Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For sure never to late, but maybe you could look into lessons with supplied equipment just in case it turns out you don't really enjoy it all that much. Thats how I got started in piano, my mother put me in lessons instead of jumping in and buying an expensive piano on the chance that I may enjoy playing.

Deleted
    Jesus I read Sexphone, shit I'm frustrated I guess.

I have a tenor and alto, they are my favorite to play out of all 5 instruments I own, but the Sax sounds really cool but it's not as easy as the piano or guitar, so if you ever had problems with them then you might struggle with the sax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    It's never too late to learn a new thing. Just understand that it takes a while. 10,000 hours, on average, is supposed to be the time to master a new skill. Knock yourself out, just don't expect immediate results like most people tend to.
    Unless you're Asian.

I JEST, no, but really.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Music desn't have an age. It's about how inspired and artistic you can get with it.

Having spent the last 12 years playing the saxophone, I'll say it's definitely not too late. I had a student that was 76 when she started. She wasn't very good, and rarely practiced, but she was interested.

If you're going to do it, and you want to be even remotely serious about it, make sure to find someone to take lessons from. It's a crucial step in any musician's path to mastery of their instrument. (and not those crazy e-how-to websites....)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Jesus I read Sexphone, shit I'm frustrated I guess.
    roflmao... get some relieve.

OP. you are 20... you are still almost a kid... Just left the times of being a teenager.... You have all the time in the world left to play any instrument.
    Playing an instrument isn't a matter of age. It's a matter of feeling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinderofl View Post
    Nope, not too late. Won't become a Mozart of Sax but you can do good
    everything is possible, you never know what kind of hidden talent he may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockmonky View Post
    I have a tenor and alto, they are my favorite to play out of all 5 instruments I own, but the Sax sounds really cool but it's not as easy as the piano or guitar, so if you ever had problems with them then you might struggle with the sax.
    Depends on the person I guess. My neices school started with recorders in 4th grade, which has generally the same fingerings as the sax, so in fifth grade they weren't allowed to pick the sax because they already knew the basics of it. If they REALLY wanted to play sax, they could choose it for sixth grade.

I wouldn't say sax is harder than piano or guitar at all though, might be a personal thing.

Never too late to play for fun, but most likely too late to make it for living.

It's never too late but keep in mind that the younger you are the better your muscle memory is at adapting to new things. But you're only 20 so it isn't that big of a deal.

i prefer the sound of a tenor sax over an alto, but that's opinion. If i were to pick up sax, it'd definitely be tenor.