Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The worst part about Orr is diminishing returns on events/mobs, if you do the 3 events over and over you get less xp/karma/mob drops every time, for a zone that is based around taking and holding outposts that's pretty terrible.
    And if you want to farm for a few hours or whatever you should be able to without being punished by anti-bot code.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It's Orr and we're fighting undead, don't see how it's horrible in any way. It's supposed to be like that. It's also not forced, once you do the outdoor raids there, there's really no point in going back unless you're that desperate for more levels after 80. Arah in the 80 zone is the only thing you'll need to keep going back for.
    You mean that it's pointless to farm crafting mats, skill points (for Exotic and legendary items) and gold?

Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    You mean that it's pointless to farm crafting mats, skill points (for Exotic and legendary items) and gold?
    Honestly, besides a lot of ore, and bones, Orr isn't the best place to get your crafting mats. It does have a lot of skill points, but when that's done, you know.

Deleted
    I hate orr. But it fits the lore. I mean if a cursed land rises from the sea after a long time you can't really expect it to be candycornland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nalle View Post
    It's definitely worth doing for the skill points the first time but it has to be the least efficient way of farming mats or making gold unfortunately unless you're in a large party.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It's definitely worth doing for the skill points the first time but it has to be the least efficient way of farming mats or making gold unfortunately unless you're in a large party.
    I blow throw Orr personally. And it's the best place to farm Orichalcum...so yea it's very efficient. Also the best zone for karma. Between the altar chains, capturing/defending gates of Arah, and many other random DEs, it's amazing karma generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    Does anyone feel like me? I just hate Orr, that place is disgusting, I know there shouldnt be unicorns and rainbows, but come on, it's just dark and gloom, everything is destroyed and there's like 100 undead monsters for 10 meters square.
    All prevous zones were beautiful, either it was Kryta, Ascalon, or Shiverpeaks (especially that one), but we will be forced to spent most of the time in hellish place like Orr
    O_o

Uuuh... not sure what to think of this. I really think they wanted to make it "hellish" considering the lore behind Orr, and the fact that it's where the core of Zhaitan's power is.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I really like Orr, its extremely unique from a design perspective. You have ruins covered in coral, and even a lot of the undead thrall covered in coral. Its really neat.

I find Orr absolutely stunning, in a very dark and deadly kind of way.

The only problem I have with the place is the obscene spawnrate of mobs underwater. I really, really want to explore the place underwater, but the ocean is so thick with mobs that it's totally impractical to do so.

I also completed the Scavenger's Chasm jumping puzzle in Malchor's Leap last night and HOLY SHIT WAS THAT RIDONCULOUS

The lore behind the Malchor's Leap zone is also... really awesome, actually. Like seriously fascinating. The way it's all woven into the events of the place is top notch stuff. Taking out the statue of Dwayna, taking out the Priestess of Lissa in the massive cathedral, all very cool stuff. I think the Lyssa fight, outside of the obligatory flashy dragons, has been my favorite so far, because it requires a large and fairly coordinated effort with several groups spread out over the entire area to defend the seals while you kill her. She also has a 'face away from her while fighting her' mechanic that I wasn't expecting to see in such a place, and that was a pleasant surprise to boot.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-09-08 at 04:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The only problem I have with the place is the obscene spawnrate of mobs underwater. I really, really want to explore the place underwater, but the ocean is so thick with mobs that it's totally impractical to do so.
    I feel that way about every underwater area.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I feel that way about every underwater area.
    I've honestly loved underwater combat everywhere else. In all the other zones, as long as I've been smart (at least as an engineer with a couple turrets and a speargun), I've had no issues dealing with all sorts of nastyness underwater.

But in Orr... the spawnrate is so high that by the time you're halfway through killing the second mob, the first has already respawned, and the water is so thick with them, that you can't flee anywhere without aggroing even more. It's a damn pity because the oceans there are VAST and extremely detailed.

Orr is exactly what it's supposed to be. I think it's very well executed.

I don't care for how much I die there, but that's more on me trying to run around solo all the time and getting overwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I've honestly loved underwater combat everywhere else. In all the other zones, as long as I've been smart (at least as an engineer with a couple turrets and a speargun), I've had no issues dealing with all sorts of nastyness underwater.

But in Orr... the spawnrate is so high that by the time you're halfway through killing the second mob, the first has already respawned, and the water is so thick with them, that you can't flee anywhere without aggroing even more. It's a damn pity because the oceans there are VAST and extremely detailed.
    Maybe you should get a whole guild to explore the underwater areas down there. :O!

Maybe you should get a whole guild to explore the underwater areas down there. :O!
    I wouldn't really want to bother so many people with my tendancies to poke around in every single nook and cranny. :P Straights of Devestation has it the worst in mob spawnrate, we tend to keep out of the water now unless there's an event that's attracted other people. Only one I can think of us going out of our way to do underwater was infiltrating the Inquest underwater lab in Malchor's Leap, which was actually pretty fun. The spawnrate in there wasn't ridiculous and there was a good champion mob to take down.

Orr's a bore
    What a chore
    The lore's a snore
    If it makes you sore
    There's the door.

?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The least efficient way?

On high populated servers (which you can transfer to if you're not on one) there's a lot of people in the cursed shore doing all kinds of stuff, basically being in a large party all the time, it's very easy to farm Mithril, Orichalcum, Silk, Gossamer (debatable), Globs of ectoplasm (from salvaging the rares you find) and karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    All 3 remind me of western/eastern plaguelands, maybe with a bit more water :P

I have not really seen many of these "outdoor raids" the giant dragon in the mashes at 40-50 seemed far more appropriate.
    The karma zerg in straits just constantly runs between like 4-5 different pretty normal looking events, kinda dull, doesn't ammount to some kind of overall narrative forwarding or conclusion. If this was not intended then more karma needs to be available from the success of these zone-wide quest chains instead, if they even exist.
    There is little to no incentive to do the Orr temples because the gear they sell is just atrocious. +Healing on cloth gear is a poorly conceived joke.

The "runes" are pretty bad as well, so the gear isn't even good for salvaging.

Deleted
    at least this place could use some sun, I would expected hot temperatures on south of the map, lots of sand , and not just a bare rock and everything in brown-green colors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    at least this place could use some sun, I would expected hot temperatures on south of the map, lots of sand , and not just a bare rock and everything in brown-green colors.
    The extreme temperatures are over in the Crystal Desert. This is a dead land (literally) that was raised up from the bottom of the ocean, and is fully under the influence of Zhaitan's corruption.

Deleted
    The extreme temperatures are over in the Crystal Desert. This is a dead land (literally) that was raised up from the bottom of the ocean, and is fully under the influence of Zhaitan's corruption.

lol "this is dead land, we dont have sun here"
    dude, it's on the world map and not some twilight zone in space.