Why complain about wow raids? why not play Rift?

Rift is vanilla raiding. Rather than complaining about less boss, multiple difficulty, no 25 man, short raids, less content and huge delay on content, why not try Rift? If you truly enjoy vanilla to bc raiding, why not switch to Rift. WoW does not have any new content right now - this is the perfect time to switch and try something new.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Rift is vanilla raiding. Rather than complaining about less boss, multiple difficulty, no 25 man, short raids, less content and huge delay on content, why not try Rift? If you truly enjoy vanilla to bc raiding, why not switch to Rift. WoW does not have any new content right now - this is the perfect time to switch and try something new.
    good thing we have such a fine connoisseur of vanilla to point us in the right direction.

afaik 40 !=25

The perfect time to switch might have been a few months ago, in the midst of the gap between Dragon Soul and Mists of Pandaria. Not a week and a half after patch 5.0.4 and 17 days before Mists of Pandaria launches.

Does Rift have:
    - Long, Annoying Rep Grinds before you can unlock the last boss of a raid dungeon?
    - Farming hours and hours on end for resist gear so you can beat select raid encounters?
    - Horribly broken class balancing to the extent where 2/3rds of your talent tree is useless for raiding on 3/5ths of the playable classes?
    - Mindlessly boring boss fights where often you spend the entire fight Dispelling Curses instead of DPSing?
    - Raids where 1/2 of your raid group can be effectively braindead and the other half can still carry you to top tier gear?

If not, then Rifts is not really vanilla raiding.

I've been saying for quite a while that if people hate WoW raiding so bad, switch to some other MMO's that are more a BC model of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    played Rift for 2 months before cancelling sorry but the game is boring in almost every aspect to me. PVP was awful, the daily rifts thing got real old real fast. I have a level 50 cleric collecting dust and I don't think he will see the light of day again anytime soon.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post

no, but it has the silly badges that drop in heroics just like they did in Wrath in which you can get fully epiced in a week. Class balance was off when I played as well Duracell Cleric = OP.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    played Rift for 2 months before cancelling sorry but the game is boring in almost every aspect to me. PVP was awful, the daily rifts thing got real old real fast. I have a level 50 cleric collecting dust and I don't think he will see the light of day again anytime soon.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 05:56 AM ----------

no, but it has the silly badges that drop in heroics just like they did in Wrath in which you can get fully epiced in a week. Class balance was off when I played as well Duracell Cleric = OP.
    pvp is broken but pvp is broken in every game that is not pvp centered. heroic badges give you previous tier gear,not the current one.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 02:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    good thing we have such a fine connoisseur of vanilla to point us in the right direction.

afaik 40 !=25
    I did say vanilla to bc raiding in the 3rd sentence. Its mixture of both. if you enjoy old style of raiding, you might enjoy rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    pvp is broken but pvp is broken in every game that is not pvp centered. heroic badges give you previous tier gear,not the current one.
    That really doesn't address the fact the game is overall just like WoW but somehow more boring. I mean really the graphics are better but nothing else really is so why bother especially seeing we just got the 5.0 patch and release is less than 3 weeks away?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's because WoW is currently still the ultimate stage for raiding prestige and fame. At least in my head it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of someone who DOES still like wow raiding a lot, I do think RIFT is what a lot of the scorned raiders are looking for. In terms of progression at least, it's entirely possible that they don't like the mechanics of the game/classes.

Something to consider though, is that a lot of people just want to play WoW. They might not like the raiding at present, but they're into WoW enough that they'd rather campaign to get raiding to change to whatever it is they want so they don't have to go to some other game.
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2012-09-08 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Does Rift have:
    - Long, Annoying Rep Grinds before you can unlock the last boss of a raid dungeon?
    - Farming hours and hours on end for resist gear so you can beat select raid encounters?
    - Horribly broken class balancing to the extent where 2/3rds of your talent tree is useless for raiding on 3/5ths of the playable classes?
    - Mindlessly boring boss fights where often you spend the entire fight Dispelling Curses instead of DPSing?
    - Raids where 1/2 of your raid group can be effectively braindead and the other half can still carry you to top tier gear?

-NO
    -yes, but only select bosses in old tiers and all bosses in new tiers
    -could be if you want. talents system allows for combos. some combos are bad and some are good
    -some fights are such. though i won't call them boring
    -if the raid is 2 tier behind, then yes.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 02:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    That really doesn't address the fact the game is overall just like WoW but somehow more boring. I mean really the graphics are better but nothing else really is so why bother especially seeing we just got the 5.0 patch and release is less than 3 weeks away?
    I posted this for people who dislike wow or the direction its going. If you like wow, offcourse you going to find rift boring. Other than that, rift is the mixture of both classic and bc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I heard, Rift endgame was very buggy.

And If there is anything I have never taken for granted with Blizzard, it is their maintenance and customer service.

10+ Year Old Account

I posted this for people who dislike wow or the direction its going. If you like wow, offcourse you going to find rift boring. Other than that, rift is the mixture of both classic and bc.
    Who said I like WoW? I'm just pointing out that I did try Rift and it's just like WoW from what I saw. You should give examples of things that are better in Rift if you are trying to get people to try it. Same boring PVE heroics, same unbalanced PVP, unbalanced class specs, PVE raiding is more difficult than the current raids in WoW but that's the only real difference I can recall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this thread won't end well it's already got the game vs game gibberish. Just going to close this now before it gets too out of hand.