Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Pay the money. YOU tore the clothing, intentional or not. End of story. Better yet, take her to court. I would love to hear this play out in a court. "But your honor, she's DATING A BLACK MAN! I REST MY CASE!"
    Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by johnard19 View Post
    She probably thought im an easy pray to get money out of
    I don't think you understand the concept of 'fault' and 'reimbursement'.

so she grabbed onto you and ripped her blouse? and stop with the black man crap. That shit don't fly around here.

She probably thought im an easy pray to get money out of
    You're not "easy prey", you tore her clothing, ergo you are at fault. End of story. Even if she decides that clothing is worth $5608430983038, you're still responsible. Obviously not for that amount, but you're definitely responsible for the clothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not trolling...

that black man i was on about , he wasnt there when it happened.... he just joined in later... and its only later that i found out that there probably dating as they have all white kids... and the black man sounds like black people in africa.... so my appology if i didnt make it clear

and no i wouldnt pay £30/.. why should i??? after she twists the story??
    OK, a little step by step logical thinking for dummies 101 here:

- you skate backwards (you are creating a risk)
    - you fall (risk materialised)
    - you grab her (makes it your fault)
    - you ripped her shit (makes it your fault)
    - she was pissed (understandable)
    - she wants compensation (understandable)
    - she was going on and on about it (doesn't make her a nice person, but does NOT make it her fault, or less of your fault)
    - Black man shouting at you (totally irrelevant of where the fault lies here)
    - rip gotten bigger somehow (even if she rip it bigger, it makes her not a nice person, but still does NOT make it her fault, or less of your fault)
    - Manager paid for the shirt (again, not make it less of your fault)

So yeah, she might not be a very nice person, but it was your fault.

I wouldn't expect you to pay her the £30 anyway seeing how much of a little shit you are, I am glad the manager paid her the compensation in the end.

Deleted
    I am not trolling...

that black man i was on about , he wasnt there when it happened.... he just joined in later... and its only later that i found out that there probably dating as they have all white kids... and the black man sounds like black people in africa.... so my appology if i didnt make it clear

and no i wouldnt pay £30/.. why should i??? after she twists the story??
    okay, now I'm sure it's a troll. Nobody can be this retarded.

Flaming isn't tolerated here. Keep it civil, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-08 at 10:53 PM.

LOOK ICE SKATING IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE SPORT WHERE PEOPLE FALL ALL THE TIME???

U NOT BEEN ON ICE BEFORE???? EVEN WHEN YOU GO BACKWARDS PEOPEL DO BUMP INTO YOU..
    I'm Dutch. Frisian. Ice-skating was pretty much invénted here.

IT WAS JUST UNFORTUNATE THAT I HAD A BAD FALL AND ENDED UP TEARING THAT WOMANS SHIRT....
    Unfortunate, but you are responsible for creating a situation where the 'unfortunate' is more likely to happen.

BUT WITH ICE SKATING.. PEOPLE HIT OTHER PEOPLE SOO MANY TIMES.. INCLUDING ME..
    I don't know where you're from, but it sounds to me like you need a bigger rink. When ice skating, nobody in the Netherlands hits anyone much. You know why? Because we do it on lakes. We always keep a safe distance.

I HAVE BEEN HIT SOO MANY TIMES BY PEOPLE.... AS LONG AS THEY SAY SORRY THATS FINE ..... COZ I KNOW ITS ACCIDENT....
    However, if they fall, and in their falling tear your clothes up, you'll not be so forgiving.

THAT WOMAN THAT GONE MENTAL, SHES obviously stupid.. no manners whatsoever
    You're still a racist, and her shirt is still ruined by you. She might have no manners, she might be stupid, she might have 'gone mental,' but the blame is still yours, you are still inconsiderate, and you're still a racist.

I know a feller; he used to ride his motorcycles at speeds well over 200km/h, and we all called him inconsiderate. When he professed that he wasn't taking risks because he could control his vehicle, we explained that he was wrong, that he was wilfully putting other people at risk simply for his own kicks. When he finally crashed his bike and broke both legs, we told him we were glad he didn't injure anyone else.
    Afterwards, he became a much more considerate person.

And yeah; accidents happen in traffic all the time, as well. That doesn't mean you should ride in reverse in traffic, it doesn't mean you should do wheelies on the freeway. You're putting yourself and other people in danger. If anything happens, it's YOUR fault.

Am I the only one who finds the fact it says "Blademaster" under his name ironic? regardless, man up.

Deleted
    You are a dumb fuck. Then pointing out the fact it was a "BLACK MAN" witness makes you sound all the more sheltered mummies boy without a grasp on the real world.

If it was me or my kid you smashed into due to not paying attention you would have got a few elbows or knees to the head if you took this petty fairy attitude about not manning upto the accident you caused, especially if you looked like an adult.

You have spent every reply trying to justify that you were at no fault and this lady minding her own business if the cause of all this? You are the cause and you assaulted her while she was minding her own business, Maybe she should have called the police and sued you just to make it clear how cause and effect works to you underdeveloped kids..

If someone crashed onto a pavement and killed your mother due to chatting on the phone, should the guy get let off since accidents happen all the time?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-08 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    I'm Dutch. Frisian. Ice-skating was pretty much invénted here.

Unfortunate, but you are responsible for creating a situation where the 'unfortunate' is more likely to happen.

I don't know where you're from, but it sounds to me like you need a bigger rink. When ice skating, nobody in the Netherlands hits anyone much. You know why? Because we do it on lakes. We always keep a safe distance.

However, if they fall, and in their falling tear your clothes up, you'll not be so forgiving.

You're still a racist, and her shirt is still ruined by you. She might have no manners, she might be stupid, she might have 'gone mental,' but the blame is still yours, you are still inconsiderate, and you're still a racist.

I know a feller; he used to ride his motorcycles at speeds well over 200km/h, and we all called him inconsiderate. When he professed that he wasn't taking risks because he could control his vehicle, we explained that he was wrong, that he was wilfully putting other people at risk simply for his own kicks. When he finally crashed his bike and broke both legs, we told him we were glad he didn't injure anyone else.
    Afterwards, he became a much more considerate person.

And yeah; accidents happen in traffic all the time, as well. That doesn't mean you should ride in reverse in traffic, it doesn't mean you should do wheelies on the freeway. You're putting yourself and other people in danger. If anything happens, it's YOUR fault.
    Just to teach you some lessons... first i have been using GB money pounds aka £££ that means i live in england....

and yes we dont get too many snows in england thats why ice rink was invented

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foil View Post
    You are a dumb fuck. Then pointing out the fact it was a "BLACK MAN" witness makes you sound all the more sheltered mummies boy without a grasp on the real world.

If it was me or my kid you smashed into due to not paying attention you would have got a few elbows or knees to the head if you took this petty fairy attitude about not manning upto the accident you caused, especially if you looked like an adult.

You have spent every reply trying to justify that you were at no fault and this lady minding her own business if the cause of all this? You are the cause and you assaulted her while she was minding her own business, Maybe she should have called the police and sued you just to make it clear how cause and effect works to you underdeveloped kids..

If someone crashed onto a pavement and killed your mother due to chatting on the phone, should the guy get let off since accidents happen all the time?
    Why do people feel the need on bring stuff like Car accidents?????
    If you bump to people, you dont die!!!
    you would get hurt but you wont die...

so dont compare car accidents to ice skating accidents

You mean you think GB consists of only England?

Gosh. I'm betting you're a chav.

What's with all the inconsiderable people today? Skating backwards without looking with people around, ripping people to save yourself, and her being oblivious to the concept of "time and place"? And then a third party joins in and takes the blame.

I get wanting to skate backwards, when I was ice skating actively I did too. Wearing a helmet, and always making sure I wasn't too close to people. And any time I've had an accident, I've never tried dragging someone with me. It's the ultimate insult ("Hey, you're not worth as much as I am, come be my cushion"). That it's a reflex some people have is even worse, it only tells how deep this belief goes in certain individuals. But you can train to overcome it if you so choose. When people hurt me to ease the ramifications of their own fails, I get so mad. But even then, I wouldn't stand over someone who just had an accident and yell (time and place!). That must be the lowest of the whole story, a conscious choice to grieve someone in distress. Though, going off topic, she's just a product of her experiences, just as the OP.

So who to blame (as per the OP's question)? You could blame the womans husband for making her life so miserable (or whatever). But if OP's parents raised the OP correctly, the situation wouldn't even had occurred. I don't see the infatuation in pointing fingers (brought up in a family who absolutelloved that game), but if I had to play ball, I'd point them at the negative influence OP had that made him inconsiderate to his surroundings. Parents are usually a popular choice, though without all the facts it's impossible to say.

Respect your environment. Respect yourself. Wear a helmet. Wear seat belts in cars (and don't enter an argument with the driver!). Use condoms when appropriate. Tell her she doesn't look fat in that dress. All equally important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    She lost a £30 shirt.
    I wasn't thinking about that, really, and that's true. He does owe her the shirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    I think she was falling and he was trying to grab her, or something like that..?
    no, you misread. the OP was the one skating backwards, fell, and latched onto some womans shirt, ripping it in the process. the woman was just skating normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people feel the need on bring stuff like Car accidents?????
    If you bump to people, you dont die!!!
    you would get hurt but you wont die...

so dont compare car accidents to ice skating accidents
    OK, let change it a little:

You are reversing (like you do a lot during driving anyway), and you hit this 40 years old lady while you move backwards.

She didn't die, but she did fell and hurt herself, her "black boyfriend come shouting at you like an animal", so, in the end, the police come, the lady was saying like how she felt like she is dying, in extreme pain, and exaggerate the situation a little, but when the police make the decision, whose fault would it be?

You would be losing your licence there kid.

So you were a bit reckless, destroyed a woman's shirt, knocked yourself out, and upset that MMOC's forum goers won't back you up. Is that about right?

It seems odd that the woman's first reaction was to demand money for the damage done, that's just in poor taste and likely the main reason anyone at the scene might support you, but that's not exactly a cheap shirt (assuming she didn't lie about it's worth). I will point out that expensive women's clothing is delicate as hell. You don't go to a gala wearing ripstop nylon jumpers and canvas.

I'd say yes, you'd owe anyone whose clothing you destroyed due to your own mistake. It's pretty simple to not be reckless. Also, try not to wear anything pricey to the rink, yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we've reached the limit here. With the amount of insults directed at the OP flying around and the complete circles we're all taking in this, it's definitely reached an end point.