Page 1 of 2
LastLast

(!) If you decide to go hang out on the official forums, make sure to bring your boat

The S.S. Psyfiend is thriving on the sea of tears.

Am I wrong to say that complaints really should be made at 90, rather than a week and half after 5.0?

It's in human nature to complain. The priest subsection is really not a lot worse than other subsections. People complaining just means that people care

But yes, I also believe that most complaints at this point is totally wasted. The devs will adopt a wait-and-see policy, as the situation for most subjects, especially regarding PVP, will be massively different at lvl 90.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Wow, I just went and read "the thread" you were probably talking about.
    Honest thing is, we need this. 100%.

How it's ANY better than Warlocks, I have no idea.

Deleted
    Wait until they realize they can kill that thing. Also range.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    The threads in question (two of them), is with a dude that posts on alts to make it look like people agree with him. I called him out on it, but he tried to play it off.

Firefox addon is OP.

People are going full retard and pointing out everything that ISN'T the problem with spriests right now.

The problem with spriests, and all other hybrid dps, is over the top healing. Nerf PvP power. Remove healing from PvP power entirely. That won't gut hybrid healing, it'll make it balanced and still more potent than heals on hunters/warriors/rogues/locks. Also, this bs of only nerfing healing bgs and arenas is sheer stupidity. It makes world pvp a nightmare if there are any healers/hybrids involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That won't gut hybrid healing, it'll make it balanced and still more potent than heals on hunters/warriors/rogues/locks. A
    Warrior second wind is very good against dot classes and most melee's. A good spriest should still beat a warrior but if a warrior plays really well esp with interupt silence and stuns when they get low they can potentially come out on top.

Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    The threads in question (two of them), is with a dude that posts on alts to make it look like people agree with him. I called him out on it, but he tried to play it off.

Firefox addon is OP.
    Sounds like a amazing Addon can you tell me what it's called ? Tried to search IP Trace but no luck =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 08nolanni View Post
    Sounds like a amazing Addon can you tell me what it's called ? Tried to search IP Trace but no luck =(
    There's one for Chrome called WoW Forum Bastard Mode (or at least that's what it's saved under on my extensions page), maybe try searching for that, if there's a Firefox version?
    Edit:Just found it myself, http://cogshanks.org/alt-o-magic/extension

Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    There's one for Chrome called WoW Forum Bastard Mode (or at least that's what it's saved under on my extensions page), maybe try searching for that, if there's a Firefox version?
    Edit:Just found it myself, http://cogshanks.org/alt-o-magic/extension
    Thanks! I wanted the chrome extension 1st, but thought it was only on FireFox. Finding out those gut-less snakes on Offical forums will be good

Just need one for MMO-Champion now

Deleted
    Slightly off topic, but there is also a very easy way to recognise alts ever since the achievement points were shared...

Quote Originally Posted by Senos View Post
    Am I wrong to say that complaints really should be made at 90, rather than a week and half after 5.0?
    Funny, I remember Ret making the exact same claim at 70 about level 80, and they still got nerfed to the ground, bro.

Sort of. I find it rather amazing that players have generally just accepted that the game is only intended to be balanced at max level. It's extremely lazy design on Blizzard's part and makes me wonder why the levelling process is even in the game anymore.

Deleted
    Report that player who is making multiple alts to respond to the thread (or using them).
    They yet to realize that the psyfiend can be killed/cc'ed. For example at the pillar argument. Well, hiding behind a pillar is skill, now you have to worry about a counter for that with a psyfiend and actually use your shit/be on the ball (especially when a priest with low ratings complains about it have the BEST counter against it AND can spec into it as well. Fearward, psychic scream. if your pillarhumping you're not using that shit anyhow)

edit: psyfiend also has only 100k hp, on 85 50k. Can be easily killed
    Last edited by mmoca05de5a2bf; 2012-09-10 at 09:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Funny, I remember Ret making the exact same claim at 70 about level 80, and they still got nerfed to the ground, bro.
    Oh come on, there was nothing wrong with retri paladins. [/sarcasm]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I personally think you are. Simply cos THE GAME consists of playing at all levels not just at cap. Pseudo balancing everything to only work at cap of one expansion is limiting your own content, making everything you have created up to that point obsolete, even for new players that would maybe like to enjoy the play from 1 - 90 and experience what they have missed along the way by not being subscribed to the game for the last 7 years.

Blizz is in essence telling people to rush to max level cos the game-play is focused on working only then. That really doesn't sound right. It also means, in my eyes, there is no proper scaling of anything across the board. I have said that in other posts, but the they appear to be patching not fixing the game, whether it concerns class balance or content. All they do is throw interim solution without getting rid of fundamental issues, or in some cases, instead of dealing with a problem they chose to ignore for some time, they simply get rid of the mechanic instead which is then being served as 'complete class overhaul'.

Instances and bgs are available at all levels, why in the world would you not want to provide a smooth gameplay for all levels? They keep on preaching how the game should appeal to a wider audience, the casual one, why then balance everything around end game exclusively?

And last, if you deliver a product (pre xpac patch) one would think among others, it is to serve as a marketing tool, to show your audience that it's worth to buy the xpac. If we were to judge solely by what we got with it, and not sentiment, habit or what we're being told will be contained in such, many would probably opt for not spending money on a half finished game that you can't enjoy fully cos 'it's balanced around level cap' , especially considering, that all you're in fact getting from a MoP box is the leveling and 5 men experience, raids being gated

As a Disc myself I'm comfortable admitting Psyfiend is probably the most broken spell ever to go live. Surprised we even got it, you'd expect it to be a Warlock spell with how good it is.

so does the range get cut in half at level 90 or am i missing something?

The point is that the game will have different pacing at 90.

I don't know if 90 will fix anything- but clearly our feedback isn't really very highly valued by the devs except in the egregious cases (one shots, effective immortality, full CC).

I was surprised when GC stated that classes haven't really gained much in the way of CC. While certainly my rogue didn't, my resto druid went from hard cast cyclone, hard cast root, and nature's grasp (proc root on being attacked), with the ability to open with pounce poorly and to go bear, hit enrage, and stun someone if they don't parry or dodge, to the ability to open with a full duration pounce from a full speed prowl (FAR superior), the ability to wail out an instant cast stun that doesn't seem to be on the melee hit table, and a new tier that lets me spam a 45 yard ranged slow. That's a LOT more CC, and I also grabbed an ability that amounts to blink.

I think most classes, and for sure any class with a CC tier of their talents, has more effective CC now than before. Is psyfiend broken? I really do think it's way too early to call.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    Warrior second wind is very good against dot classes and most melee's. A good spriest should still beat a warrior but if a warrior plays really well esp with interupt silence and stuns when they get low they can potentially come out on top.
    I'm the best spriest on my server, I fought our best warrior in a number of duels - and she did incredibly well by stunning me when I got her low. The only way I could kill her was by saving 3 orb devouring plague and mindbender for her second wind - so that even when I got CC'd (everytime) she'd continue to take damage - short of floating all my damage for that phase it's very hard if not impossible to burst through second wind, and it becomes 2.5x stronger at 90 than at 85 - because relative health pools increase so much, where healing only goes up 25-30% between 85 and 90 (which is why shadow, and all hybrids really - seem so good at healing right now).

Just to note, she was using Interrupting Shout and Shockwave in her spec against me - and she's a multi-glad, so there was very little chance of juking her. Part of the reason I won all three duels was because she's undergeared - had she had bonelink / heroic gurth it would have been much scarier (she was using a 371 pvp sword I think, hasn't been playing all cata - but she's still the best warrior I know, and it shows: Aggnicia).

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 03:40 AM ----------

When I make an MMO, I'm going to make a zone called "The Sea of Tears" - I don't know what mechanic I will allow there, but I will be sure to make it something that constantly causes people to whine on the forums
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter