Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Pot meet Kettle.

---------- Post added 2012-09-11 at 04:00 PM ----------

Thoughts on the game are one thing. The following 2 statements are not that, they are "predictions of doom" or him trying to tell us what others will be doing:

"IMHO, people are only playing GW2 until MoP drops, and I guarantee a huge portion will come right back to WoW."

"GW2 is what I call a flavor of the month game. Its a game that gets attention for a month, and all the friends play it, but after that, its dead, and barely anyone mention's it."

Adding these sort of things to a post will always get that sort of response. They are almost like putting a target on a post and saying flame away.
    Maybe i'm strict on semantics (add that english isn't my first language), but he both said "IMHO" and "what I call".
    It makes a difference to me.
    Round here we have the bad habit of feeding trolls (and keeping them alive), and bashing people with personal opinions, even if highly debatable like Eirangel's "predictions of doom".
    I'm fine with haters, as long as they don't keep nagging and nagging.
    But these are just my two coppers.
    Thanks for your answer, G_M!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    After hitting 80 it became a bit boring to me - but maybe that's just me. I just like constant upgrade and growth.
    I'm assuming you already have legendary weapons and exotic armor? Have completed your personal story and done all of the dungeons' explorable modes?

I love the game, its not boring or stale like wow, it gives me the same feeling wow did when it first came out

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    Maybe i'm strict on semantics (add that english isn't my first language), but he both said "IMHO" and "what I call".
    It makes a difference to me.
    Round here we have the bad habit of feeding trolls (and keeping them alive), and bashing people with personal opinions, even if highly debatable like Eirangel's "predictions of doom".
    I'm fine with haters, as long as they don't keep nagging and nagging.
    But these are just my two coppers.
    Thanks for your answer, G_M!
    The problem is that those statements are not simply stating an opinion of his. While he labels them as he did, he is ascribing conditions to the game that people may disagree with. Calling a game fotm is not stating an opinion, it's making a broad generalization of the people playing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    I'm assuming you already have legendary weapons and exotic armor? Have completed your personal story and done all of the dungeons' explorable modes?
    Kryos just love raids + gear upgrade . We cant do anything about it , and i repsect his Post
    I wish ppl where like him , istead of flamtrolling :P

Guild Wars 2 is NOT a bad game. The PVE is worthless IMO, but the PVP is amazing. In WvWvW you just cant compare it to any other MMO PVP. I can sadly compare it to the old AV's in Classic. 'flame shield activated'. The combat is great, ranged is the most fun IMO but melee is not bad at all.

To me its worth the $60, for the fun combat and PVP. PVE is not at the same level as (Swtor, WoW, Rift even) its not as bad as WH-Age of Reckoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemonster View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is NOT a bad game. The PVE is worthless IMO, but the PVP is amazing. In WvWvW you just cant compare it to any other MMO PVP. I can sadly compare it to the old AV's in Classic. 'flame shield activated'. The combat is great, ranged is the most fun IMO but melee is not bad at all.

To me its worth the $60, for the fun combat and PVP. PVE is not at the same level as (Swtor, WoW, Rift even) its not as bad as WH-Age of Reckoning.
    PvE isn't worthless to everybody. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    PvE isn't worthless to everybody. :P
    Tis why I said IMO!

But I can see why some could enjoy it. I should clarify that I mean the STORY is kinda bad IMO.

The 'New' DYNAMIC questing system wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.

The amount of WoW and GW2 fanboys arguing like 5 year olds in this thread is hilarious.

OT: I like GW2 so far, but combat gets boring pretty fast. I like the idea of random events and stuff, but it's really just the same old questing style: Kill x amount of these, collect y amount of those just that they can pop up randomly instead of finding the NPC with "!" over his/her head. It's not groundbreaking, but it's better than static quest NPCs for sure.

GW2 is a fun game, but it's not going to pull me away from WoW. I just like the gameplay in WoW more, but the good thing is GW2 has no monthly sub fee.

Let's not call others fanboys please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-09-11 at 05:52 PM.

Deleted
    I have to say: Guild Wars 2 Is the best MMO I have ever played.
    Ofc there are some things that annoy me sometimes (like dieing so often in storyline quests xD) but it's just a epic game.
    I can recommend it to everybody!

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ludacrits - I dunno. After 5+ years of playing it, I feel like the gameplay in WoW is stale. It hasn't changed much in those 5 years. Not that it necessarily needs to change, because it's got a good thing going, but it's still the same old game. GW2 is great for people looking for a change of pace, while still wanting to play an MMORPG.

The weird thing is, ever since I first tried GW2, every time I went back to trying out WoW beta, I found myself wishing I had a dodge button. :<
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

It's alright, certainly not mind blowing great but not the worst MMO ever either. The truth is, it's just a better then average game with FAR too much hype about it. It's worth trying if you're interested, but if your the typical MMO player looking for gear to grind or an end game you will find yourself disappointed.

Guild Wars 2 is not a bad game. It's a really good game and does a lot of things right. It has it's flaws, but it's different so you kinda just have to adjust yourself to that.

The matter of the fact is, i payed 150$ or something for the CE. Buying the game will only cost you like 60 or something. You can play it 1 month, get a lot of shit done and then go back to another game. You get bored of the next game and hey, they have released something new, or you just wan't to try out the new DE's they have added. Just like WoW, this game is getting content updates, only difference is, they don't need you to pay them monthly so they can create content for you. ¨

I'm already looking forward to what they will be adding, seeing all the possibilities.

I played the game for a couple months. I do not like it as a pvp game.

The wvw strategy is pretty cool. Capturing objectives and maps requires a lot of strategy, timing and luck. 90% of the time a battle boils down to whether you have a big enough zerg. However, zergs can be their own weakness. Zergs get stupid.

The pve content will keep you happy for a week or so. Then it becomes old hat and you should pray that first character you level up is the character you want to stick with. It's grindy just like all mmos and the dynamic quests only work because population is still high.

The combat skills are very limited and traits do not synergize well. You're really only looking at a few viable builds for each class. Just like any other mmo. One huge win is that you can do spvp to try out all builds and gear so that you don't have to waste months gearing up a build only to find that it stinks.

The combat mechanics make the combat seem fast and exciting but I found it to be terrible. It's basically a huge furious mess of aoe damage and invisible melee damage. If your really unlucky, a Mesmer will teleport 40 enemies directly on top of you. So much for a small skilled party fighting off a large Zerg. It basically boils down to whose Zerg can do the most aoe, go invisible first, Mesmer bomb first or put up the most arrow carts or any combination thereof. The pvp combat is just bad. The moment they allowed classes to fight while invisible or hav the ability to teleport 30 characters was the moment they ruined pvp combat.

Downed state is a terrible idea especially when some classes downed state much much better. The most op classes also get the most op downed states. Better roll one of those classes. You shouldn't have to kill an enemy twice.

The game didn't want to rely on the classic healer, tank, dps model but they went waaaaay to far.
    The only real team play comes in the form of combo attacks , of which only a few are good making only a couple classes essential... Cough cough... Mesmer, thief. I guess you could call Zerg bombing a form of team play but then of course you need a Mesmer to teleport the Zerg bomb onto the other Zerg.

The characters are rendered horribly. It is very dificult to acquire an acceptable target in a large fight. By the time you e acquired a good target, it's gone or you're dead. It's best just to get a target and get a few attacks off and hope you picked one that's defeatable.

I come back to play every now and then because the game had so much potential. The combat is just too much Like what would happen if you threw 60 cats into a large sack, swung it around and left it there for an hour...horrible.

Do not necro very old threads. Check date & time of the OP and last posts of threads before posting.

-- Fencers