Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild wars 2 is the best MMO I have ever tried, better than World of Warcraft in its prime, in my opinion.
    And the game is NOT a grind, hell even World of Warcraft is more of a grind.

I can't believe you would ask this question on a WoW designated website. All you will get here is WoW trolls bashing it for no apparent reason. Ask this question on a neutral forum that doesn't favor one game over another, but since you have asked it here I will tell you my answer. Get it. First MMO that made me lose all my interest in WoW and its upcoming expansion(I have always pre-ordered WoW expansions and joined the midnight launch events). I am not going to get in to too much details, but it has an insanely competitive pvp and a nice pve(GW is all about pvp so this is a plus and I nice one) to go along with it. Explore on my friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You don't like grinding? Dont buy it, the game is a pretty heavy grindgame.

You must be playing a different game, GW2 is really ligth on the grind:

- There is no XP levelling curve.
    - You can fully play structured PvP by getting one character to level 2.
    - You get XP for crafting, the crafting is really quick, no need to go off and make a coffe whilst you wait for ore to be turned into ingots.
    - The only "grind" in the game is optional and for cosmetic reasons.

and so on, GW2 is one of the least grindy MMOs out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    It's pretty grindy... really grindy.

You got your main story
    then your sub-quests spread across the map
    then random events you come across...

Most of the time (I'm playing warrior) I'm honestly in a big group of a mess... I just look for red circles on the ground (REALLY HARD TO SEE SOMETIMES D and mash my "5" attack skills...

I just find that combat... is.. uh.. different a bit... I'm an avid MMO player, and sometimes I feel lost in "big" combat situations...
    Define "grindy", and what game does not have any kind of "grind" whatsoever, it's blatantly stupid to call games grindly just 'cause you followed ONE path of leveling, you can level by crafting/exploring/hearts or just do DE's on low lvl's just for fun and you'll lvl up.

If you're an avid mmo-player then you should know that every other mmo feels messy with a big group of players, if you're randomly mashing your buttons without any knowledge of what you'll doing, you'll end up dead on every dungeon/pvp scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    I had lots of fun on the beta weekends, so I like the game.
    I think you answered your own question there.

(You should buy GW2)

Guild wars 2 is amazing. I haven't had so much fun since The Burning Crusade.

It's the best MMO since Vanilla WoW in my opinion, definitely worth the money, and there’s no subscription

It won’t be easy to find a copy though, so gl with that

Hopefully this article can tell you the good and bad of GW2! Hope you can find a copy!

Forbes Guild Wars 2 Review

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoja View Post
    I can't believe you would ask this question on a WoW designated website. All you will get here is WoW trolls bashing it for no apparent reason. Ask this question on a neutral forum that doesn't favor one game over another, but since you have asked it here I will tell you my answer. Get it. First MMO that made me lose all my interest in WoW and its upcoming expansion(I have always pre-ordered WoW expansions and joined the midnight launch events). I am not going to get in to too much details, but it has an insanely competitive pvp and a nice pve(GW is all about pvp so this is a plus and I nice one) to go along with it. Explore on my friend.
    You can tell by the replies that what you said is nonsense, you will get a handful of people who offer constructive criticism and those that just flame it is no different if you went to the wow boards, this GW2 sub forum will give you exactly the same answers as a neutral forum, haters and trolls are everywhere.

No buy WOW MOP when its out instead you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    You can tell by the replies that what you said is nonsense, you will get a handful of people who offer constructive criticism and those that just flame it is no different if you went to the wow boards, this GW2 sub forum will give you exactly the same answers as a neutral forum, haters and trolls are everywhere.

Well, I am at work and only read your post which I then replied to. I am glad your thread is not getting trolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    No buy WOW MOP when its out instead you won't regret it.
    Okay, not.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've ever played Phantasy star games, it's like that but with a better following.

Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    You don't like grinding? Dont buy it, the game is a pretty heavy grindgame.
    Unjustifiable claim.

Just because you couldn't get a full set of max stat end game gear within 2 weeks of the games launch, (which many people have btw) Does not mean it's a grindfest game.

Even WoW couldn't be considered a grindfest game, go buy it and tell me how long it takes you to get to level cap and get max stat gear.

The game is AAA and easily worth every single penny and much more of the purchase price. And to top it all off there is no sub fee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    If you've ever played Phantasy star games, it's like that but with a better following.
    I really, really like this analogy a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a waste of space on the first page of the forum, ugh. You just said you like the game, so buy it!

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Wait another one of these threads....And seriously are there still lots of people playing this game, its 2 weeks since launch ofc. You liked it so just buy it already.
    ^This!

I took a look at the thread from my phone and decided to buy the game. However I couldn't find it in any store that I went to in Calgary what the hell. People from EBgames told me even the digital version is sold out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy it... why? I've heard too much negativity to spend 60 bucks on it. If it truly was such an amazing game, there wouldn't be this much hate towards the game.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm everywhere and nowhere at the same time!
    Oh bro, we had a pal that just finished his service in the army recently and missed the launch. Right now the digital version is locked but we going shopping with him because apparently some stores may have boxes still . But that means he haves to pay more because of the tax lol xD

Quote Originally Posted by sixx View Post
    Oh bro, we had a pal that just finished his service in the army recently and missed the launch. Right now the digital version is locked but we going shopping with him because apparently some stores may have boxes still . But that means he haves to pay more because of the tax lol xD
    Ya I have to keep looking, I been calling some stores, cant find a copy!