computer is working. nothing on screen.

so i bought a new computer . i start it , its working the funs are running , but there is nothing on screen. i did try it on my tv but its still not working.
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

is your monitor plugged in?

If so is the monitor light blinking yellow?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

There can be a plethora of causes. Best bet is to just go back to wherever you bought it and ask they fix it for you, you have a right to that.

Additionally you can try more tests to verify if it's the screen, cable, or graphics card, or whatever - narrow down the problem.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some new computers come with 2 or more outputs for monitors, especially those with graphic cards. Check to make sure this isn't the case by seeing if there is another place in which you can plug your monitors cable into.

Deleted
    always post specs, please. even though they might not be relevant. but its nice to know what we're working with..

is it a laptop? desktop?

im gonn asume its a desktop.

reset bios. might work

are things plugged in correctly? (gfx card might be placed askew (always wanted to use that word - damn i hope im using it correctly)) could be other things too, cables, memory..

does it say any sounds? beeping might indicate certain things depending on the motherboard brand (again, always post specs!)

Quote Originally Posted by Epiphanes View Post
    Some new computers come with 2 or more outputs for monitors, especially those with graphic cards. Check to make sure this isn't the case by seeing if there is another place in which you can plug your monitors cable into.
    i dont have an operating system yet, so
    i did try all the hdmi but i think 2 of them wont work anyway because they are the graphic cards , beside the hdmi port there is another called display port but i dont have a cable to try it
    " In a Society like this table, a state of equilibrium, once one makes the first move, everyone must follow! In every era, this World has been operating by this napkin principle. And the one who ‘takes the napkin first’ must be someone who is respected by all. It’s not that anyone can fulfill this role… Those that are despotic or unworthy will be scorned. And those are the ‘losers"

Best bet is to take it back to whoever you got it from because you got ripped.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic View Post
    im gonn asume its a desktop.

reset bios. might work
    did that, and there is no beep sound at all

It could just have been my system that's wonky, but my HDMI output didn't work until after I had installed windows and the graphics drivers. I had to use a DVI cable to do all the installs.

Edit: Can also be bad RAM as well. I've had that happen to me before.
    Last edited by Moogie423; 2012-09-08 at 07:55 AM.

this is may be silly but its working , now-,-
    i did reset the bios and held the power button , it turned off and then on by itself and now its working.