Thread: So..

So..

is affliction any good for pvp atm? if so,what talents you peepz using? feels a bit weak to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
    is affliction any good for pvp atm? if so,what talents you peepz using? feels a bit weak to me...
    It is, but it does feel weaker compared to other classes like Mage or Shadow Priest, but it's still good. If you feel like it's weak now, you'll be surprised how it's gonna be at 90, but at 85 is strong.

Talents are situational, depends on what you want them... duels, BGs, wargames... I personally use for both Destro and Affliction the same setup for BGs and duels and that is: 1-Dark Regen, 2-Shadowfury, 3-Soul Link, 4-Blood Fear, 5-Grimoire of Sacrifice. For wargames, whenever I play them, I switch GoSac for Affliction to Supremacy; while in 2s you could still use GoSac as Affliction, in 3s is rather bad since you won't use Haunt or MG that often, since you'll need to just keep dots up, deal with CC or interrupts and rotate fears, for Destro GoSac is good in 3s arenas also since it increases the damage of everything you need and use often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    It is, but it does feel weaker compared to other classes like Mage or Shadow Priest, but it's still good. If you feel like it's weak now, you'll be surprised how it's gonna be at 90, but at 85 is strong.

Talents are situational, depends on what you want them... duels, BGs, wargames... I personally use for both Destro and Affliction the same setup for BGs and duels and that is: 1-Dark Regen, 2-Shadowfury, 3-Soul Link, 4-Blood Fear, 5-Grimoire of Sacrifice. For wargames, whenever I play them, I switch GoSac for Affliction to Supremacy; while in 2s you could still use GoSac as Affliction, in 3s is rather bad since you won't use Haunt or MG that often, since you'll need to just keep dots up, deal with CC or interrupts and rotate fears, for Destro GoSac is good in 3s arenas also since it increases the damage of everything you need and use often.
    Ive noticed about shadow priests,has destro dont think we can beat them..has affli what u think?

I played a lot on the PTR before 5.0.4 hit the live servers, for like 1 month, and both there and on live, Shadow Priests are almost impossible to beat as a Warlock... You could probably beat one in a BG since the heals are nerfed, but outside a BG or arena, it's impossible... Too much self healing (and it's constant, not like Warlock heal that has CDs), really good damage and a lot of mechanics to prevent damage...

Currently as a Warlock you can beat every single class (healers excluded) and you obviously can be beaten by them, but Shadow Priest is by far the class that counters a Warlock so badly, in fact they counter pretty much everything... I play both Warlock and Shadow Priest and the difference betweem them is huge... Only against Mages you could actually lose as a Shadow Priest, other than that, nothing really can beat you..

shadow priests are not a big deal for affli locks at all in BG. after depends on the talents you guys have

Quote Originally Posted by Beenieshaman View Post
    shadow priests are not a big deal for affli locks at all in BG. after depends on the talents you guys have
    what spec?

what spec?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...lestina/simple

So... I made this fairly specific thread, and thought, how can I name it in the most ambiguous possible way?

Then I hit the jackpot :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you just win because everyone who sees your char experiences this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POm9qT1d_8&t=80

sorry for offtopic ^.^
    Last edited by Elmi; 2012-09-08 at 10:37 PM.

ty,ill try this.

ty,ill try this.
    Np just remember to dont fear him everytime the 10sec is back up for him to be immune when he is going to heal or try to handle your death coil.
    Also play with fel hunter SUp(forgot his name in english).Always health stone with the talent that heal you as well 1st tier.

Try to answer you the best i could

It's good.

I'm using Soul Leech, Shadowfury, Dark Bargain, Unbound Will and GoSupremacy

Affliction is amazing and I am going to give you some tips for BGs

Don't haunt unless you're focusing a healer or a FC save your shards for soulburn: soul swap and keep as many people dotted as you can, this perpetuates high pressure and healing (see below).

Use glyph of Siphon Life and keep corruption up on EVERYTHING, a lot of you would shake your head at this at first, but in a heavy aoe moment (like running into a base to kill a flag carrier) this works like a mini rejuve, soulburn: soulswap helps with this, and you're going to see a LOT of healing come from this. During a bg I had done 600,000 self healing, 80% of that was the glyph.

Use Glyph of Unstable Affliction. The silence is only okay in BGs, much better in Arena, but basically by using the glyph you can one shot a (dumb) priest or hit a healer hard just to redot him in almost a global, in full 390 gear with 2500 pvp power the glyph causes 40k crits on fully geared targets and over 100k on non-geared targets.

Use glyph of Soul Shards and BE SURE to get drain life on a dying target, the tooltip doesn't say this but a target that dies under soul you get all your soul shards back.

Use GoSac, nothing worse than needing to swap to a target and you're missing damage from lacking a pet. I also run dark bargain and run it with unendying resolve. If you're stunned use unbound will. Personally, I sac felhunter for the silence, but the voidwalker last stand is pretty nice if teamed with soul link (I have about 300k hp).

I run dark Regen and always follow it with a healthstone in the 12 seconds of super healing. I also run howl of terror because melee suck still and can eat through you pretty quick. Soulburn: CoEx is pretty nice but the cost of a soul shard doesn't make it worth it to me.

Use full pvp gear, no need to run cunning anymore because PvP power is VERY strong, stronger than intellect at 85 end gear.

But other than that, just go wild, have fun, top damage charts. I usually lead the chart by at least 2.5 million if not more and top killing blows with least killed do to amazing livability and cooldown usage, this class and spec is amazing.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

I guess which opposing class you know the least, is the biggest problem right now. I personally didn't have problems with shadow priests, but warriors give me a hell of a time. Their uptime is like 99% if they tunnel you and they seem to be countering everything you do in some way. Mages feel easier to me than them post 504.

Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    I guess which opposing class you know the least, is the biggest problem right now. I personally didn't have problems with shadow priests, but warriors give me a hell of a time. Their uptime is like 99% if they tunnel you and they seem to be countering everything you do in some way. Mages feel easier to me than them post 504.
    That's funny. I completely obliterate one of my guild's warriors in duels now, and he's got 5 more years of PvP experience than I do.

(as demo before someone asks)

think hunters and shadow priest will kill us until they get nerfs.

think hunters and shadow priest will kill us until they get nerfs.
    Shadowpriests won't be killing you unless you let them. Hunters are strong, a skilled one can f*&@ you up. If you have pillars or any object for LOS, hide when they turn red. CoW is great for debuffing their damage as well.

Affliction is amazing in BG's. Glyphed Soul Swap, SB: SoC and Aura Mastery are really great. I like how interactive it is. You can pull some serious AoE with SB: SoC and SoC stacked. I just find it fun, unlike SPriests that just Mind Sear and get the same DPS, gets boring after a while.

I have both though. Aff is more fun, but Shadow is more durable in longer fights since 50% of its heals are spammable.