Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Should I wait for a trial?

Well first of all I'm sorry if this is another should I buy this game/is this game for me thread but, I decided to ask a gaming forum for this. First I'd wanna say I'm not doing like what I've done with swtor that I've wasted my money ending up not liking the game and I dont wanna repeat the same mistake with Guild Wars.

Now I know its my choice but my question is should I wait for a trial to buy it or no? Here's my interests in a new MMO usually I like to do PvP in the low lvls and usually I try PvE and see if I like it. So gw2 players how is pve in the game and pvp? I mostly like PvP at start but is end game PvE fun? and how is lvling is it too grindy or so? and in general how do you feel about this game, would an old wow player like it or not? I've asked this also cuz most of my friends left wow and will play guild wars 2 but meh some of them will come back when MoP is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

Deleted
    I can't say much for pvp (did one bg and two times wvwvw) but as for pve: I always hated leveling in wow/tera(trial)/swotr(trial) but loved it in gw1 since it was only 20 lvls. However in gw2 I hated it that I reached max lvl cause it was so fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt that there will be any trial as this is a B2P game.

im waiting for a trial also; i dont know how well it will run, probably wont get a refund if i try it and doesnt work, and never got into beta to see how fun it was. dont want to impulse buy and regret it like diablo 3
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Was there a trial in GW1? I don't remember one. GW2 is B2P so I wouldn't even expect one. At best I think you can wait till retail price will go down.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

There was a trial for Guild Wars 1. Likely will have to wait for it just like other MMOs.

And yes, wait for a trial if you have any ambivalence about the game based on the information out there. All the Guild Wars games are made in a particular style. It can be a turn off to some.

Quote Originally Posted by Talorh View Post
    Was there a trial in GW1? I don't remember one. GW2 is B2P so I wouldn't even expect one. At best I think you can wait till retail price will go down.
    There was one. I tried it, but the lack of jumping and too much loading turned me off.

15+ Year Old Account
    I spent $60 on Warhammer and hated it. I spent $60 on Aion and hated it. I spent $60 on Rift and it was kinda meh..

But then I spent $60 on Guild Wars 2, and it was money well spent.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think you will be waiting a long time for a trial, i don't think Anet could handle all the new users that would come with it at the moment.

No, Arena-net has sold so many of the game that they have had to stop 1st party sales (though you can still buy from 3rd party stores. i.e Gamestop, Best Buy, Amazon, ect) because they want to keep the servers stable for the people who have purchased it, meaning that they will not have a trial for a LONG time if ever. I recommend buying it though. You'll sink an extraordinary amount of time into it all for $60 and have a blast.Normally I wouldn't recommend buying an MMO w/o a trial, but seeing as there is no sub fee it is the same price as buying a single player game, except you get way more content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you should as long as you're fine waiting months. It's very unlikely that we'll see a trial before 6 months, but I imagine they'll do one sooner or later in some form (weekend trial, up to level X, 7 days, etc). This presumes that the $60 is meaningful money to you and you'd be pissed if you spent it and didn't like GW2.

In general, the answer is always "If you're on the fence, wait until you can try a game without buying it" IMO. The only exception is if the game's cheap or if the price of the game isn't much relative to your disposable income.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh ok, thanks for the opinion guys tho ill wait then :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mil Mascaras View Post
    People complain that catering to the 1% of players for (mythic) raids is atrocious.

981 page thread about wanting Blizzard to cater to less 1% of the player base is downright giggle worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Should I wait for a trial?
    Considering that its B2P, and selling so well that they've actually put direct digital on hold, it may be a long time before you see a trial offered.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Doubt there will be a trial till at least the 1 year anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I say go for it! I've wasted $60-90 on worse games over the past 20+ years. Live a little!

10+ Year Old Account
    There were trials, for a small ammount of time in gw1, usually like 5 hours or so from what I remember. They also didn't just give them away, you had to get one from someone who bought the actual game.

Deleted
    Just dont expect a trial tomorrow, perhaps not within upcoming year. So its a matter of how long you want to wait

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Considering that its B2P, and selling so well that they've actually put direct digital on hold, it may be a long time before you see a trial offered.
    and this, don't expect one anytime soon.