of the major changes that helped seal the deal for me to NOT play Mists. The whole two factions at war thing is a tired, outdated concept that needed to die, and I'm glad to see such a great company as Trion help dig the grave.

It does seem small, but yeah that concept of removing the war between the factions is pretty intense. It effectively doubles your player base that you play with on a shard. It is effectively a one month update, then we get 1.11 around late October or November 7th a week before SL release

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It does seem small, but yeah that concept of removing the war between the factions is pretty intense. It effectively doubles your player base that you play with on a shard. It is effectively a one month update, then we get 1.11 around late October or November 7th a week before SL release
    Absolutely Agree. I'm looking forward to doubling the number of people to do Daily Raid Rifts with and Daily Expert Rifts too. not to mention weekly Raid Quests. Its not that the numbers are few on my shard, but people sometimes do those runs early/late afternoons and occasionally I miss out on them because I log in late on heavy workdays.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really looking forward to this!! Props to Trion for trying such a crazy feat!! I think it will be welcomed pretty well, also!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water