Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should I buy GW2

I just came back from vacation in Europe and missed out on the GW2 launch...are there still lots of people playing the game? I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, so I like the game.

If you can find a place to buy it, yes.

Guildwars2 is probably the best MMO game that have ever been released since WoW.

Maybe I should change my sig to this?

Don't know whether to buy GW2?

Just ask hypnotoad.

All glory to the hypnotoad!

...and buy GW2!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Do you love PvE and don't like PvP? Don't buy it, you will be disappointed, otherwise buy it.

Do you love questin in style like WoW? Don't buy it. If you really like to level through exploring, crafting and dynamic events (which you will have to do multiple times and they are jsut zerging) buy it.

You don't like grinding? Dont buy it, the game is a pretty heavy grindgame.

The game is absolutely okay, different oppinions, different views. Me for example, I gave the game back and I did not like it, but truely its the best MMO that came out since WoW, but only because the others were major disappointments, too.

See if you can test it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    I just came back from vacation in Europe and missed out on the GW2 launch...are there still lots of people playing the game? I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, so I like the game.
    TONS of people are playing, the worlds are packed.
    Best $60 I ever spent
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

Wait another one of these threads....And seriously are there still lots of people playing this game, its 2 weeks since launch ofc. You liked it so just buy it already.

Well, that depends.

Do you enjoy sitting in one spot mindlessly spamming your Fireball, or Shadowbolt or whatever spell/attacks you use in a rotation while sometimes sidestepping out of bad stuff?

Or, do you prefer to play a fully diverse class that can drastically change playstyle based on additional skills you choose, as well as weapon/gear you equip, which involves constant attention to making sure you dodge attacks, remove debuffs, and support your party?

If the latter, GW2.

Also, it's a $60 investment compared to other MMO's $60+ start-up fees (+ = Expansions) in addition to a monthly sub of $10-15.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You don't like grinding? Dont buy it, the game is a pretty heavy grindgame.
    what... how on earth is THIS a grind, it's less of a gridn than wow, which is already a pretty weak grind comapred to a real grind like RO or EQ1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Well, that depends.

Do you enjoy sitting in one spot mindlessly spamming your Fireball, or Shadowbolt or whatever spell/attacks you use in a rotation while sometimes sidestepping out of bad stuff?

Or, do you prefer to play a fully diverse class that can drastically change playstyle based on additional skills you choose, as well as weapon/gear you equip, which involves constant attention to making sure you dodge attacks, remove debuffs, and support your party?

If the latter, GW2.

Also, it's a $60 investment compared to other MMO's $60+ start-up fees (+ = Expansions) in addition to a monthly sub of $10-15.
    Heh, both descriptions are exaggerated... I love both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitomi View Post
    what... how on earth is THIS a grind, it's less of a gridn than wow, which is already a pretty weak grind comapred to a real grind like RO or EQ1.
    Well, depends on what your definition of grinding is. For me, that's mindlessly killing mobs to level (eg Archlord). The moment there's dungeons and the likes involved, it's not a grind to me anymore.
    CPU: I7 2600k @ 3.5GHz - GPU:ASUS DCUIIO GTX680 MOBO: MSI Z68-GD65 G3 - RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 - SSD: MX100 512GB - HDD: WD Blue 1TB/WD Green 2TB - CASE: Aerocool Xwarrior - Monitor: Samsung SA300 23" + Medion 23" (2x 1080p) - PSU: Corsair TX 850 - OS: Win7 Ultimate 64

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And 97% of the Internet knows that 99% of statistics are made up on the spot!

If you actually manage to buy it then yes, I would give it a try.
    It's ridiculous how it's nowhere available at the moment though, even their own digital copies are "sold out"...

Most lamest thing I've ever heard. Got a few friends wanting to join me but they can find the game anywhere. :/
    What is worth fighting for?

Well it doesn't particularly matter since the OP says "so I like the game." If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, donate the money to someone that does and have them buy it. Either way, someone buys GW2 so its a win-win.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

If you enjoyed the beta then there is absolutely no reason not to buy it just because you missed the launch, I would really hope that it can hold its playerbase more than 2 weeks so it really shouldn't be an issue finding people to play with just because you're a few weeks behind.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

It's pretty grindy... really grindy.

You got your main story
    then your sub-quests spread across the map
    then random events you come across...

Most of the time (I'm playing warrior) I'm honestly in a big group of a mess... I just look for red circles on the ground (REALLY HARD TO SEE SOMETIMES D and mash my "5" attack skills...

I just find that combat... is.. uh.. different a bit... I'm an avid MMO player, and sometimes I feel lost in "big" combat situations...
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-09-08 at 05:23 PM.
    3DS FC: 5172 - 0403 - 7277
    Pokemon Y Safari Steel Type (Feroseed, Forretess, Brozong)
    Bravely Default
    White Mage|XIV Stream

lol how can digital copies be sold out?

Anyway, back do OP. Don't buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post

Their not sold out, they stopped sales to ease the pressure on the servers for their already existing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Well, that depends.

If the latter, GW2.

You sir, have mastered the art of exaggerating.

Thanks Quosk1867, for the amazing sig! <3

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, so I like the game.
    Do you even have to make a thread and ASK if what you say is true?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post

Well they arent sold out, you just cant buy them because anet wont sell them until they are ready.