Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My Account Got hacked and there is nothing i can do about it?

So i got an email notifying me that my email got changed. I went to submit a ticket that i got hacked and they simply said we need your serial number for the game and your email on the game. Problem is i bought the game online and i can't log into my account so i can't get the serial.... and idk what the email on the account is now!.... So basically i lost my account forever?

I am really annoyed with this

this again sorry but, basicly no. this is why I always buy retail.. or write down my codes. really.. nope nothing. and if you don't know the email? well bloody hell yes you lost it for ever.

Call blizzard.

The original email sounds like it might have been fake, but definitely call them. This is 100% fixable.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 04:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    this again sorry but, basicly no. this is why I always buy retail.. or write down my codes. really.. nope nothing. and if you don't know the email? well bloody hell yes you lost it for ever.
    Can't tell if trolling or just ignorant to the truth.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, calling Blizzard gets stuff done a lot faster, and it's done smoothers, in my opinion. I got hacked once a while back and they got my account back to me in like ~10 minutes.

Deleted
    Doubt calling blizzard about his GW2 account will solve any problems

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense but people usually keep their serial number/s. Especially with Digital downloads. In case something goes wrong, or they uninstall a game and want to reinstall it.

As for the ticket, they want the email address you originally used to register (the one that got changed) pretty sure you would know that? As for logging in that wont give you your serial number as it is not stored there. As above you are meant to keep it O.o So i suggest replying with your email you used, your personal details, and telling them you did not save the number and go from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't they usually email the serial code to you in the email you get when you buy the game?

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    Call blizzard.

The original email sounds like it might have been fake, but definitely call them. This is 100% fixable.

---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 04:12 PM ----------

Can't tell if trolling or just ignorant to the truth.
    I think he needs to get a hold of Arena Net and not Blizzard (thread is in gw2 sub forum). OP: Call up A.net/Blizz and see what they can do, customer support people are usually pretty understanding. Probably worth it to change any other game/email passwords as well to avoid it in the future.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Oh holy crap, i totally missed that this was in the GW2 forum... im way too high to be helpful...

Well... uhmm... Call ArenaNet? NCSoft?

There's gotta be something they can do, some sort of plan for this type of issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. But they had the right idea, just the wrong company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Stand up. You jut defeated gravity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Don't they usually email the serial code to you in the email you get when you buy the game?

Yes they do, totally forgot about that, just checked my emails.

OP You should have an email titled Thank you for purchasing GW2 (In that is your "cd key")

Hoping you keep important emails!

You should have gotten an email with your purchase that contains your serial number.

If you don't have that email anymore, an account recovery may still be possible, but may be more involved (because, basically, ArenaNet will need to have enough evidence that you are the actual account owner and not just another hacker). They will, I think, ask personal information that a hacker would not know, such as the date you registered the account, your RL name, your birthdate, last digits of the credit card number you bought the game with, etc. I.e. stuff that a hacker can't find on your account but that you entered when registering.

you create a support acocunt and put a report in for lost accccount, giving them all the info you have. its on the support page for gw2. Same thing happened to me, it took about a week to get my account back, i had no serial either

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Yes they do, totally forgot about that, just checked my emails.

OP You should have an email titled Thank you for purchasing GW2 (In that is your "cd key")

Hoping you keep important emails!
    i didn't get this email :/

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWhiplash View Post
    i didn't get this email :/
    Prepurchase email maybe? thanks for registering? Anything you can include from them would likely help.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenlnir View Post
    Prepurchase email maybe? thanks for registering? Anything you can include from them would likely help.
    yes i got the pre purchase email but no code so how can i use this? Take a screen shot of it?

Deleted
    yes i got the pre purchase email but no code so how can i use this? Take a screen shot of it?
    You must have got a code somewhere that you used when you registered to the game. Use that one and mail them and they should fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Screenshot it, yes, why not can't hurt can it? You would of got some sort of purchased/pre purchase confirmation too tho with a code, so it either got deleted accidentally, you have over looked it ? (i move important emails to a new folder in my email) for example, or it went to junk mail perhaps. If for some reason you did not actually get one, then also mention it, but i find that hard to believe.

As someone else mentioned they got their acc back with no serial, so i'm sure you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by BongimusPrime View Post
    Call blizzard.
    That is so precious. You've made my morning so far, I really needed a good fix of laughter to get me through the day. I know I go " Damn it,Bliz! Fix it!" For everything now. The line in store too long? The car engine just broke? The date is late? Exam is too hard? "Damn it, Bliz! Fix it!" You know it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried to search, on the e-mail you used to buy the account online, for any e-mail that contains the words Arena Net or Guild Wars 2?

Assuming of course that your e-mail has a search feature, as all modern e-mails should. :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.