Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

some challenge mode internal testers quotes from Ghostcrawler's Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler's Twitter
    I love challenge modes. Here are some quotes (as far as I remember) from our internal testers.

"Challenge modes make me wish I could cast spells while casting other spells. Even off the GCD doesn't come soon enough."
    "There's that moment after you beat Ook-Ook where your chest tightens a minute because you know what's coming next. That damn rabbit."
    "Challenge modes are like phase 4 Ragnaros... that lasts for 20 to 30 minutes."
    "Challenge modes make me use every one of my class abilities. No other part of the game does that."
    "Challenge modes are the most stressful thing I have ever done in Wow. And I love it!"

it seems like Challenge mode is actually challenging. those that have been on the Beta and did these challenge modes, how did you experience it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some encounters are hard as hell where as pretty much everything will insta-gib you.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Not biased much. According to Blizz every raid is the greatest ever

Lol, sounds like how T11 Heroics were before the nerfs.

But I'm more concerned when they decide it's not fair the casuals are being excluded from mounts and transmog gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post

But I'm more concerned when they decide it's not fair the casuals are being excluded from mounts and transmog gear.
    another GC quote:

We are going to fight that as hard as we can.

replied to:

will challenge modes get nerfed someday because of many players who want the mount and transmog wont be able to do it?

Are these the same guys who internally tested Diablo 3 and talked up how impossible inferno was going to be? Cause if so, then I expect to get gold on my first try on challenge modes.

Deleted
    "seems like"
    "internal testing"

And instead of openly trash talking on something you could try/have tried, why haven't you done it?

It actually is hard, probably harder and more unforgiving than the whole heroic T14 and will most likely get nerfed when the best players will get around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoon View Post
    Are these the same guys who internally tested Diablo 3 and talked up how impossible inferno was going to be? Cause if so, then I expect to get gold on my first try on challenge modes.
    Why don't you report back on how that goes for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    those that have been on the Beta and did these challenge modes, how did you experience it?
    I only did 2 (or 3 maybe?) of the instances, but based on them I think challenge modes are overhyped a bit. They're definitely a step up from the other 5mans, and once the competition for realm first time gets really going it'll be tough to beat it, but they're still relatively easy to complete - unless all the posts were talking about gold medal being hard to get (they keep saying challenge modes will be hard - does that mean in general or just gold ?). In 2 of the instances we went with roughly the same group of 5 guildies (1 player might've changed) and we CC'd 2-3 mobs in total. I only remember one pack in scarlet halls being really deadly. Can't say anything about the time limits for the medals as they were very much a placeholder at the time.

With all that being said, I still loved it. We were talking on vent and everyone seemed to agree, it was actually fun to do them. I doubt I'll go for them asap, but I'll definitely try to get the gold at some point.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

The hard part will be competing with other groups to get the lowest time. The actual difficulty likely will be similar to doing a ZA bear run at the appropriate gear level: Not easy, but not too hard for a good group.

another GC quote:

replied to:

will challenge modes get nerfed someday because of many players who want the mount and transmog wont be able to do it?
    And more than likely the only thing that will get nerfed so more get the rewards is the time required to reach those rewards. The difficulty will still be there and there will be a time stamp for those who completed it faster.

I'm still jaded by their quotes from internal testing of Inferno mode in Diablo, I'll wait and try them myself, but I am cautiously optimistic. This new system could eventually be one the biggest weapons in beating all the hardcore/casual rage in the game.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I'm still jaded by their quotes from internal testing of Inferno mode in Diablo, I'll wait and try them myself, but I am cautiously optimistic. This new system could eventually be one the biggest weapons in beating all the hardcore/casual rage in the game.
    I'm sorry but you're jaded by their internal testing of Inferno mode but you haven't actually ran it yourself yet? Or am I just reading that wrong and you plan on running the challenge modes before commenting on them?

Isn't this the same internal testing team that couldn't kill Yogg+4?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes yes, this pleases me...

Sounds promising with difficulty but I won't judge it until I try it.

another GC quote:

replied to:

If subs keep declining you know there gonna have to nerf things.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post

As far as I know, T11 heroics never got nerfed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gewd gewd... I hope they DO fight this as much as they can, this mode is not for whiners.
    There's nothing in Challenge mode that helps 'progress' your character, so hopefully it's nerfbat immune. (Well unless absolutely no one managed to down a boss, then obviously a small reprogram might be in order)

I'm looking forward to having a piece of gameplay again, where I can gather my most dedicated and kill braincells with bashing our heads against brick wall bosses.
    Hopefully whine free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleid View Post
    As far as I know, T11 heroics never got nerfed.
    They didn't, I think Original poster is confusing Normals with Heroics.

T11 heroics are just as they were sir. Normal was nerfed by...25%? I think. Heroic remains as it was.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-09-09 at 11:40 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

From the initial looks of it (watching a few videos of each challenge mode over time), this seems to be a rough approximation of easiest to hardest challenge mode. I'll make a comment on the hardest and easiest ones (w/r to timer; all of the challenge modes could be beat decently easily if you slow down and don't risk missing a step rushing). Then again, these were open for 2 days a piece and had like 5 groups test them, so things could change dramatically.

Scarlet Halls - First boss was well tuned, but besides a few pulls in the middle, the second 2 bosses died in 70-90 seconds with hero.
    Mogu'shan Palace - Beastly trash & final boss, but first & second bosses are undertuned. Very luck based gold timer, too.
    Stormstout Brewery - Relatively easy trash & Ook-Ook. Rabbit boss on gets a bit harder.
    Scholomance - Nicely tuned on 4/5 bosses, trash is moderately difficult.
    Shado'pan Monastery - Crazy third & final bosses, possibly overtuned at first. Other 2 were fine/weak. Trash between 3rd and 4th bosses will make you cry.
    Seige of Narzau Temple - Moderate to quite difficult to pull fast in most of the time.
    Temple of the Jade Serpent - Tough first 3 bosses, insane last one. Moderate trash.
    Gate of the Setting Sun - Insane trash before 1st boss & on the way to 2nd & 3rd. Tough 1st & 3rd. Insane 2nd and 4th bosses.
    Scarlet Monastery - Almost every trash pull in here is dangerous AND all three boss encounters are quite difficult (to do in a rushed, Gold timer sense)