Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Should I buy GW2

I just came back from vacation in Europe and missed out on the GW2 launch...are there still lots of people playing the game? I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, so I like the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can find a place to buy it, yes.

Deleted
    I guesssss

Deleted
    Guildwars2 is probably the best MMO game that have ever been released since WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I should change my sig to this?

Don't know whether to buy GW2?

Just ask hypnotoad.

All glory to the hypnotoad!

...and buy GW2!
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Do you love PvE and don't like PvP? Don't buy it, you will be disappointed, otherwise buy it.

Do you love questin in style like WoW? Don't buy it. If you really like to level through exploring, crafting and dynamic events (which you will have to do multiple times and they are jsut zerging) buy it.

You don't like grinding? Dont buy it, the game is a pretty heavy grindgame.

The game is absolutely okay, different oppinions, different views. Me for example, I gave the game back and I did not like it, but truely its the best MMO that came out since WoW, but only because the others were major disappointments, too.

See if you can test it anywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    I just came back from vacation in Europe and missed out on the GW2 launch...are there still lots of people playing the game? I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, so I like the game.
    TONS of people are playing, the worlds are packed.
    Best $60 I ever spent
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait another one of these threads....And seriously are there still lots of people playing this game, its 2 weeks since launch ofc. You liked it so just buy it already.

Well, that depends.

Do you enjoy sitting in one spot mindlessly spamming your Fireball, or Shadowbolt or whatever spell/attacks you use in a rotation while sometimes sidestepping out of bad stuff?

Or, do you prefer to play a fully diverse class that can drastically change playstyle based on additional skills you choose, as well as weapon/gear you equip, which involves constant attention to making sure you dodge attacks, remove debuffs, and support your party?

If the latter, GW2.

Also, it's a $60 investment compared to other MMO's $60+ start-up fees (+ = Expansions) in addition to a monthly sub of $10-15.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You don't like grinding? Dont buy it, the game is a pretty heavy grindgame.
    what... how on earth is THIS a grind, it's less of a gridn than wow, which is already a pretty weak grind comapred to a real grind like RO or EQ1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Well, that depends.

Do you enjoy sitting in one spot mindlessly spamming your Fireball, or Shadowbolt or whatever spell/attacks you use in a rotation while sometimes sidestepping out of bad stuff?

Or, do you prefer to play a fully diverse class that can drastically change playstyle based on additional skills you choose, as well as weapon/gear you equip, which involves constant attention to making sure you dodge attacks, remove debuffs, and support your party?

If the latter, GW2.

Also, it's a $60 investment compared to other MMO's $60+ start-up fees (+ = Expansions) in addition to a monthly sub of $10-15.
    Heh, both descriptions are exaggerated... I love both games.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitomi View Post
    what... how on earth is THIS a grind, it's less of a gridn than wow, which is already a pretty weak grind comapred to a real grind like RO or EQ1.
    Well, depends on what your definition of grinding is. For me, that's mindlessly killing mobs to level (eg Archlord). The moment there's dungeons and the likes involved, it's not a grind to me anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you actually manage to buy it then yes, I would give it a try.
    It's ridiculous how it's nowhere available at the moment though, even their own digital copies are "sold out"...

Most lamest thing I've ever heard. Got a few friends wanting to join me but they can find the game anywhere. :/
    What is worth fighting for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it doesn't particularly matter since the OP says "so I like the game." If you like it, buy it. If you don't like it, donate the money to someone that does and have them buy it. Either way, someone buys GW2 so its a win-win.

Deleted
    If you enjoyed the beta then there is absolutely no reason not to buy it just because you missed the launch, I would really hope that it can hold its playerbase more than 2 weeks so it really shouldn't be an issue finding people to play with just because you're a few weeks behind.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty grindy... really grindy.

You got your main story
    then your sub-quests spread across the map
    then random events you come across...

Most of the time (I'm playing warrior) I'm honestly in a big group of a mess... I just look for red circles on the ground (REALLY HARD TO SEE SOMETIMES D and mash my "5" attack skills...

I just find that combat... is.. uh.. different a bit... I'm an avid MMO player, and sometimes I feel lost in "big" combat situations...
    Last edited by spaace; 2012-09-08 at 05:23 PM.

Deleted
    lol how can digital copies be sold out?

Anyway, back do OP. Don't buy it!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post

Their not sold out, they stopped sales to ease the pressure on the servers for their already existing players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Well, that depends.

If the latter, GW2.

You sir, have mastered the art of exaggerating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyc View Post

Well they arent sold out, you just cant buy them because anet wont sell them until they are ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Their not sold out, they stopped sales to ease the pressure on the servers for their already existing players.
    Its pretty much the same thing though. Millions bought it so, like D3 at launch, the servers are maxed out and then some. So whether or not you want to call it "sold out," Arena Net's infrastructure for GW2 simply couldn't handle the non-stop flood. If WoW had a digital option at launch they probably would have put its sales on hold too while they added more hardware.