Looking for a good game...

I can't seem to find a game that can hold my attention. It isn't that I have ADD, it's that every game I have played, I have gone into hoping it would give me that same amazing feeling that I had when I started playing WoW. I loved WoW from Vanilla to BC, but ever since then it has kind of slowly gotten less and less fun. I am not sure if it the game itself, or me just not seeing a point in playing.

I just bought GW2 but I am already bored of it. I have tried Skyrim, LoL, Diablo III, Tera, and The Secret World. None of those lasted more than a few weeks until I was bored of them. CoD/Halo are only fun when playing with RL friends. I played SC2 (I've had it since release) for a couple weeks recently, and that was probably the most fun I have had in a while, but after trying GW2 and being disappointed, I really don't feel like going back to playing SC.

Am I the only one who feels like no games can seem to match early WoW or does anyone have any game suggestions?
    Last edited by mindflayz22; 2012-09-08 at 10:17 PM.

i have this same issue.

im not sure if games are just less interesting then they used to be, or if im just getting older and have lost my desire to get fully addicted to one particular game.

i suspect though that it is a combination of those and other minor factors.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    retro gaming and indie gaming might be something for you. there are tons of older games and tons of indie games that are dirt cheap (so no harm done if you don't like it), yet have compelling and lasting gameplay.

what exactly did you like about early WoW, though?

Go back to play SC2 because I love Starcraft and I want 1 more people to play SC. Metagame has changed a lot since you left. It will be fun.

Deleted
    Same here, tbh. Seems that except wow, every other video game is just a steaming pile of crap. I think I played gw2 for about 1 hour before getting utterly bored but this is far from being the 1st case where I buy a mediocre game which I play for very little.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    retro gaming and indie gaming might be something for you. there are tons of older games and tons of indie games that are dirt cheap (so no harm done if you don't like it), yet have compelling and lasting gameplay.

what exactly did you like about early WoW, though?
    It just felt like something new every time I got on (discovery and learning wise), like I was making progress every time I logged in. Now I feel like I know everything and have done everything in the game. As for Retro and Indie games - any good suggestions?

Try to pick up a game genere that you didn't care about or hasn't appealed much to you before. There are plenty of games on the market, the most popular ones aren't necessarily the best games out there. I guess all I'm trying to say is: try to broaden your view.

I know one thing I loved about early WoW was the feeling of nigh limitless exploration and gameplay. The world felt infinite. That exploration aspect hooked me, and with the increased ease of travel lately I don't get that as much.

Minecraft hooked me in part because it has infinite terrain generation and is highly customizable. One payment, and there is absolutely no end to it in sight.

You want something different? There's dozens of mods out there that can tailor minecraft to be whatever game you want to play. You can't find that anywhere else.

Let's say I want a hardcore series of challenges that put my gaming abilities to the test. BAM! http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...ostile-series/
    Or instead I just want to goof off and ride a pony around, spreading sunshine and rainbows in my wake? BAM!
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...es-v05-ssplan/

That's just the tip of the iceberg.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-09-09 at 07:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I know one thing I loved about early WoW was the feeling of nigh limitless exploration and gameplay. The world felt infinite. That exploration aspect hooked me, and with the increased ease of travel lately I don't get that as much.
    Couldn't have said it better.

I'll give Minecraft a try, I don't care too much for fancy graphics anyways

If you want MMOs you can try SWTOR, DCUO or Vindictus. NFSWorld is ok for a racing game.

Other great games you can play online are BF3, Gears of War 3(if you have an Xbox360), Uncharted 3(if you have a PS3), CrossFire (F2P)...

Single-player go for Arkham City & Asylum, Kingdom of Amalur, Dante's Inferno (if you have an Xbox360 or a PS3), Brutal Legend (Xbox360 or PS3), Splinter Cell Conviction (also great Co-Op), Lego Batman 1&2, Fear 2(can go for 3 I personally liked the 2nd more), Red Dead Redemption (also has a multiplayer component), Teraria (also has a multiplayer component), McPixel, Rezident Evil 4, God of War (if you have PS3 you can play all 5 games), Gears of War (1 is for PC as well as consoles, but 2&3 are console exclusive), Mortal Kombat Komplete 2012 (Xbox360 & PS3, has multiplayer and tag-team as well as local co-op).