10+ Year Old Account

command demon macro issue, help plz

hi. i'm a warlock. i use mouseover macros for a number of things. previously i used one for dark intent, soulstone, dispel, fear, etc.

currently i am stumped trying to get my macro working for dispel

here's what it used to be:

#showtooltip Singe Magic
    /cast [mod:shift]Singe Magic;[@mouseover,exists,help]Singe Magic;[nomod,@player]Singe Magic
    it doesn't work anymore, i think because of command demon.

here's an example: i have my imp out, when the imp is out it does dispels itself, at least on me. my command demon ability with my imp active is cauterize master. i take grimoire of sacrifice, and use it, so my command demon ability becomes singe magic.

i'd like to get singe magic mouseover enabled again because it was quite useful to help out healers with the tedium of dispel, but i can't figure this out.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Why don't you try replacing Singe Magic with Command Demon? The spell Command Demon is to use the best attack of the pet, in your case Singe Magic.

Oh, hmm. I see the problem. Sec :s
    Last edited by Obsession; 2012-09-08 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah i have grimoire of supremecy, but i am toying around with sacrifice atm. trying to figure out how i can use singe magic as a mouseover macro with sacrifice, which is why i am asking.

Just add Command Demon as a seperate line with a nopet condition. This should work, and also be simpler than what you had:

#showtooltip Singe Magic
    /cast [mod:shift,@mouseover]Singe Magic;[nomod,@player]Singe Magic
    /cast [nopet,mod:shift,@mouseover]Command Demon;[nopet,nomod,@player]Command Demon
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-09-08 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    that works, thanks!

too bad that everything is tied to this command demon crap now, i need like 6 new macros just to make shit like seduce or dispel or axe toss work now. /sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    @lawomous it doesn't work on mouseover, just tested :\

it casts singe magic on me rather than whomever i have moused over.

@netherspark, when you edited it, and shortened it, it no longer functions for mouseover :\
    Last edited by helheim; 2012-09-09 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Ah, I used netherspark's last post, he had shift mod for mouseover. What do you want the shift modifier for, a friendly target?

In that case it would be:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Singe Magic
    /cast [pet:imp,@mouseover,help][pet:imp,mod:shift,help][@player]Singe Magic;[pet:fel imp]Sear Magic;[mod:shift,@mouseover][@player]Command Demon
    i used to use shift for focus target. now i'm testing your code here, and it simply does nothing. it doesn't cast singe magic on myself with no target or mouseover, it's just a dead button. shift mod does nothing either.

the old variation of nethersparks macro actually works how i want, it's just so long that i can't add anything to it, to make it more functional for say other command demon abilities :\

Alright one more try, I guess you're using Grimoire of Sacrifice which is why it wasn't working.

Code:
    #showtooltip Singe Magic
    /cast [pet:fel imp]Sear Magic;[pet:imp,@mouseover,help][pet:imp,@focus,mod:shift][pet:imp,@player]Singe Magic;[@mouseover,exists,nodead][@focus,mod:shift][@player]Command Demon
    Last edited by lawomous; 2012-09-09 at 01:48 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you, works.

now to do 5 different variations for the other command demon functions.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!