1. #1

    Something is wrong with the Trading Post

    I purchase 10 Copper Ore for 17c each. I then sell those 10 Copper Ore for 21c each. I make a very small profit. I decide to try this with other items in the Trading Post. I buy 10 Vials of Blood for 45c each. I then sell 10 Vials of Blood for 48c each. I actually don't make a profit and lose money. This makes no sense to me.

  2. #2
    I'm not sure, but I think it costs money to put items up, and the higher level they are, the higher the cost to list them. Or the cost may just be proportional to however much you sell it for, so the vials of blood would still cost you more to list, and since you didn't compensate for that (you actually had a smaller markup than with the copper), you'd lose money.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2012-09-08 at 01:09 PM.

  3. #3
    It costs money to list stuff on the trading post

  4. #4
    I assume there's a percentage cut from the sale as with every auction house. I sold something for 21 silver but only got 18.x silver from the transaction.
    Last edited by Mintie; 2012-09-08 at 01:12 PM.

  5. #5
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    369
    There is a 5% listing fee to post an item and an additional 10% fee for a successful sale. That's 15% of the total price, or 7.2c for an 48c item (rounded to the nearest integer, i.e. 7c). Thus, you are making a small loss.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    It costs money to list stuff on the trading post
    I know this. But why am I making a profit with the Copper Ore but not with the Vial of Blood? I am losing out money when I try this with the vial of blood.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 01:11 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    There is a 5% listing fee to post an item and an additional 10% fee for a successful sale. That's 15% of the total price, or 7.2c for an 48c item (rounded to the nearest integer, i.e. 7c). Thus, you are making a small loss.
    I thought they removed the hidden fee? Because I remember I couldn't even make a profit with the Copper Ore.. Now I can (Even though it's small profit)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I know this. But why am I making a profit with the Copper Ore but not with the Vial of Blood? I am losing out money when I try this with the vial of blood.
    Because "higher level" stuff costs more to list. You need to look at the UI in the trading post. It tells you exactly what it costs to list each item

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Because "higher level" stuff costs more to list. You need to look at the UI in the trading post. It tells you exactly what it costs to list each item
    Vial of weak blood is for 1-75 crafting stuff. Same for Copper Ore. Oh well, it's not like you make a big profit anyway. I was making a 7c profit. Probably better off just farming mats all day.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I purchase 10 Copper Ore for 17c each. I then sell those 10 Copper Ore for 21c each. I make a very small profit. I decide to try this with other items in the Trading Post. I buy 10 Vials of Blood for 45c each. I then sell 10 Vials of Blood for 48c each. I actually don't make a profit and lose money. This makes no sense to me.
    15% listing selling fee.
    21x0.85 = 17.78

    17,78-17 = 0,78
    0,78 c profit for each ore.

  10. #10
    I think you need to change the title of the thread to 'There's always something wrong with the trading post' that would make more sense.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWiSeFooL View Post
    I think you need to change the title of the thread to 'There's always something wrong with the trading post' that would make more sense.
    LOL. Another problem I found is that I placed a custom order, then canceled the custom order, I didn't get all my gold back. I was missing about 1 silver.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Vial of weak blood is for 1-75 crafting stuff. Same for Copper Ore. Oh well, it's not like you make a big profit anyway. I was making a 7c profit. Probably better off just farming mats all day.
    "higher level" as in copper ore is a white item, and vials are blue

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Vial of weak blood is for 1-75 crafting stuff. Same for Copper Ore. Oh well, it's not like you make a big profit anyway. I was making a 7c profit. Probably better off just farming mats all day.
    Vials of Blood and Vials of Weak Blood are not the same thing. Vials of blood are much higher level.

  14. #14
    the fee is 5% for listing and 10% cut if you sell them so its 15%

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    LOL. Another problem I found is that I placed a custom order, then canceled the custom order, I didn't get all my gold back. I was missing about 1 silver.
    Placing custom orders ALSO cost a fee..

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Placing custom orders ALSO cost a fee..
    They're really trying to make it hard for noobs like myself to play the auction house, huh? lol

  17. #17
    Immortal Maklor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    7,939
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    LOL. Another problem I found is that I placed a custom order, then canceled the custom order, I didn't get all my gold back. I was missing about 1 silver.
    The "problem" is on your end so stop calling it a problem.

  18. #18
    Moderator Rivelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Castiel's Army
    Posts
    5,663
    The "problem" I see with the trading post is that it's usually always "down for maintenance". LOL.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    The "problem" is on your end so stop calling it a problem.
    Gee I'm sorry I didn't know about all these hidden fees. When the TP says that I will be making 21s and then I only get 18s and 91c on my sale, of course I'm going to think there is a problem. If they included the hidden fees all together for your total sale price when you click "Sell" then people wouldn't be so confused.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    The "problem" I see with the trading post is that it's usually always "down for maintenance". LOL.
    Still?
    Pretty much everytime i look now it's up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •