10+ Year Old Account

Regular Bluescreens

Hey,

For the past few months I have been dealing with bluescreens a lot, it is rather irritating to say the least.

The issue occurs when my AMD Drivers crash while I am watching a youtube video or twitcth.tv stream. The video/stream goes green and that's kinda it. I normally have to close the video or stream for it to fix but whenever I restart the browser and turn on a youtube video or stream I get a bluescreen.

This has been happening for a while now, I have wiped my video card drivers multiple times and re-installed with no avail, I have also wiped the flash player from my pc and reinstalled it just incase. Again, to no avail.

The bluescreen always says the same thing; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it my card dying? Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted
    Since you've tried reinstalling all GPU drivers already, try a memtest. Just download, burn to CD/dvd and boot from it. If it's a faulty RAM module, that'll point that out.

I don't know how thoroughly you've cleaned your PC from drivers, but you can also try Driversweeper. It'll check for remains of old drivers that may cause the problem.

Last thing I can come up with (lol, 2nd time editing, I keep on remembering stuff I used to do when I had it...) is running chkdsk.
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2012-09-08 at 07:26 PM.

Is there an error code besides the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL?

try removing your ram and re-seating them, used compressed air to clean out any dust from the system. If you can find Event Viewer you can open that up and see what problems are listed there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was having a ton of BSOD issues as well recently. It kept happening mostly while gaming and was driving me up a freakin' wall (about to hit a boss in D3, 5 stacks of valor, BSOD). After trying to Google for a while, I came across this site: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/

The guys that help on that crash/debugging forum are awesomely knowledgeable and helped me through my BSOD issue (took about a week to isolate it). Come to find out one of my RAM sticks was bad and causing the issues when under load. I'd advise hitting them up, be sure to follow the steps they tell you when uploading your dump files!

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 03:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elapo View Post
    Since you've tried reinstalling all GPU drivers already, try a memtest. Just download, burn to CD/dvd and boot from it. If it's a faulty RAM module, that'll point that out.

I don't know how thoroughly you've cleaned your PC from drivers, but you can also try Driversweeper. It'll check for remains of old drivers that may cause the problem.

Last thing I can come up with (lol, 2nd time editing, I keep on remembering stuff I used to do when I had it...) is running chkdsk.
    It won't always. I Memtested the one stick that was bad for 15hrs and it still passed the test. It's slim, but it won't always point out the faulty one.